Whats the deal with VAG trash insisting on using FWD-bias 'AWD'?

Whats the deal with VAG trash insisting on using FWD-bias 'AWD'?

Other urls found in this thread:

carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/long-term-tests/volkswagen/vw-golf-r-2015-long-term-test-review/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuel economy numbers.

It's not just vag. All mainstream manufacturers except Subaru and maybe jeep use haldex.

retard protection

>WHY IS MY CAR SLIDING REEEEEEEEEEEE HELP

Audi still has a Torsen-based AWD system as well, used in the A4 and up.

If you want a RWD bias the engine has to be mounted longitudinally. inb4 evo 50//50 split horseshit. That's not going to happen in a tiny shitbox.

Torsen is only used with their longitudinal engines.

Torsen or not it's still FWD biased if the engine is mounted transverse.

>being FWD biased somehow makes the car worse

A reminder that WRC cars have been biased to pull more from the front than push from the back since the late 80's.

That's why I said "used in the A4 and up". I know the A3 and TT are Golfs with a bodykit.

They also understeer like a motherfucker. Pretty sure they used a 50/50 split back in the day.

Not anymore, Google it. You have to get an S or RS Audi to get a proper Torsen AWD system now.

When will Veeky Forums finally fucking get that cars are made for profit and not for a handful of internet people.

Making cars FWD or FWD biased is cruise control for less spicy driving behavior.

As soon as some soccermom drives off a cliff because the rear overtook her and it can be proven that it was because the RWD drive train wasn't tame enough the brand is pretty much done.

Every car is made as idiot proof as physically possible nowadays and making everything FWD or FWD biased is half the job and most normies don't fucking care, believe it or not.

And why should we be happy with that situation?

Nintendo is making Mario games on iPhone now, does that mean that its ok because that's how to make more profits ?

Passion > money.

No it's not you fucking retard

because it's cheap and fuel economy reasons

>Fuel Economy
>In an all-out $40k sports car

I guess it is more about the factory lines.

No matter the reason however it is fucking retarded. I doubt anyone in the market for those would care about spending a few grand more for a proper AWD setup.

Better fuel economy means better emissions which means cheaper taxes in a bunch of EU markets. The fact that it doesn't matter irl is irrelevant. Hence why the new 911 is now turbocharged and does like 40mpg in official tests (and about 15mpg in the real world)

>Mokou
I like these

Why does it have to be mounted longitudinally?

because he's retarded

Haldex "quattro" for that fellow who "needs AWD for the snow", proper Torsen-based quattro on the models that matter.

Only a retard laps the branding up.

Mitsu.

People like you don't buy new cars so they don't give a shit

We don't buy new cars because they don't cater to us.

They don't cater to us because we don't buy new cars.

And when they kinda try, we end up with the 200 hp BRZ catastrophe.

Just can't win. FWD and boring ass people won.

Normies won. This is the future.

EFFU EFFU always wins

VAG adopting Haldex in the 90s allowed the system to be developed and brought down in cost.
Manufacturers looking to fit awd see it as a convenient off the shelf solution.
I'm not sure if there is another one so it seems it's basically the de-facto choice for manufacturers who can't justify the expense of developing a proprietary solution.

Show me a transverse mounted AWD car that has 100% power going to the rear under normal conditions. inb4 a focus with the gay ass drift button.

>bought new car
>ford focus se
>handles ok
>really gr8 manual gearbox
Honestly, some modern cars are fine, even if they are mostly FWD.

They can't fake emission results if all four wheels are rolling.

>moving goalposts
do you not know what rear biased means? is english not your first language?

kek
>VAG

Then you get to vote with your wallet like every other consumer.

I'm not sure you do... Still waiting for you to show me an example.

lol yeah good one you fucking tard

Why so bitter? Did you loose a forza group race or something? I bet you've never even driven a car, let alone a AWD one.

>Veeky Forums
>knowing what the fuck its talking about ever

The Golf R actually understeers way less than the Audi RS3 (Mechanical 50/50 Split, same chassis). And its the lightest Turbo AWD car at 3300lbs.

The newest version of Haldex even uses the brakes to simulate a LSD to make it rotate (XDS+), and isn't noticeable when it disengages/engages from AWD. They're idiots comparing it to the first generation of Haldex on the Mazdaspeed 3/Volvo S60R/VW R32. I'd honestly get it over a new STi (garbage motor)/Focus RS (overheats and actually does turn into a FWD car)

carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/long-term-tests/volkswagen/vw-golf-r-2015-long-term-test-review/.

Nice one user.
My mum drives an AWD car, doesn't mean she knows anything about them either.

Ahhh you're British, that explains a lot. Buses aren't AWD so I wouldn't expect you to understand. AWD is probably against Shariah law, sorry.

judging by the unsuccessful attempt at banter and apparent lack of knowledge of anything more complicated than a pushrod I'd guess you're american.
shame that you don't know an awd system that sends 51% of it's torque to the rear is rear biased, but it is, no matter how much you try and move the goalposts.

51% doesn't count you autistic fuck. Hardly a bias...

a rear bias is a rear bias you fucking idiot.
just because you struggle with the english language doesn't mean words now mean something else, you fucking failure

>judging by the unsuccessful attempt at banter and apparent lack of knowledge of anything more complicated than a pushrod I'd guess you're american.
so salty

I give up. Funny how you say I don't know english when you're probably a pajeet in the heat.

hahaha believe whatever makes you feel better lads

What makes me feel better is knowing the Queen's Royal Navy has no heads. They just shit on the poop deck.

handling wise the golf r setup can't do anything a fwd with lsd can't also do.
the focus and sti can at least do some kind of yaw control, they don't need a super stiff rear arb to get the back end out