Why is it that in newer csrs (2000+) you cant drive with opened windows...

Why is it that in newer csrs (2000+) you cant drive with opened windows? I mean even at lower speeds like 40kmh the wind isso unbearable as it starts to pulsate and WOBWOBWOWOB your head out.
In all my older cars i can do 150kmh without that effect

>"wahhh! the wind makes my ears hurt when I drive too fast!"
are you listening to yourself dude?

Can you even read? I said that in older cars this problem doesnt exist

I disagree

drove with the windows down on the freeway today going 90mph (~145 bongs an hour) with the windows down and I didn't start crying like you.

Good question OP!

Bump!

Maybe it has to do with better seals around the edges of the cabin creating a difference in pressure, if you don't have enough windows open the turbulence will be too much and cause fluctuations in pressure.

If you open all windows that tends to go away, which is why I've thought that my hypothesis is correct.

Always wondered why my mother's fusion did this and my father's older tribute nor my car did.

crack the rear windows open

No I haven't noticed this. I've driven my car 80+ with the windows open and it's a 2012.

older cars aren't as well sealed, so air might have been forced out of gaps in panels mitigating the issue

This, basically. The modulation is caused by the aerodynamics of the car. Pressure builds inside the cabin then has nowhere to be released other than right back out where it came from creating a powerful low frequency

and this will fix it

my svx doesn't have this issue :^)
split window master race

I think its a combination of thicker B pillars which the wind bounces off of and the fact that amoking windows arent a thing anymore to prevent the swirl of air that is created right behind the rear view mirror to come into the cabin.

Do you open more than one window?
I always open the passenger side about a third as much as I open my window.
Never any WUBWUBWUB. Good airflow

It's like you drove twice in your life dude

Same here
My 72 Duster Works perfect with both Windows Down going nearly 180 on the Autobahn
The newer Cars get unbearable after 100kmh

Have you tried not driving econoboxes?

Or SHUTTING THE WINDOWS AT SPEED?

Enjoy picking up McDonald's through your gun slot

Better aerodynamics allow the car to become a giant Helmholtz resonator, just like blowing across the top of a bottle,l except the frequency is a lot lower due to size. The airflow over the windows of older or more conservative cars is too scrambled for this effect to occur

It's simple, modern cars don't have rad wind deflectors anymore

>I mean even at lower speeds like 40kmh the wind isso unbearable as it starts to pulsate and WOBWOBWOWOB your head out.

That happens even in my 2016 GM Malibu. If I open the rear windows while driving, a resonance effect occurs causing an excessively loud and physically strong pulsating pressure. It can be reduced by opening the windows in a pattern to cause a swirl in the cabin, but that is also annoying. Opening the front windows doesn't cause that problem of course since GM must have tested for that.

But the usual trick of driving with a rear window open (for less road noise to the driver up front) is sort of gone with cars that have a resonance problem when rear windows are used while driving. It seems to occur with new cars with shallow sloping rear windshield.

Bongs use mph too, retard

Better aerodynamics.

On old cars, the air flow is turbulent from the front of the car. On newer cars, its smooth (laminar). So an open window would be the first disturbance the air flow encounters. Then its like blowing over the top of an open pop bottle.