>Miata Adventures & Blog Posts
>Miata Pictures & Fun Webms

>Miata buying guide
wiki.miata.net/tiki-index.php?page=Checking Out a Used Miata

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oC__JxLj6-8
youtube.com/watch?v=YR7K6O76uXo
japanesenostalgiccar.com/product/decal-racing-mate-tribute/
ebay.com/itm/Car-Magnetic-Air-Vent-Mount-Holder-Stand-For-Phone-iPhone-6-Plus-Samsung-GPS-/222121328536
avto.net/Ads/details.asp?ID=11304917
youtube.com/watch?v=GBajx5ejjec
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Miatas are gay. Get a real car.

Would you guys consider a fully restored salvage title 97 with a LSD for $2500? Only 125k too so it's pretty low mileage. Rebuilt motor and a new clutch as well.

The previous owner put this hard plastic ring (and a shit ton of gasket maker, thanks pal) on my cas instead of a rubber o-ring.
How do I get this thing off?

Winter is coming

should I buy a hard top?

I don't like the idea of not being able to conveniently drop the top whenever it isn't raining

Cut it apart, hacksaw or dig in with a knife

Also my interior is fabulous

Anyone who has any experience with final drives?
I have a 2002 with the 3.9 torsen rear end, and I would want a shorter ratio. I know that I could source a 4.44 from the RX8 or a 4.77 from a Kia Sportage but I'm uncertain about the partnumbers and where I can score one for cheap here in Europe. I don't understand why the new ones are so stupidly expensive.

Momo podiums are pretty nice wheels honestly

If cutting won't work, maybe try carefully burning with a lighter or soldering iron in one place.

That's the old o-ring you fuckhead. It's now just old and hard as fuck.

I wanna know if you had to replace the valve cover to remove it? gotta do my cas and ignition coils soon on my 94 senpai.

You remove it and reinstall with the valve cover in place. But the latter is much easier to do with the valve cover off. Honestly, a gasket is cheap and it's only a dozen small bolts. I'd recommend doing both CAS and VC gasket at the same time.

Hell, might as well clean and polish/paint the valve cover while you have it off.

I used to have a rebuilt title miata and all I ever noticed were it's flaws. The fact that it wasn't worth anything also made it difficult to justify buying expensive parts on it. If it's flawless and you don't mind about the resale price, then I say check it out, but try to get it for $2000 or less. Also make sure your insurance company will insure it.

If your soft top is in good condition, a hardtop is not necessary for the winter. It is nice to have though, especially with defrost.

eBay/craigslist/other online used parts distributors, junk yards/pick n pulls, part outs, etc. That's where I'd look first.

any websites I should visit to buy a fuel pump relay/main relay? I was thinking of just buying one from a parts car but I might as well get a new one if it isn't too expensive.

youtu.be/oC__JxLj6-8

What is the best way to store your Miata if you don't have a garage and don't plan on driving it much (if at all) during the winter?

Is parking it on a tarp and then covering it okay? Or just park it on the dirt like my other cars, I don't have a paved driveway...

Get snow tires and drive it in the winter you nerd

I have 2 other cars, why drive my Miata?

Nice clover badge
Where did you get it?

Anyone know what phone mount I could use with these air vents?
They're converted from Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G
The phone would only be used for nav

Bought myself one after hanging out at Flyin' Miata working on their V8 ND for a week.

youtube.com/watch?v=YR7K6O76uXo

Not my car actually. I got that pic from radroadsters.net.

wait are you that black guy

The sticker is right here tho japanesenostalgiccar.com/product/decal-racing-mate-tribute/

Use Google next time

I am very white.

you might need to do a windshield mount beam-type thing

>Razo Luxis.
Any cracks?

I was hoping that wasn't going to be the case

Have you tried a normal vent mount with a four-prong clip? I bet you could flip the vent open and upside down to attach the mount to one of the now-horizontal flaps.

So I bought my Miata around a month ago and I've been thinking of getting a roll bar/cage.

Is there anything in particular I should watch out for or would most rollbars/cages work well?

I just use a magnetic one that goes in the CD slot.

Thought about a rollbar too, but will let it stock.
Best color btw

NB master race

What's the name of that blue?
looks smart

ebay.com/itm/Car-Magnetic-Air-Vent-Mount-Holder-Stand-For-Phone-iPhone-6-Plus-Samsung-GPS-/222121328536
this one may work. My dad has it and it works. The magnet is stronk so the phone wont fall off unless you do something like going over a bumper at a high speed, something you should not do anyway.

Probably "something blue metallic"

sapphire blue mica, or innocent blue. first available on the 10AE

Anyone have that picture of a blushing white ND with a single fang? Google isn't helping.

If you're looking for a cheap used one, maybe treasure coast miata or parts group.

Check miata.net's vendor page.

I helped my friend get his new $1200 miata home today, pic related. It's a 1994 m edition that had been sitting for a year because of a "bad fuel pump".

After some diagnosis we got it running in about 10 mins, all that was wrong was a bad fuel pump relay. We changed the oil, put some good tires on it, installed a good battery, topped off the radiator and successfully drove it about 35 miles. Miata stronk.

Not a bad deal imo, it's even got a wooden nardi wheel and a carbon fiber cowl intake on it. The soft top even has a glass window with defrost. Plus all the goodies that came along with the m edition like LSD and ABS. Pretty hype for him

Is he going to bondo that shit or just get a new fender?

Just replace it. The original paint is ruined anyway. That's not the worst of the damage either haha

Interior need some love too, I think hes going to just replace the seats with some cloth ones

>dat nardi and matching handbrake handle tho

that tombstone tho

Pretty cool right? :P We're gonna try to de-bomb it lol. If not I have an extra one laying around.

This guy had it for like 7 years and by the looks of it gave 0 fucks

>spend $300 on detailing equipment in two days. DA polisher, pads, microfiber towels, products, buckets, tubs for supplies, everything.
>spend like 15 minutes working this one section of the hood i taped off as a test bed, super relaxing with music actually

>end result

oh fuck that's an improvement

detailing is comfy af and extremely rewarding

oh and that isn't dirt on the other parts of the hood, that's all scratches and swirl marks

>All those cosmetic mods
>Can't even diagnose a bad fuel pump relay

What a fucking scrub. Glad you guys rescued her, user.

That's pretty cool dude. Like a brand new paint job. Btw did you ever get that dowel out of the shifter turret?

I'm glad too, soon she'll be presentable again.

Dang I need to get around to doing that.

don't get too excited
i still have these....spots left over. i don't know what they are, they don't feel rough to the touch though, paint feels smooth af

tomorrow i'll give it several more passes with the M205 on the orange pad after cleaning the pad off. I honestly don't know if those spots are repairable

miatas really are fag cars you know that right?

All what cosmetic mods? Apart from a few stickers on the radio bezel and half a can of spray paint on the wheels, that car is stock af.

You're an insecure manchild who's regurgitating facebook-tier epic maymays, you know that right?

pretty sure it's bait to bump the thread with

Posting mine again.

'95 w/ torsen. Restored a bunch and lightly modded.

what tires do you guys use in winter? Last year I was sliding around even when I started in 2nd gear and let out as slow as possible. Really don't want to do that again.

I like that wing dude. You have another pic of it? It's the oem one right?

Hard dog roll bar. Don't get a rollcage for a street car unless you plan on wearing a helmet all the time.

Poor Yurop. Being burned to the ground by "refugees"

My Blizzaks are great. Miatas are really fun in the snow once you have a set of snow tires on them. They're even better if you have a torsen. The only drawback is the low ride height.

I have many, and yeah, it's the OEM one.

Here's a pic from 2010 when the car was stock.

>Yurop

Try "Alabama, USA."

Easy trick: Euro cars have orange sidemarkers on their front fenders.

What should I do if my top doesn't fold all the way back like that?

PO said not to unzip the zipper for the glass.

Idk man, I have a zipperless top (I can drop it in 6-7 seconds at a light while buckled). I think you are supposed to pit something (e.g. swim noodle) below the glass before you lower the window.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that.

It seems like the vinyl doesn't want to fold nicely into the storage area.

can you tell me more about NB miata limited edition? in the ad it says only 750 cars were made like that. it should have LSD?

here is the link to the ad but it is in slovene. well it has pictures.

avto.net/Ads/details.asp?ID=11304917

how stupid it would be to drive miata in the winter? road maintainers are usually pretty quick to remove snow from the streets.

there are lots of different limited editions. most are just an unusual color or interior trim.

Hey Veeky Forums
I'm trying to get a new soft top but my mechanic says that the soft top frame is missing some parts. Is there a place online where I can buy whole new frames?

Just wintered, never needed a hard top. Dropping the top is too cool to lose anyway.

Is this a good head unit for a NA miata?

I just want HD radio and bluetooth.

>Pioneer FH-X830BHS
>$180

Heh I just threw my soft top frame away a few days ago

I recommend finding someone with a torn top that they're trying to get rid of and scavenge pieces from it

So my 97M needs new brakes (purchased it that way)

Is there a "best" setup to use for street driving. Was thinking of just getting some centric rotors and hawk pads, is that sufficient?

nevermind, forgot that I have to buy a new tombstone to make it fit properly

Yes that's a solid brake setup. If you want to spend a little extra you could buy the centric premiums that have coated rotor hats so you don't get that rusty rotor look.

Hard Dog is probably the best brand to get.
Be aware that certain types will not work with glass rear windows and some will not be compatible with a hard top.

youtube.com/watch?v=GBajx5ejjec

>average_miata_owner.wmv

Aw look, it's his first day on Veeky Forums and he's trying to fit in

I did the starter fluid on the throttle body test to see if my car was getting gas+spark and it turns out its a fuel delivery issue. Anything else I should replace besides the fuel filter and fuel pump?

>closetfag still shitposting
Here's your (You) now fuck off. Btw you're late af.

What headlights are those?

That was what I was intending on buying, it's like $200 vs $230 for the whole setup so it's not a big deal.

I wish they made slotted rotors in that price point, but I guess I really don't need them for typical street/some autocross driving.

Garage Vary IIRC. The newish Jet Stream headlights look way nicer IMO.

Damn, those do look better. $800 is a steep price for JDMTYTE parts

You could always get slotted rotors in the front and blanks in the rear.

For the front pair they're $150 for stoptech and $110 for DBA on good win

Agreed, fuck that. I love the OEM look anyway. I wanted fixed lights for a while but now I kinda feel like it doesn't suit the NA. Should just get a Z31 or FD for that style, or settle with an NB if I wanted fixed lights. Club bro (guy that owns that NA) said the visibility with those lights actually wasn't as bad as he expected, but he switched back to OEM last time I saw - not sure why. Might just be because our state law fucking sucks and in order to pass annual inspection he swapped it back. He did get them cheaper than $800 IIRC as he was one of the first to order it for the initial production run.

I wouldn't mind making them myself if I knew how. I love the look of flush mount lights on the Miata.

Rev9 posted some pics of visibility with the Jetstream lights and they are decent enough for night driving.

Also want the GV rear panel but would settle for a decent replica just to avoid the huge pricetag, lead time, and installation

>two hours of work on this one section of the driver side quarter panel later

god damn that's a workout but the results speak for themselves really

What mods should I do to my NA miata, fellow miata owners? I can't lower my car, my country has a shitload of big speedbumps.

The only "mods" I've done so far are new rims+tryes, pic related.

Also some asshole probably kicked my car when I was sleeping, leaving a nice big dent in the door and front panel. I'll have to get those replaced.

I'm thinking of dipping my car once I get the paint fixed up, it's difficult to find time seeing as I need my car for work, and I can' afford 2 cars.

Thinking about dar orange, thoughts?

Wow, looks really good. I've been meaning to spend a day detailing my car this entire summer, still haven't gotten around to it.

My paint looks nice from ten feet away but theres a fuckton of swirl marks upon closer inspection because my old wax applicator apparently had dirt all over it. Triggers me every time I see the paint in the direct sunlight.

Who here /advancedtiming/ ?
Thinking of going up to 14 BTDC because I'm an absolute madman

i didnt see this thread before i posted this thread
can you lads help a br/o/ther out?

What kind of ass lube do you guys like?

jiffy lube

Rotella T6

i you're just doing one or two passes of fine polishing per panel you might be able to do the ENTIRE car in two days, but that includes a proper wash at the start of each day and fully claybaring each section you're about to detail

since i'm dealing with significant paint correction i need to do several passes of heavy cut compound AND THEN do polishing on top of all the washing and claybar

also, one thing to try doing is to do the entire restoration process, wash-claybar-polish-wax, one panel at a time. Once you've waxed it the panel is "locked in" for a while so you can do the car piecemeal

lel, I drive a 140hp car HARD.

Sounds bad ass until you remember that real men drove 1500hp cars on the complete limit 30 years ago.