Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Quaggan Edition

Old >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ip05AlQFYx4
metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Power_Hammer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for rats

2nd for cats

WoW's playstyle will feel outdated compared to GW2's, but such things as the UI and performance don't compare.

Who would win in a fight?

youtu.be/Ip05AlQFYx4

How many of you have played Guild Wars?

How many of you still play it?

I did.

I still have it installed, but only get on to help people with HoM shit.

Asura would make allies, Charr wouldn't.

Rats will come in packs.

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Master Ruseman, Awena, Valsi, Meyer The Shark, Surbrus Mindfang, Apothecary Beatus, Ancora Softpaw, Oren Nil
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic
EU [Here]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae The Spectre, Roxtar

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you
Don't Join [FUN] or [HOPE]

Those are troll guilds made to trick members away from joining the real above official guilds.

There's only 2 active guilds, HOPE and FUN in the OP. Please don't troll new players with that bloated list, that info is almost completely false or misleading, and I see you are now trying to convince people that it's not.

But as others pointed out in many threads before this, you contradict yourself by posting FUN and HOPE, that's just one example. It's pretty obvious you're trolling, but it's gotten old.

I'm a femcharr

>Rats will come in packs.
Charr will come in warbands.

This, I play for the flow of combat.

>tfw just had a comfy time with a few uplvls and some lvl 80s in labrynth

Myself and an asura engie were best buddies, he was new and was using asura racial skills, turrets, and pistol/pistol. The lil fella fought strong though and we managed to get the viscount to half hp, just he and I, before further help arrived. It was awesome.

fuck off shitposter/jugg

Nice comfyanon.

playing maid vaes barb like a clarinet

Did you bring reflects?

do femcharr have an innie or an outie ?

either

Fucking stop being a garbage general, you stop this right now or else!

A fate worse than death itself

dont cry vae...

such is our fate...

Pressing F doesn't access a view point for me. Is this a known issue?
I fucking suck and it took me a hell lot of time to get to this spot and now it won't work. Don't want to try again later...

when is the funeral
femcharrs only though

vae's kinky guardian

why is there a general for this, what purpose does it have? Just so you can force more shitposting?

>tfw complete noob shitter
>tfw people are nice and help you out on the map

Even in these threads as well. GW community is a lot better than most others. Makes me want to get more into it because of it :3

oh i get it, this is a sarcastic post
har har

cute ~

shitposting is all it's good for

Not at all. Posted a few days back about how I haven't played since release and people were giving suggestions on how/what to do.

And then today just unlocking viewpoints and found myself inside a dungeon with a champion and people were more than happy to come rescue my ass. Compared to the FPS community I'm used to, that was pretty cool.

I've played some of it but I got to a point in EoTN (I was trying to rush it for dem rewards) where I hit a brick wall and that kind of put me off it. I should get back into it but I'm lazy.

I'm really not sure how you're supposed to do that mission where you assault some flame stronghold's walls solo. I have to clear the walls for the NPCs running forward, but also run back and protect our seige or w/e, it really felt likje it required stronger micro skills than I have or getting friends.

tfw friends got together to play through prophecies together but that fell apart just barely after exiting the tutorial

Sold all my mystic coins (100~) was it a bad idea

yes

why tho

buy/sell price is almost the same anyway and idk what they do so I don't need them

people are hoarding them in case new legendaries appear, that makes the prices go higher since the market supply diminishes

I'm an engineer. I have mostly ascended gear, but I never thought much about the stats (I think they're mostly berserker) or what weapons/runes/traits/skills to use. Is there a guide somewhere that can teach me how to set up my character and play it to actually be useful in dungeons/fractals/other events?

Shiggly Diggly here
apparently I have been suspended for 384 HOURS by arenanet, something that has not been done so before and for good reason
just letting you lowlifes know of this as 384 hours is too much, especially for nebulous reasons, and i know many will miss me
I may threaten arenanet with legal action again to put this GM in his place, as I am suspicious that the GM has targeted me specifically
if anyone has experience with this let me know because logging onto GW2 at the end of my day has become a somewhat important ritual/habit

it is also a shame how degenerated this place has become since I was here years ago, do you people have no shame nor self-respect whatsoever ?
but this is anti-social behavior, so I am not surprised
if this is what you have to lower yourself to to console your frustrations and lack of meaningful social contact then you might as well just get over with it and end yourselves, this is just sad

lmfao get cucked BOIIIIIIIIIII

you can't have change without hate

>Tfw the guild you sent your application to a couple days ago is ghosting your ass

Why does it hurt so much bros

It's a one of a kind guild aswell on top of it

what the hell is ghosting

what

?

>tfw HOPE turned down your application

stalking

>tfw HOPE turned down your application AND then proceeded to bully you in front of everyone in DR

dead game

fluffy game

dead cunny

>tfw not sure which HOPE mcharr is the father

Maybe if they didn't all have the same face it'd be easier to tell.

underrated post

no but I think the lil fella activated something which put up reflects a few times. I play reaper most of the time these days so no reflects for me. I know it would be super useful for that fight.

only fluffy barbie

no hes gae

I started playing a month ago and was given the idea to create characters with professions I personally found cool. I'm now looking into trying fractals/raids to start progress on ascended equips. What were the chances the three I chose were (from what I've read) shafted by the last patch? Will I get snubbed by pugs?

Bring necro for fractals, engi for raids

Why you calling a first boss "raids"?

Engineer was already shit before the patch. Necro is now, indeed, ripe for the dumpster in any team that has actual experience. That doesn't stop it from being incredibly popular in pug fractals simply due to the fact that only its damage has been lowered, not how safe of a pick it is.
Revenant still is a good basis for an actually competent fractal group due to how easily it can break bars and keep the team in check through various other means like for example Mallyx' condition pull. Unfortunately it's now no longer desirable in raids.

I am taking husbando applications so dont forget to apply

what

what does that even mean

laya a CUTE

Thanks for the input.
Darn. Well, I'll focus on gearing up either the necro or revenant first. Is there an engineer build that fares well enough in PvP so that I could at least get some use out of it until a hopeful future patch that bumps it up for PvE?

metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Power_Hammer
go smack people

laya a SCARY

send me a application pls

is "don't rush to 80" a meme?

no

I left HOPE to join EG

EG is worse than HOPE at raiding

should I sell Trick-or-Treat bags? or should I salvage everything?
I have a few hundreds of them.

all of the games content is at 80, dont listen to anyone who says otherwise

>he doesn't already have at least 10,000

If you dont have HoT then dont rush it, if you do then feel free to do so. You can do dungeons(some)/wvw/pvp without having to hit 80.

sell if you need gold

as said
Doing the rest of Tyria content/HoT content after rushing to 80 is fine because you'll be getting a lot of XP to level masteries and stuff

All you have to do is post your character and tell why you'd be best user.
Then we can hold hands.

are you a cute girl?

I've got some left over gems after buying the second season of Living World. The copper-fed is a given, and I'm looking at the unlimited gathering tools. I've never found myself stopping to gather anything - is it really worth the time?

only if you want the flashy animation. You'll never make the gold back.

Trying various wardrobe mixes
Thoughts?

that white dye with your graphics looks like missing models

Use a less bright white at least

you managed to have worser dye choice than drosera
congrats

Where were you when ANet gutted mesmer?

>preparing to convert my chrono's gear to a viper set for my necro
>patch hits
>mfw

try natural earthy colors instead

I think this thread would be better quality if Global Rule 3 were liberally applied to it.

Thoughts?

Clashes very heavily. Black and red is a common theme (and Whispers appropriate), but why the white? Are those sections supposed to be bleached fur, or something?

>My one trick pony build that combined two classes for everlasting boons was nerfed! :(

Maybe try to find a new meta now.

This thread would be better if anyone that posted here was banned from Veeky Forums permanently.
It would drastically improve the overall quality of the site.

I had to send feet photos to get accepted

PvE deserved to have the strongest boon in the game 100% of the time with no skill investment through one character though

There's no need to rush to 80, because you get plenty of content on the way there, not because you'll burn out before you reach there.

There's always at least 3 immediately level relevant zones you can jump to, and you can always jump to earlier zones and continue leveling there as well due to the level adjustment system.

I'm tempted to say 'don't even think about the leveling system as you play', because literally EVERYTHING you do contributes toward your level:

PVP Reward tracks frequently give tomes that immediately give you a level.

WvW does as well (although it is extremely newbie unfriendly so I don't suggest it, as although your level scales to WvW your gear does not). Also any tomes you get on one character you can transfer to another through bank accounts. If you're part of a guild, the guild trader sometimes sells kits for 1 Guild Commendation each that offer multiple Tomes, XP boosters, and upwards-adjusted, lower level Exotic gear.

Everything in PvE gives experience from the norm (killing stuff, completing events/hearts/vistas, map completion) to the abnorm (crafting, gathering crafting materials, reviving players and NPCs, participating in minigames). So just do what's enjoyable.

going into wvw when you first play the game is one of the most fun things i did when i started. Go in with shit armor and use ranged attacks. Make sure you're zerging and not just running with a small group of people.

lol dude can you use anything besides black, red, and white?

It looks fucking trash.

this post better be bait because gw2 has the most elitist community i've ever seen, the irony is that gw2 was made so people with double digit IQs can play the game and win at it

>dungeons: lvl 80 only or kick
>pvp: legendary or kick
>wvw: legend or kick
>open world meta events: know the encounters perfectly, join voip or people will scream at you
>raids: full ascended with food, meta build and 100+ LIs or kick
>fractals: full ascended with max infusions, food, meta build and 30k+ AP or kick

>quickness
>the strongest boon in the game

topkek, 25 might is a bigger damage increase.

And the skill investment to reach perma-quickness was a lot higher on the chronomancer than any other class role. Sure it wasn't "hard" but it was less brain dead every other rotation in the game.

>having everlasting boons is bad

Maybe we should just have DPS classes attacks randomly do 0 damage, because really going by this "perma-boons are bad" logic it's ridiculous that damage classes can keep putting out numbers all the time and totally unbalanced and overpowered that raids should have to rely on people doing continuous damage.