melbourne.craigslist.com.au/ctd/5712823458.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5774697697.html
carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-MR2-1988/SSE-AD-4262305/?Cr=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any Skyline.
AE86
First gen Fairlady Z

Subiebro WRX/STI

Any muscle cars from the 60's due to boomers.

This. It's fucking 25k for a 2009 wrx with 90k on it where I live like whaaaat.

any car thats a combination of fun / fast / famous

that's why you always buy subarus new

there is a massive wait to buy a brand new subaru wrx

all the fucking posers
wannabes
kiddies
boyracers
legit racers
ricers
soccer moms who want manual
normies

all of them want the wrx

No there isn't. My buddy walked onto a dealers lot and bought a 2017 WRX for well under MSRP not too long ago.

New ones look like ugly edgy soap bars anyway.

This they look like a new corolla

wut? There are 6 available and an STI at my local dealership.

Boomers have literally put me off ever purchasing a classic muscle car, rusted shell = 10k.

Looking like a soap corolla isn't bad when you're a red light racer

>Any Skyline.

>friend is moving to Maryland
>we're looking on CL
>see an okay R32 GTS for $24k
>literally lol
>I can drive up to Vancouver, BC, and buy a R32 GT-R for $500 more

Why are Americans this dumb? East coast seems to have the worst of the price hikes.

Also saw
>NSX for $100k
>another NSX for $45k ish
>bunch of Skyline sedans for $20k+

East coast out of control.

>2jz tax

The ultimate meme tax car, literally paying 5k or more for this grocerie getter.

Living in the northeast is fucking suffering. Anything with AWD is retardedly expensive because of winter time, everything fucking rusts because of all the salt on the roads, anything RWD has to sit in your garage for half the year, retard hillbillies don't buy foreign cars so there's never any market for anything Japanese, city niggas who actually buy foreign cars don't take care of them or pimp em out with dumb shit and then hike the price... it's absurd.

5k is a busted, gutted, drift fail project

also Z32's are on the rise in tax
>t-tops
>twin turbo
>two seater (non 2by2)
three T's of taxation

the whole poopra name is ruined senpai

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5761605657.html

Can literally still get this car for 5-11k (tt). Been that way for years. They aren't ricer taxed, it's just getting harder to find ones that aren't blown up. I've owned about 6 of them.

/thread

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/5720249161.html

>idiot tries to sell car for too much = the model is ricer taxed

Dude, those cars never sell and sit there forever. I've seen the same 300zx TT with mods sitting for 6 months on CL because the moron wants $15k and everyone else is selling for around 6. Just looked it up right now, 4 right by be, all TT with okay mileage for $5-7k. ricer tax encompasses the average price, not morons pricing themselves out of the market.

I don't envy the east coast, but I'm still adjusting to Pacific Northwest pricing after moving back here from Hawaii.

>Japanese cars in Hawaii are relatively cheap with anywhere from 75-150k miles
>Euro cars tend to be more expensive
>PNW is literally the opposite in terms of pricing and 150-200k miles is considered low mileage as well as Oregon hands out salvage titles like candy

>everything fucking rusts because of all the salt on the roads

I have a friend from Maine, who drifts and brought his first 240sx from rust hell, and he jokes about ads that say no or little rust. He always says that means there are no floor boards and all the panels need to be welded.

they salt your roads? here in WA salting roads is pretty much outlawed due to environmental concerns with all that salt getting into the groundwater and rivers, during the winter its all sand.

They don't salt our roads down here in Portland. That green text was from the other guy's post.

We don't receive enough snow here in Portland to warrant salting the roads since it melts the next day if it sticks.

Cant find a cheap one here in LA

>Driving around
>See a 66 Charger in pretty good shape sitting in some weeds
>Pull in and ask the old feller sitting on the porch if he's interested in selling
>"No that's my friend's, he's gonna fix it up"
>It's still sitting here

It's just gonna rust away, isn't it?

It hurts, Veeky Forums...

>outlawing salt over environmental concerns
>in PA
>half the state has been fracked, the other half is stripmined
>winter last for 7 months of the year

honestly they should just kick everyone out and let nature reclaim Pennsylvania.

Dude I know, for the last 5 years I've driven past this tt mkiv supra that just sits in this guy's driveway. All of the tires are flat and it is never washed. It is sad to see a car die from sitting.

>tfw WA
>tfw take the new part of 395 every day
>tfw half the time they don't even sand it
>tfw lines of cars and one or two nuts in WRXs going full eurobeat every winter
>tfw one cop in the same spot every other week because it's basically desolate

Feels, boomers are one of the worst breeds in car culture.

>his friend is dead

Boomers are the ones who have put all the money and time into saving them. Not exactly bad car culture.

Besides, I bought my 68 rust free cutlass 3 speed / 350 for $8,000. If you want rare, high trim, big engine, manual transmission cars, of course there's a premium. A lot are affordable.

I just bought a 1993 JZA80 TT Auto supra about an hour ago for 12K NZD..

You just got meme taxed my friend, RIP.

They either save them then overprice them to the moon, or leave them to rust and claim "I'll fix it one day".

Jeeps in general.
>Clearly abused, poorly maintained Jeep owned by a high school student with 250k on the clock and a salvage title? 15k

>Mint condition garage kept JK with 50k miles? 30k

Not to mention people here drive them like economy cars, so they are allways poorly maintained and covered in cheap aftermarket mods

12k for a twin turbo supra?

memetaxed? sounds like meme bargain.

Not really. I have seen decent tts for 5k and awesome ones for around 10k+

I live in Vancouver. The import/JDM scene is booming here. Its great

This. Reminds me of the time I saw a Chevy Silverado 454ss in Craigslist with 59 miles on it.

sale price? 4000 dollars non running. it sold. Saw it in Craigslist a few weeks later on sale for above 40000 dollars.

So true. Have been looking to buy a jk,The prices are ridiculous for most. Almost the same price as new new one with over 40k miles and a year old. Rubicon and saharas hard to find good deal. Got lucky with my yj, 2.2k for auto 2.5 with 90k miles. No body rust, frame excellent shape. Slowly working on suspension.

I fucking hate you that's less than the price of a salvage title na auto here in Americorp. With a missing headlight and three wheels

My grandfather has a black '66 F-100 shortbed that he had a 460 CI engine and a Ford Mercury rear end put into that's just totaled and rusting in the forest behind his house.

god damn man iktf
at least youre in ca so you dont have rust to deal with. i can find sub $5k options but the are all being eaten alive from the cancer.

found a great deal on my 80 though p stoked on it pic related

I like those but i couldnt deal with that gas mileage. Are there any aftermarket locking hubs for those 80s?

"I know what I got"

Yeah, it's a shitty old viper.

>460 cubic inches
>7,5 litres
wew

this is why you go XJ. Everything good about the wrangler without the shitty owners.

if youre worried about mpg, land cruisers in general are not for you. the 60 you are looking at gets 12mpg on a good day.

i believe there are locking hubs you can get for an 80 but idk why youd want to do that...

pennstate.craigslist.org/cto/5780694156.html

if youre worried about mpg, land cruisers in general are not for you. the 60 you are looking at gets 12mpg on a good day.

i believe there are locking hubs you can get for an 80 but idk why youd want to do that...

>xjs dont have shitty owners
wew

Pretty much anything fun from Japan in the 90s

But what if it's 100% stock? I thought a car that's 50 years old with literally everything in place and functioning with no cosmetic wear would be worth a fair bit

melbourne.craigslist.com.au/ctd/5712823458.html

hell yea

How can one be so stupid? Fucking Craigslist? Seriously?

so any car that has appreciated in value is simply meme tax?

diff poster but how much should I offer this dude for this FZJ80

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5774697697.html

Is this a trap or just a complete fucking retard?

Bout tree fiddy

This.. I've always wanted one of these and the only time the price is less than 8k is if its got 300k or the motors blown

I've never seen a low mileage is300

I bought my gti from Hawaii and had it shipped to Ct

At first I thought it was kinda cool knowing it was sold from Tony's Volkswagen of Honolulu and now the novelty's worn off and I'm stuck with a shitty Volkswagen

Toyota Tacoma

I didn't want these feels today

ITT: "any car I can't afford is meme tax"

Back in my place, anything that is more than 7 years old. Tax is twice as expensive and insurance is increased by 5 percent y.o.y

that's actually a really depressing twist

Any year mr2 are getting meme taxed up the ass. when I got my aw11 I got it for $1000 mainly because it had +330,000 on the clock and it had a dings and the paint on it is fucked up on it.
>mfw back then a mint supercharged aw11 would cost $3,000 at most
>now the aw11 in the same condition like mine NA cost 2,000 or more
>mfw people buy them still
They're not even fast kek

MK1 Focus SVTs have been fluxing a lot lately. I picked mine up in damn good condition for 3500, but I've noticed a they have jumped to an average of 4500 and some as high as 6-7k.

When we're 70, are there going to be kids hating us for clinging to our 90's imports?

fucking

W
H
E
R
E

>100% stock
That's a bad thing

That's what happens when you dont change your styling for 80 years

carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-MR2-1988/SSE-AD-4262305/?Cr=0

>347,000 km's
>4,000

lol no thanks.

One thing I hate about aw11's is the aftermarket mods for 4age is that its pricey as fuck for what it makes it put out to the wheels. The aw11 only gets fun now in these days if you do a engine swap.