Alicesoft/Rance General #547
Last thread: Holy Gal Monster Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SEA97RAu
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536

Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 5D, Rance VI (ENG) - Winter, possibly 2016. High resolution, decensored $35 bundle from Mangagamer
Heartful Maman (MILF Eroge) - January 27 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Possibly before 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

Upcoming Events
Halloween Drawfag Event
Leazas Drawfag Weekend (26th November)
Veeky Forums League 7

Vanilla Quest is hard to say because there really isn't much of a plot and a lot of the characters either don't have a sex scene or just have a sex scene and that is it.

Satella coming 8th isn't that strange. She does have a really good chance of polling highly in X though given how well she polls without a lot of in game attention

I guess we won't have a Halloween edition this year since this thread will still be up in like two weeks. Though having a Halloween OP for two weeks wouldn't be great either.

one week is like the slowest we ever get.

We're a three thread a fortnight general

Sooo will you get a game over in Sengoku's Ran route if you don't release Manmaru right after conquering Tenshi Sect?
If it does I have to backtrack something like 20 turns.

Unless something major happens and we can end up with 3+ a day

I actually can't remember. I don't think so? Shouldn't you be leaving Tenshi Sect alone in Ran route anyway?

Arunaru announces that he translated Kanami as Caname
10 threads in a day

Can't wait for Bezeleye

I think 10 threads in one day would require something more drastic like MangaGamer announcing that it's planning to release the Rance remakes on steam with all sexual content removed to improve sales.

It was still considered true route at that point, I hadn't even conquered Tokugawa and they attacked me.

Now when the Honnouji event happens it always ends up in game over because all the triplets aren't there.

As well as discontinuing the 5D and Vi release

Yeah I mean don't a lot of people leave that war just going on without finishing them off?

Its been a long time since I've played Ran route

>Sooo will you get a game over in Sengoku's Ran route if you don't release Manmaru right after conquering Tenshi Sect?
According to the Wiki, you're fine as long as you release her after entering the Ran Route.

Also, on their steam release of all ages Rance 01-04, they'd force full price but split Rance 03 in two parts and Rance 04 into three parts just like they do in the movies to get more money and require Steam to authenticate your saves of the previous parts in order to continue in the 2nd and 3rd part of the game.

>Yeah I mean don't a lot of people leave that war just going on without finishing them off?
Yes, because that's the optimal thing to do. The alternative is to conquer them prior to the temple event, which would most likely put you at war with Iga prior to you entering a route, which simply isn't desirable.

I never got into war with Iga. But I don't remember getting to choose whether to free the girl or not after conquering Tenshi sect, is this something I had to do in Naniwa?

>I never got into war with Iga
Good, that probably means you were at war with someone else while you were fighting the Tenshi Sect,

> But I don't remember getting to choose whether to free the girl or not after conquering Tenshi sect, is this something I had to do in Naniwa?
To my memory it's just a start of turn event that happens not long after you enter the Ran Route. To make matters worse it's actually missable, which can make the Ran Route unwinnable.

Is there a threat somewhere that explains how waifu 2x works? I'm a little interested.

You upload your image and it comes out.

It's more sophisticated than just doubling the image size in paint but it's no perfect

I meant the programming behind the tool, like how I'm assuming it creates a vector version of the art and then expands the dimensions as required.

I wouldn't know.

The chances of there being a thread explaining it are minimal.

I can't wait for more Wenlina

I got only 5 points on my first Sengoku clear, what is worth picking up for second game?
I think it only amounts for one special unit or two items.

Get the diviner.

Just get Elina

I'm off. Stay alive

For anyone who hasn't played Rance VI, place your bets on who you think you'll enjoy the most as characters that appear exclusively in Rance VI (and the Zeth area of Kichikuou Rance) once the translation is released. My guess for myself is team killer.

Does this picture take place in the future? Lia's very not pregnant at the moment.

The second Magic goes into the water, her bathing suit is going to become transparent.

She's an idiot yes.

Was this drawn by Orion?

Yes. And Gyoukai drew Gele.

Gele is dead to me now.

>tfw you'll never be stuck in a pocket dimension for centuries with Gele

Does being trapped in pocket dimension remove the need for food and such? because that would be a rather painful death otherwise

Damn Lia and Gele look great

It's an alternate dimension between time and space, so one would assume that time doesn't run.

Great taste.

Same. Her old design made sense, and matched her supposed great beauty.

Her great beauty also ended as a human with no eyes, arms, legs, and fucked breasts. She stopped being the Demon King. She's weaker, and her weakened state is presumably enough she can't replicate her original beauty again. Multiple characters remark she looked different. If anything this design makes more sense.

That doesn't mean I have to be happy that the most we'll ever get of an official, fully drawn picture of fully powered Gele will be half of her in the intro sequence of Rance VI and an incomplete/uncoloured sketch drawn by Orion.

If we're lucky she makes some minor appearance/cameo in X.

Of everyone who's spoken about that who knows Japanese, no one thinks it's likely to happen.

You'd think that as the Demon King she would have repaired her body permanently, though.

I actually don't remember characters commenting that she looked different, not saying I doubt you - they probably did. I must have just missed them saying that in 03, or forgot about it.

I was thinking more of an opening sequence or a flashback at best.

Well, Orion is hypothetically drawing for most of Rance X, so hopefully they won't get fish's design in for Rance X if they do include her as a cameo.

If she appears in an opening/flashback she will look like her former self I assume since it's about the time she was at full power.

What level did Rance reach in Rance 03?

I wonder if she had Gi strangle her from time to time when they were having intercourse.

best girl

Early to mid 40's with standard gameplay

Cry more.

Gele was probably the dominate one all things considered

Oh yeah that's fine. I just disagree about the old design making more sense. It's more appealing, but logically this design is better.

That design makes more sense considering her state in 03 but she should be in a full adult body at full power, the demonic limbs and eyes are a nice touch and honestly even with them she is extremely attractive. Although that said, I can see Gele using her powers to make herself look like she originally did.

I never conquered the Tenshi sect before entering the route before, but I think I remember hearing that there's an event in one of their former territories that lets you release her

Give that a try if you haven't already, it might be correct i don't know

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ragnarokarc Super Gandhi. He was one of my favourite characters in KR, so I'm interested in seeing what he's like in the canon part of the series

Gandhi understands the might of the hyper weapon.

I doubt it actually has a set time

Jill's new legs and arms are better and it the lore

Fizzart

So... what should I ask anons?

>My Lifespan
>Valuable Info
Why are those two separate options?

Ask her when X is going to be released

I think that wanting to know your lifespan is pretty homosexual, a real man with a good pair of balls just lives his life without knowing about the future.

My lifespan

Ask for her.

If someone who could actually tell the future said that you will die when you're 30, would you be ok with knowing that?

Yeah

As long as X is released before that

Yes.

If I was going to die, I'd rather know exactly when. That way I could die on my terms after doing everything I wanted to do, and not waste time doing pointless things.

If I was to die in 2 weeks for example, I would quit working, I wouldn't bother trying to save money or eat healthy or any of the sort. I could stop wasting time and effort doing things that would only help years down the road and focus on enjoying life as much as I possibly can in those 2 weeks, then on the final day, I could experience what it would be like to die in a certain way.

Have you never wondered what people who fall from great heights to their death feel in their last moments? How it feels to be in space without a space suit? How it feels to wrestle a lion or fight a bear? Things you would never think of doing in life because you enjoy being alive, you could do because no matter what, you are dying on that day.

Gay.

Yes because then I can try to stop it, even if it's what gets me killed. If you're going down, you may as well do everything to stop it.

I think I would live like the guy from "Big Fish"

Sheila or Lia?

Can't decide

In Kichikuou Rance, is there a reward after the Charge Horn in that bunny girl dungeon?

I sent Rance in (obviously) and he got to 9 so I'm assuming that it doesn't go much further than that

Gandhi beats him

Could Gandhi satisfy Maris?

Page 10

nice of you to post TADA

Would probably be about Miki and Kentarou

Is this tower thing with a path leading from Tearing Forest actually a dungeon/location? It looks a lot like one but I can't seem to click on it

Yeah, I believe you have to capture both Pi-R's girls before going there.

Advance the story more

They don't say it directly, bu imply it. Both Noce and Ithere's apostles when they first meet her.

That is about her being a loli

She gets compared to Topaz

Jill
Gilles
Gele
Geel
Jiru

who is wings?

>rance IX has no demon intervention
fucking horseshit

アナセル「それで、どうして、私なのよぉ~~~ッ!」
ランス「がははは! まさかまたアナセルちゃんに会うとは!
俺達は運命の赤い糸が固結びになってる仲のようだな!」
アナセル「そんなわけないでしょーッ!」

Fated Girl?

アナセル(こ、こいつ……よりによって……お、奥で……出した……出され、ちゃった……)
(これ……絶対……妊娠、しちゃった……ああ……や、やだ……やだぁ……)

After nakadashi

Only if she appears pregnant in X

Here's a question. Is KR the first good Rance game, or is the the first GREAT Rance game?

III was a "good" rance game
it showed that every aspect of the game was improving, and it also introduced way more complicated plot elements, such as the monster realm that caused speculation among its fanbase
IV was great in that it showed more characters and more development of earlier, consistent characters, and toushins are fucking amazing

KR is so fucking amazing that even the most introverted of people wanted their normalfag friends to play it

First great one

>tillday
>red string of fate

Whats the point of this character?

Lia.

I'm playing Rance 03. Anyone mind telling me what happened to Kanami and Jericho's skills once you passed their respective ALICEMANLADY Trials? All I know is that whatever effect Jericho gets from her last skill gets reset when you rest.

Kanami from memory has a random chance of making your party not get caught by surprise in random battles

Jericho had something to do with money I think.

Those skills are automatically there and don't impact the skill slots you have already selected

Ahhh. I get it, I get it. I was getting lots of money from just wandering around with Jericho. No wonder.

But yeah, it seems like the effect only takes place when they're in your "active party", right?

Did anyone ever bother to list down what everyone gets from the trials?

its on the Japanese wiki

To give a different type of heroines to all the others?

She's quite unique and its nice