/ps2g/ Planetside 2 General

There better not be a duplicate thread now edition
Also with 55% more tank girls

The big October patch that will save the game is now on PTS

reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/57818g/pts_patch_notes_10122016/

We are getting a new NS LMG - you will never have to burst fire again!
Charge removed from MAX units, Gatekeeper nerfs, SABR and Valkyrie buffs, new jetpacking proof carbines!

>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg (embed)
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD (embed)
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu (embed)
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut (embed)
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6 (embed)
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png (embed)

previously on DEAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=suPGIoVOqD4
youtube.com/watch?v=aQ65goFZ-64
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-10-24.243218/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

D

Dead

3rd for tear extractors

prise werl

this is an cute gif

>3v3
>some faggot pulls an a2g esf

This is the equivalent of at least 10 hate tells for htpm stats right?

it's girls und panzer
above-average moeshit with pretty good art, planetside-tier physics, and excellent music

did u decimeme him

>AC niggers playing on PS4 with KB/M to inflate their egos

You literally cannot make this shit up

>AC niggers playing on PS4 with KB/M to inflate their egos

truly these people are worse than Stalin

are there different 'scope in' times for 1x, 2x, 4x. ect scopes?

>be gud
>joined AC a while back for shits and giggles
>get a couple hackusations by AC and friends every day when playing on alts they don't know are me
they are all terrible. of all the supposedly good memerald outfits, there are maybe half a dozen legitimately good players, and only two of those aren't cunts.

Lol fucking luxe cheaters

How do they expected to save the game by these tweaks when the core issues are totally broken vehicles and unfun unbalanced gunplay?

SHU TUP
WERL WILL SAV EGAM
NOT TIHS PATCH THOUG, JUTS WAIT FOR THE NETX ONE ;^^^)))())))_)__)))))

this game would be sooooo much fucking better with out boltbabs

After four years of playing I got hit with my first weapons lock. I just snapped and decided to not stop firing if some shithead wants to walk in front of me while I'm shooting.

You're right, and they should buff TR while they're at it

>install PS2 to play again
>they haven't fixed the "models moving in low FPS" bug
Sick
Why did I expect anything else

I tried to reinstall this game and decided to play some tanks. Since aside from that one experiment I did with a friend I only ever play infantry.
Why the fuck are tanks so fun holy shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=suPGIoVOqD4

Never forget how much potential this game had.

>Why the fuck are tanks so fun holy shit?
TONKS R 4 FAGGOTS
1V1 BUSHIDO META 4EVER

RIP Phys-X
youtube.com/watch?v=aQ65goFZ-64

What about 1v1 Tonk Bushido?

but.. how do you chug medkits in a tank???

You secretly have a friendly engineer to run around you and repair you, breaking the 1v1 rule but its okay because they probably broke it too

I need an SMG loadout, can either of VS ES guns hang with the NS-7 I see all the cancer infiltrators running? The fire rate on the Sirius is pure saxual on the range.

Both are better than the pwd at CQC. The pwd has the low damage of the Sirius and the low rof the Eridani. All 3 have identical cof and vertical recoil. The pwd also has a smaller magazine and longer reload time.

The only benefits of the pwd are longer drop off and less horizontal recoil.

All that said, just trial them and see what you like.

How do you potato your game like this?

I haven't played Planetside in months, is it worth reinstalling yet? I already know the answer

Is CLAB still a thing? It was getting pretty dead when I last played months ago.

Tonk Bushido is much more fun.

When I used to do it all the time I ran with a Vanguard with full stealth, racer frame, AP + Enforcer with a dedicated gunner and maximum ammo/reload speed upgrades for both. Zooming around behind the lines and hunting people. During the PPApocalypse we'd go halfway across the map to TR/VS fights and murder-fuck all the PPA/HE wall clinging shitters. The last time we did it we went around and hunted down all the Gatekeeper-on-a-cliff shitters and ended their farm.

It really is good fun.

Pls buff boltshitters

Do you like to run foregrip or laser sight? With the Sirius' extreme RoF on the range, the grip handles nicely, but vs an innate 33% hipfire buff on an SMG seems tough to pass up.

That sounds like a lot of fun actually. Is stealth really useful though? I just keep side armor on for most of the time.

A good fraction of AC are actual cheaters, so I'm not even surprised that they suck.

we want the doom audience

Vehicle stealth works on an amazing amount of shitters. If you aren't on their map or shooting them, you don't exist. It's even better if they're already focusing on something else.

>Vehicle Direct Deploy
>Players may now summon and spawn directly into a vehicle from the redeploy screen, as if they had used the vehicle terminal in person. If the base is contested, or if the vehicle terminals are hacked or destroyed, this option will be disabled. Only the player’s first vehicle loadout will be used for this method of vehicle spawning.

Uh

Why?

Link to source

Because air niggers would occasionally die and then get fucked at their chav terminal and go cry on Reddit about it

Gonna make it real easy to tank mine tonkbabbies as they spawn, though.

Vehicle stealth is what you want if you are doing actual bushido; people will tell you about the mad dps on the Prowler, or the shield on the Vanguard, or what have you. But the reality is that in a 1v1 tonk fight, if you get the drop on the other guy and get an AP round into their rear armor plate, you are going to win 99% of the time unless you get jumped by someone else while doing it.

1v1 Tonk fighting is very similar to cold war submarine fights. If you see the other guy and he doesn't see you, odds are insanely in your favor and he's probably dead.

Side armor is what you want for line battles. You want it for sitting in the middle of a fight with a half a dozen support sunderers and a half a dozen friendly tonks side by side, bombarding an autism fort.

Stealth used to also be good for this before they nerfed most of the infantry farming guns on vehicles; back in the day more than one HE lightning or Fury Harassar suddenly had a Bad Time when they came around the corner to farm our Sunderer to find my fully crewed 2/2 AP Vanguard hull down in a ditch right next to it.

Until they give tanks a massive damage reduction shield for the first few seconds they're spawned. They're doing everything in their power to make this game as fucking shitty as possible for anyone who isn't in a vehicle

pls k ys

>supporting a shit company like daybreak

You should feel bad for having an active account for these jew cucks

pol pls go

lol

will this battleye shit stop the lagswitchers?

Hello

CLABs ded baby

Of course not. Battleye is just like any other code-based anti-cheat, it doesn't detect suspicious behaviours like instagibbing or teleporting, it only flags you as a hacker if patterns in your client match patterns of hacks already in it database.
And then again, just look at a1dz and arma which have used battleye for a good while now and are filled with cheaters.

tldr battleye will be better than daybreak's anticheat (which only detects attaching debuggers, and the rest is stat-based lmao), but still shit, and it won't do anything to those who exploit lag, or those that write their own hacks and don't give them away besides to close friends

tfw already auraxed tank mines

:/ well, at least boltbabbies won't be an issue anymore

What did he mean by this

Not needing to walk to a vehicle terminal to pull vehicles, means that most will not be checking terminals for tank mines.

It'll be slaughter. Gone are the days of the boltbabbie camping the terminal. So begin the days of the engineer camping the terminal with cloak sundy to resupply.

dog bless werl :-)

>battleye: won't do much good, but is better than nothing
>cont lock: absolutely fucking retarded
>vehicle direct deploy: absolutely fucking retarded
>construction stuff: nice, but still a meme
>new hats: whatever
>vehicle NV fixed: fucking finally
>valk: noice
>aphelion: shouldn't change much
>PPA: WERL WTF NO SRSLY KYS
>gatekeeper: should need to lead a bit now. ALSO HARASSER VERSION HAS LITERALLY NO RECOIL LMAO
>enforcer: nice
>mjolnir: nice
>viper: fucking retarded, this is basically putting a hard cap on its effective range, all in exchange for literally not having to pull your mouse down a little
>ranger: still shit, won't change anything
>motion spotter: about fucking time
>EMP: about fucking time, but still OP when considering price and effects
>weapon changes: varying degrees of retarded. Guns that were good are now better for no reason, Cyclone got nerfed because babbies cried enough, Phoenix is now even worse but at least blows up instead of disappearing, SABR is literally a GRB+++, bolt shits got buffed for no fucking reason. But hey, at least semi rifles now have 0 starting CoF and TRAP is probably useful.
>MAX stuff: honestly don't know, will have to see how it plays out.

tldr werl saved the game yet again

I was wrong bolt driver got buffed wrel lied wrel killed the game

>Be me
>Uninstalled for a few weeks now
>Lulu keeps asking me to reinstall
>Kinda miss playing together, tempted to come back
>Read the fucking patch notes
>Buffs to bolt mid/long range bolt babbies
>Can pull a vehicle from the map
>SABR 13 now officially the best burst rifle in game because werl gibsmedat
>ZOE worse than it was before
>No recoil on gatekeeper harasser because aiming is too hard for TR players
>Going to nerf AR and LMGS in the next patch anyway because werl mains light assault and infilshitter

Sorry Lulu, miss you though

>Sorry Lulu, miss you though
don't we all hehe :^^^)

Anthony pls come back ;_; pls

Btw did you get that job?

I'm applying to high profiles jobs such as senior consultant, HR director, etc.

So basically for each job I apply to, I have to go through at least 3 interviews (In the eventually that I make it through each part of the process).

It would be a lot easier if I could just leave the country, but girlfriend is kinda keeping me here.

Had 8 interviews for October and already 11 planned for November. Fuck France, fuck Europe, fuck the world, fuck me,fuck DBG.

Where in Baguette do you live?

Meant eventuality, fucking new phone.

Massilia, aka Marseille

good riddance crybaby

>cont lock: absolutely fucking retarded
Why is that bad?

t. shiTR that thinks the Carv is hard to use.

I can give you a job ad my personal beacon slave if you come back :3

I knew it, you only see me as a big, thick, juicy beacon. You filthy whore.

If Swagga came back and Joe played a bit more we could do more stuff though.

Well, you know how VS locks 41% of the time, TR 33%, and NC 24%? (disregarding PS4 servers for obvious reasons)
Now all factions get more benefits, VS gets way more. Which means, all factions will spam more vehicles (half price air and ground, and half price infantry consumables too), but VS will spam way more.
Hooray, praise werl.

>I knew it, you only see me as a big, thick, juicy beacon.

:3

>If Swagga came back
haha
no

>Going to nerf AR and LMGS in the next patch anyway because werl mains light assault and infilshitter.

Do you even watch any of his streams? he pretty much mains engineer.

AR/LMG needed nurfing, they were pretty much objectively better than Carbines outside of extreme close range, not to mention the fact that the "close range" ones were so flexible they pretty much covered every range which matters.

Stop being such a salty babby.

>they were pretty much objectively better than Carbines outside of extreme close range
no shit, they're supposed to be

>Having a gun which is powerful at every range is balanced

Maybe because medcs don't have an IWIN shield or ability to camp from the roof you ugly cocksucking shitter

t. sub 1 ivi kdr, guaranteed.

>sub 1200 ivi score/5.0 ivi kdrs talking about gun balance

lol

>medics don't have a IWIN shield
Medics are a support class, like engineers. The fact that they're also pretty much the second best assault class atm is just a travesty.

>roof camping
Situational, any sniper who's not a massive retard will just shoot you down when you peek..

Also those projections.

Just stop you fucking shitter. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Typical Veeky Forums

>you don't know balance like we do xD

And this is why no one impotant comes here for feedback anymore, and these threads just die. Enjoy your circlejerk.

>Typical Veeky Forums

That's right you little shit, go back to your overwatch general

pretty much.

fuck off back to the minecraft general or whatever shithole you came from

sneggy sneggy :DD

>Is CLAB still a thing?
Only Lalunia and I (burgerjoe) still play regularly.

And Lalunia spends all his time spawnroom camping and cybering with Cody.

>can either zig left or zag right
>boltbabs have a 50% of guessing correctly every shot

Now factor in that there are ALWAYS at least two boltshits (if not 20) shooting in your direction at any given fight and your chances of survival diminish.

>Medics are a support class, like engineers.
That's wrong. Medics are a combat class first, a support class second.

If you're desperate to play a heal bitch stick with engineer and suck some MAX player's cock, you little faggot.

VS only dominates during prime time. This change will put the VS at a disadvantage during those prime time alerts.

>If you're desperate to play a heal bitch stick with engineer and suck some MAX player's cock, you little faggot.

y-you shouldn't bully people

kys

The Naginata has now been available for an hour do the question is... is it any good?

for me it's shit, you have to stand still for it to be accurate and thats a big no for me

looks and sounds cool tho

For a subpar player like me its nice. I am unable to move and aim at the same time due to being useless. Its by far the best weapon ingame for shooting straight up in the sky though.

IT sounds awesome and the snailmag = forever.

do I have to install this battle eye manually? I didnt get any notification