When's the last time you cleaned your seatbelt Veeky Forums?

When's the last time you cleaned your seatbelt Veeky Forums?
>inb4 hurr durr stop sweating so much

I forgot I had those.

Seatbelts?

Aint done it yet, plan on tightening it first. If thats not the problem then I'll clean it

I'm doing the inverse, seems a lot easier to clean than take apart all the trim.

I need to do this. My seatbelts wont retract anymore because the stupid slit in the b pillar is big enough for a clean belt but a dirty belt will get stuck lmao

It just doesn't feel like it being dirty is the problem, as its weak when pulled all the way out to where it has never been used. Perhaps I'll try washing first, you never know

Wouldn't this degrade this seatbelt slightly?

>easier to clean than take apart all the trim.
Yep. No need to take apart the trim. The major part of the belt can be dipped and agitated in a container. The rest of the belt cleaned by wetting it a bit with soapy solution and sucking it out with a wet/dry shop vac. Rinsing out of soapy residue is easy too. Just wet the belt and suck it dry. Repeat several times to get all the soap out.

>Wouldn't this degrade this seatbelt slightly?

No, because you are going to rinse it several times. Just wet it, let the wet/dry shopvac suck out the moisture. Repeat several times and the soap is pulled out.

Lets see what happens

I'm not that autistic. Or fat.

Seat belts are a Jewish bluepill softprobe psyop to test how much you're willing to bend to authoritarian decrees. Fuck wearing kikebelts

Does no one here wear a shirt when driving?

Just how greasy are you fucks?

It's called having a car 15+ years old

holy fuck lad do you like cars at all?
how do you expect to feel connected to the machine and fully immersed in the driving experience when there's a layer of fabric between you and the main physical contact area of the car?

Enjoy your ejecto seato cuz in the event of an accident

My used car was probably owned by an obese greasyneck

>he doesn't use leftover frying oil to lube his front side to prevent chafing from the steering wheel

>Does no one here wear a shirt when driving?
I also wash my hands before driving. I don't like dirty or grimy cars which turn into bacteria and fungus growth containers when you add moist air and heat plus any coughs. Same thing with my home. The furniture fabrics are clean as are any headrests.

You know people's own beds are filthy if you simply look at their bare feet in the house. If they are dirty, then the house is dirty. The darkness comes from various bacteria and dark molds such as aspergillus niger..

No, sweat glands

Why didn't you remove the seatbelt? Its not that hard. Now you're going to have a large patch of it thats clean

>implying I even use them

You must have me confused for someone who values his life.

Its pulled far enough that all the parts that will ever have been in contact with sticky stuff is clean

I also did some more thorough testing, and on both sides there was a clear point where the belt went from going perfectly fine to really slow and weak, and I've cleaned the entire part + more that was slow

Its currently sitting with an industrial heater/room dryer overnight, we'll see how it is in the morning.

And how easy is it to remove that belt? There is a pretty damned large plastic plate that has to be removed to get access to the tensioner itself

>clean the seatbelts

Well, I can confirm that it works. Drivers side is now operating very smoothly and pulls correctly. Passenger side didn't work quite as well. I'll probably clean it again to see if I can get it as good as drivers side

If it's a Mercedes, it's allot easier to pull the pillar trim off than you think.

Nylon is a fragile fabric.

The Merc would've been a cakewalk, but as I now have a HiLux its a bit more complicated. This entire piece has to go

My old car was 15 years old. Everything was still spotless and never had to clean the seatbelts.

Previous owner cleaned it for you.

>Nylon is a fragile fabric.

Not if he doesn't abrade it with a rough scrubbing brush. He's just massaging the belt in the cleaning solution and then rinsing it out.

>Everything was still spotless and never had to clean the seatbelts.
Same here. Over 20 years old and still spotless. Even the exterior paint is shining like new (since I always washed and waxed it. I also didn't thin the clearcoat down with polishes so that preserved the UV protection for the paint to keep it from peeling or fading as much.

I know from both my grandparent's time and my parent's time that taking care of the car will keep it looking new. I've seen the proof from their cars and grew up liking things to be clean instead of dirty and grimy. No shoes in the house too.