/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Wires And Computers Edition

Last thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/591tlq/lets_talk_about_mipmapping/
mediafire.com/file/s50ghzoq4bbs403/3x
pastebin.com/kdXG8wJ3
pastebin.com/Nm3wFhNy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for hobo

Second for maids

Third for botes

>==[News]==

I seriously want you people to leave.
Even if it means this general dying.

I'm only here when my general sense tingles and tells me its time to make a maid thread. You got lucky this time.

Right?

Haven't played in a short while - which one of the server packs/other packs is worth playing? Otherwise I'm just going to do infinity expert again.

>infinity babbymode
>again

Instead of playing a rerun, why not try Infitech 2, or GT New Horizons instead?

>37 more days

Until what?

>mezz, one of the circlejerk cunts, made a PR to force mipmapping and that's been part of why minecraft 1.10 is unplayable
>lex is too incompetent to know anything about rendering to have any input about it

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/591tlq/lets_talk_about_mipmapping/

Can we delete the entire circlejerk from the internet already so that they stop fucking our game up?

>gregtech

It's a secret.

Was adding Enviromine in my 1.7.10 survival modpack a good idea? So far, I'm doing fine with it, but it doesn't take too long before it reminds me that mining near lava level for the usual branch mining is a terrible idea.

>force mipmapping
WHY? Minecraft's mipmapping is complete garbage?

Don't know why that second question mark is there. Actually, looking at the pull request, it's not that he's hard forcing it for everyone, it's that he's fixing cases where modded textures end up breaking because they're not scaleable by the power of 2. Also, looks like he fixed the mipmap slider, that's neat.

Also, I find it baffling that the modder didn't add everything that's needed to combat the five factors in the mod. There's no wool clothing that keeps the player warm on cold biomes, there's no special armor that cools the body on hot biomes by consuming water or ice, and there's no mod support at all. Each modded item and block had to be configured.

Enviromine has a huge config file. It's like Hunger Overhaul - you're supposed to tweak it to your liking. You can make the heat or poor air quality less punishing so you can mine in the depths longer, or just disable it entirely.

> you're supposed to tweak it to your liking
I won't be surprised if people who make modpacks for themselves usually forgo Enviromine for that reason. It's just too much time spent on configs as opposed to collecting mods, checking configs and jumping right into the game.

It would be nice if there's a way to just automatically cause certain items to give one or many of Enviromine's effects, just like how Thaumcraft handles Essentia value assignment.

he literally broke it because he's a moron

Anyone here having problems connecting to a LAN server with another person? 1.7.2

I'm using the Evolve client.

How did he break it?

quick show me a small road/passage you've made that doesn't look like ass so i can copy it

How many of you tried the Windows 10 edition?

is there a mod or combination of mods in 1.7.10 that can fling you a sizable distance?

drinking TE's molten ender fluid with an MFR straw teleports you very far away

I mean, it requires win10, and there isn't much way round that, IIRC someone said if you do anything fuckey with any of the windows "apps" it does a thing

is it bad that i really enjoy ender IO

Nope. EIO's a good mod. The only real criticism I've heard about it is the lack of depth - you can explore the entire mod in an afternoon, with time to spare. But then, you could say the same about BuildCraft. And both mods give you stuff you'll be using throughout the game, so it's no big deal.

>made a PR to force mipmapping
No. He made a PR to make mipmapping work correctly if some modder makes a non-multiple-of-16 texture a part of his mod.

Next, he made a PR to make the mipmap level slider less laggy, so that you can properly disable it without waiting two minutes.

>ASIEWIRES
When will this meme die? They're buggier than 1.7.2 rendering.

When mods collide

So I'm at gryphonspawn, and I want to set something up over at wew. I had the brilliant idea of trains. How much trains do I need to trains to get that far? I've never trains before.
Given how fucking far away that is I'm starting to think it might not be a good idea.

ded

What kind of thing?

I don't remember.
Something about if it doesn't have a valid certificate or if it detects if any files have been modified, it tells microsoft, resets it, or something worse.
Really can't remember.

>man I really hate these distant textures...
>what if, instead of fixing the broken anisotropic filtering, which increases the distant texture sharpness/quality more than mipmap does with 0 PERFORMANCE IMPACT, I did a PR to force mipmap which is extremely taxing on performance and memory?
>I'm genius.

Getting some pipes in to power my new Steam ovens.

Oh shit I nearly bought that by accident. Had heaps of trouble getting into my account and when I finally did, it said I didn't own Minecraft despite buying it years ago and doing the migration thing and all that. I thought that the Win10 version was just the latest version.

>force mipmap
Why do people not understand the difference between "force" and "fix it not working at all with non-power-of-16/4/8/2, depending on mipmap level, textures present in a mod"? Nothing has been forced, at all.

it's forced because it makes "wrong" textures render improperly

The alternative is mipmaps not functioning at all. I'd say it's a step in the right direction if, instead of breaking everything for those who use mipmaps, it only breaks a few things for those who use mipmaps.

You can always set the mipmap level to 0.

I've never done tracks before, is there a way to make this look nicer? I just want my train to loop around

If you own Java Minecraft, you might have access to a promo code to get a free copy of the Win10 edition via the Mojang website (I got mine last year, but I don't know if they're still doing it).

I'm no expert on UWP apps, but iirc, it mainly has to do with the sandboxing of app.
The runtime of an UWP app is completely locked down, even admin accounts don't have access to the app install folder by default.
So my guess is that it does some type of integrity check and reports back when it's compromised with a message like 'problem with the app files, please reinstall the app from the windows 10 store'

I legitimately want to smack the fuck out of the forge devs for fucking up 1.10.

But I'm 5'8" and 300lbs so they'd dodge my hand and knock me out in one punch.

For one, Lex is a fatty, and his address is out there, due to his vanity - filing documents to make forge llc - so you could send him some pizzas.
Or boxes.
Or holy books.

Redpill someone on Refined Storage who is only familiar with AE2.

Time to send him some bibles

>tfw actually enjoying icey jew on hoboserb
>specifically the autistic complex bits and crafting chains
Fug
I think I've been greg'd.

>play ic2 classic
>actually miss the plates and microcrafting

>played around with ic2 classic last serb
>reasonably easy to get the hang of
>exp looks like a gregified clusterfuck
no

>saw that compact solar panel mod that had decent recipes on Curseforge again
>suddenly felt like playing with Icy Too again so I can automate everything on it with Logistics Pipes
save me

>even the plebbitors are sick of lex's shit
>henryloenwind calling him out for being an asshat

Sometimes I feel sorry for asie.
Do they offer therapy for Stockholm syndrome?

The hecke, does this going around turning biomes into taiga or something?

>But I'm 5'8" and 300lbs
Are you Lex?

Cool

how is that?

ikr

We all need therapy for Stockholm syndrome, user. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here.

>even admin accounts don't have access to the app install folder by default.
cancer.

there's a lot of shit I'll put up with out of MS, but actively hijacking control of my computer is out.

if it's on my computer I should be in control of it. if it's not under my control, it's a virus and should be purged. fuck win10.

>my favorite biomes are the completely snowy ones
>but apparently snow causes me almost as much FPS loss as being in an area full of trees
For fuck's sake, I knew I had a toaster but not to this extent. I know that deserts give me good FPS but they're ugly and hot and have too many birds.

>tfw you can never find snowy biomes
>only endless fucking savannas

Just keep making new worlds until you find the biome you want. I haven't found any better or easier way than that, fuck the 1.7 biome changes.

iirc, get access is basically ticking a simple box in the properties window of the folder and I can see why MS did it, pretty much everyone gives their own account admin status, so by restricting it to admin only and excluding normal users, alot of normies would still have access to the folder by default, severely compromising the security that UWP is supposed to offer

"normies" need to be educated about computers, rather than this bullshit that keeps going on with allowing it to be socially acceptable to be clueless about computers in an era when people need to use them to do their jobs and are usually carrying decently powerful computers in their back fucking pockets.

this whole "help the retards stay retards instead of helping them stop being retards" thing needs to go and stay gone.

memecraft

69th for dahserb not being alive nor dead

spodeserb

Is it possible for a tech mod to exist without microcrafting, yet still have complexity of design?

Mipmapping my fucking 3x textures point blank, is this a fucking joke?

multiblock structures?

new world, new version. Still a fucking big time for the nei-like library.

Confy forest island world?

yes. you could knock out that pillar beside the track, which you should do anyway to avoid weird hitbox shit with trains.

or, you use a switch to accomplish the same idea, but you need a bit more space and will have to knock out some wall.

its the same shit without the memeors and channels. you still have inscribers though.

3x textures for 1.10 mayyybe incoming, I'll put up a thread on >MCF.

Oh okay thanks. I can probably make the loop bit look a little nicer too after getting rid of the pillar.

that actually looks kind of neat

mediafire.com/file/s50ghzoq4bbs403/3x Texture Pack.7z

Because of my love/hate relationship with vanilla it's not entirely done.

Minecraft is such a dead fucking game now. rip.

Is there a server that has that kind of mapgen?

I want everybody to have their own continent/island with a single biome.

dahserb kinda has that

I can give you the config for geographicraft

Hoboserb and dahserb seem to have the same IP but different ports - is this intentional?

Sure. No idea how to use it though.

Is there any piratable versions that allow me to play with my girlfriend in LAN or something in the same world?

I don't wanna shell out 50 bucks for 2 copies, I feel bad enough for not paying 10 in alpha.

hobo told dah he'd host the serb if dah wanted to

>TFW only marginal ship mods to allow sailing to other islands like that

I just want to ply the seas as my norse ancestors did.

>archimedes ships lets you build your own ships from scratch
>but it sucks kind of

How do we stop retarded faggots from sending shitty PRs to Forge that make the game unplayable?

really you can't install a fucking mod?

however. pastebin.com/kdXG8wJ3

i'm bored so i'm gonna dump some screenshot.
Pretty happy with this modpack, no big mod right now, but with simply retrogen i'm really diggin some "in a time before time, user began wandering the world".

1.10 plays fine if you only have to run one instance, but if you're hosting a server for a friend it's unbearable.

Should have gotten an i7 FUCK

But i've never had 10 fps on extreme distance while on a server running on the same laptop, with a (lite) shader and all fancy graphics.

I love my 1.7.10 modpack, but I have to admit that running like this with 35 mods and a 940m is pretty awesome.

I averaged a laggy 60-120fps when playing and hosting at the same time.

Why does it suck?
If you make sure to face the same way when parking and not use itemducts it works just fine, doesnt it?

it's just the world gen for me

>walking around, world stops loading
>relog
>an entire biome is now generated and mapped
>I had barely gotten into spitting distance of the edge and now several dozen chunks I couldn't even have seen exist, but nothing around the biome is generated/mapped yet

well that's probably not supposed to happen. I think Enhanced Biomes went nuts. tiiiiiiime to looks for updates to this branch.

pastebin.com/Nm3wFhNy
most of those probably don't work, but it's worth a shot to try

HELP

SHOULD I PLAY MAGIC
OR TECH
I CANT CHOOSE BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLES AND AESTHETICS

Tech. Magic is far less popular for a reason.