Is the 962 still competitive in any race series?

is the 962 still competitive in any race series?

Other urls found in this thread:

peterauto.peter.fr/files/evtedpla/500/2016-lmc-groupc-entry-form.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spec Miata

no

Not for 22 years. Unless you count the WCS-95 and LMP1-98 as a 962s, which they arguably are. In that case it's only 18 years since competitiveness.

>30 years later nobody can beat the 6'11" time set by the 956

it won the group C class at the le mans classic this year

what would it take to get a replica 962 registered in le mans classic?

>rcr 962 for 50k
>race in le mans
>tfw
i want to believe

>buy car
>fill out this form
peterauto.peter.fr/files/evtedpla/500/2016-lmc-groupc-entry-form.pdf

easy

>Fireproof gloves and underwear
>underwear

what happened before this was a thing?

your dick burnt off

wouldn't they full fire suits?

DELETE THIS

why?

>Unless you count the WCS-95 and LMP1-98 as a 962s, which they arguably are.

No, they are not They are completely different chassis. The WSC-95 is a modified TWR Jaguar XJR-14 which was built for the 1992 FIA specs. The WSC-95 actually had very little factory involvement from Porsche and was very much a Joest project. Only the Type-935 powertrain was a direct transfer from the 956/962 program. The LMP1/98 was even further removed being an evolution of the WSC-95 itself.

Vintage racing in the Group C/IMSA GTP/GTO/GTU class.

You're thinking of the Kremer Racing K8s. Those cars were built off of Kremer-modified 962 tubs made out of Carbon Fibre/Kevlar.

The WSC-95s & LMP1-98s were built off of Jaguar XJR-14/Mazda MXR-01 tubs and became a Joest Racing project after Porsche pulled factory backing and built the 911 GT1.

Because of the IMSA sticker? Or the fact that's the famous Al Holbert Racing 982 NOT wearing Lowenbrau stickers?

How much does it cost to do group c vintage racing?

several million

if you have to ask

nigga the 956 is still the fastest car around the ring

honestly, these things are still a lot faster than many other acing classes out there today

See >peterauto.peter.fr/files/evtedpla/500/2016-lmc-groupc-entry-form.pdf
Plus the costs of buying, maintaining and transporting the car.

Aren't modern GTEs faster around le mans than the car in the OP?
>inb4 no ecoboost®

i dunno man. the 962 might be a bit heavier than the 956, but they still have about 600hp each, and are both easily under a ton, i think the 956 is like 850kg. plus, pretty much the entire car acts as a wing, so it gets mad downforce.

but then agian, i dont actually have any proof of anything, so i'm just guessing here