Dealership General

Last one was pretty good, let's have another.
>Dealership Technicians report in
>all dealership personnel welcome
>share your stories
>questions from non dealership personnel welcome

>me
>infiniti

Right now we have visiting 2 engineers from Mercedes Germany, 1 from Nissan Japan, one from Nissan North America.
>looking at an issue on a new car
>infiniti car, Mercedes engine
>literally 4 engineers standing in the middle of the shop blaming the other company that it's a fault with their equipment

Fucking keks for days.

What is the issue that required engineers to look at it?

>Subaru reporting in again
The world is flat guys.

Fuck it must suck to work at a dealership.

VK56?

2.2d?

Fuck it must suck to not work at one

I work at a pre-owned motorcycle dealership in the service department. Do I qualify for this thread?

>customer brings in hayabusa with 60k miles for valve adjustment
>says valves have never been inspected and adjusted before
>oh boy this gonna be good.jpg
>check valve clearance
>all within spec
>Mfw Japanese engineering

Actually its GOAT to work flat rate at an independent.

Nope, it's fucking awesome not to tbqh.

I got a 95 Toyota t100. I have no clue if the last owner changed the timing belt. Should I take it to a dealership or will they cost to much and try to get me to trade it in like they do at honda.

Also what is the best way to get the work done the cheapest? Get quotes? Buy the parts myself and bring them to a mechanic?

Also should I stick with Toyota made parts not aftermarket brands?

A new Q50 with the 2.0 turbo: has mercedes engine, computer, and wiring. There's been several incidents of the car saying there a loose gas cap but there isn't. Narrowed it down to a software issue.

Welcome back. Flat and I love it.

Yes sir

That's crazy. I don't work on motorcycles, but I do know that a valve adjustment is needed every 15k on sport bikes.

Gotta be careful with independent shops. Some are good, some suck. A reputable dealership is typically your best bet, and often times the cost difference between dealer and independent is negligible. Price out from both, and then decide based on cost if it's worth going to an aftermarket shop.

It's actually pretty great desu. Im a spoiled fucking brat, because my auto group is top notch and pampers their employees.

Ford service advisor here. I hate my job and I hate everyone

Thought so. I have heard about timing chain tensioner faults with the VK56.

Real pain to get them out?

It was.

>someone brings there shitty rotted out fox body in for inspection

Never understood how stupid people can be. Of course it failed miserably, but lets waste my time while I go through it anyways.

Whoever came up with the concept of flat rate should be shot.

I don't miss this shithole career one bit.

That's all I hear from Ford

It's actually a fault with the chain. Tensioners don't get replaced, and it's a recall now. I've done roughly 70 chain jobs, so it's fucking gravy for me now. I could walk somebody through on the phone how to do one. It's not hard, just time consuming. There's a lot of shit to take off.

I made a timelapse video of me doing a chain job.

We hate you to.

t. Former owner of two ford vehicles

>it's awesome not too
>I still cucked myself into paying for repairs

How's that IT job working out white collar cuck?
Don't worry, leave all the hard work to us, would be a shame to get dirt under your nails.

Recall now? Shit hey.

I worked at another Ford dealer for 5 years and loved it. this one is just a miserable shithole with the worst management I've ever seen. If they took the effort they put into finding reasons to dock our pay and instead put it into customer satisfaction we'd be the most well-liked dealer in the Denver area.

Good. Go bother someone else you worthless shit

Was a Toyota tech many moons ago. Good times.

>customer states that she ran over something big on the highway. Wants vehicle inspection.
>car comes back, this lady didnt have any money. car was old, had almost 300,000 miles on it, but still seemed like she took pride in it because the interior was flawless!
>check underbody. Very mild damage to plastic bits here and there, nothing major.
>service advisor comes back and checks it out. He's a douche who gets paid on commission and wants a new big screen in his house.
>wants to charge this lady $800+ to replace underbody plastic panels, foglight housing, and oil pan (literally both had tiny scrapes on then).
>tell him to fuck off, and I'll fix everything by readjusting panels, a few zip ties, sharpie marker to the housing to cover white scuff, and maybe a few clips. Told him I'd want a half hour.
>service advisor flips shit because he's really hungry for that big screen. Calls the lady back and shows her the car on the stand, making a huge deal over everything.
>Lady looks 100 years old. Broke my heart to see her so worried. I stopped him right after he gave her a ballpark estimate of $1000 because she looked like she was about to cry.
>"ma'am. Can I speak with you for a moment?"
>service advisor looked like the veins on his forehead was about to pop.
>pulled her to the side, told her that he was blowing smoke and that I'd talk to let the manager for her.
>he and I had a coming to Jesus talk, spoke with my manager, and we pulled the little old lady into the office.
>Dude was a class act. "ma'am, I'd like to apologize for the way you've been treated. My expert technician here tells me your car has no substantial damage, and we'll be fixing it for free." My heart felt so warm when she shed tears because how happy she was.
>fixed car, sent it to wash and asked our guys to give it a good detail.
>car rolls out looking brand new. Little old lady gives me and my service manager a hug.
>next day, service advisor was fired.

That's awesome. Serves that douche right. I always fix little stuff like that for free. Sucks that there are so many scammers like that in the business.

Hey subaru guy, would you recommend me head to a dealership or independent shop for my issue?

03 forester
I hear a metallic ticking when engine is warmed, not as loud when cold, gets drowned out or goes away when I go up to 2k rpm. Previous owner told me lifter issue. Also, slight gas leak from near engine (a couple drips after parking).

Thanks man.