How did you like the driving in GTA4, Veeky Forums?

How did you like the driving in GTA4, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iw53_8D29Mk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked it a lot better over gta5. Seemed more realistic.

Very much. Suspensions were a bit soft on virtually all vehicles because they wanted to show off their fancy new engine, but the detailed simulation makes it infinitely more fun than the dull on-rails shit that's in GTA V where every car feels sorta the same.

Its weird how every car had a crippled transmission

Better than GTA5, but everything felt so tipsy. Take a corner at any speed and the car leaned violently to one side.

Is there a GTA V mod that makes the handling more similar to GTA IV?

GTA IV felt okay, not the best it was alright.
GTA V took a while to get used to, the driving felt kinda cartoon-y.

its nice for a boat sim
shit for driving

Significantly better than 5's. The super arcady handling of 5 in the wanna be semi realistic game doesn't go together at all.You can drive any car up any hill without any trouble, and besides for top speed, all cars feel the same It feels like a knee jerk reaction to all the scrubs you complained about how you actually had to slow down to take a corner in 4.

What was your favorite car(s)?
>pinnacle
>hakumai
>merit

B
O
A
T
S

I hope next GTA is middle ground between GTA IV and V

I liked to collect RARE vehicles that only spawned in that color combination once in the entire game or had a special combination of accessories (Bobcat and Moonbeam had lots of those) or were rare gang cars like the McReary Contenders most players are probably still unaware of.

In terms of regular cars I liked the FBI Buffalo and Faction most, and I also hooned old landbarges like the Emperor and Manana and even delivery trucks around a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=iw53_8D29Mk

Pretty good, more realistic than all the other gtas

for some reason it wasnt as much fun as San Andreas

Only car that was actually fun to drive.

thats not the Blista Compact

You spelt cavalcade wrong

Haha, nigger.

Shoo, turk.

I loved it. Rarely met anyone who could match me in car to car combat and I used kb+m

IV felt like you were driving some old Cadillac landyatch and V feels like you're racing in a go kart

Driving with only keyboard controls kind of sucks, and I couldn't be bothered to set up a controller most of the time

It was way more realistic than Gta 5, but very difficult to get used to

I like it a lot. Cruising was a lot more comfy. GTAV is designed for the type of player that drives the current fastest super car at full speed at all times, but it's never upgraded because they can't win any races.

>blista compact
this nigger knows his shit

It's was fun. Lots of body roll to play with. Off roading was also really fun, liking rock crawling on the beech.

>realistic
Yea if your suspension is shot

>Sultan RS

It actually took a little bit of skill to play which is why everyone hated it.

>racing everyone using sultan RS
>some cunt punts me off the track after using me as a brake
>its OK its GTA
>respawn in a regular sultan
>this is impossible now
>start quarter a lap behind all the other sultan RS about 8 players down from 12
>6 laps in I am fighting for first and people start rage quitting
>1337 skills gets me passed first because I can actually take corners and not lock up the brakes
>he tries following and rage quits after he keeps crashing

The cavaclade was awesome.

It actually had good weight to it which made it good for ramming and you could float it through the corners with them wheels spinning looking pretty baller.

The gtav cavaclade is a great disappointment. The galavante baller is the new cavaclade

It was pretty good, other than no simulation of a limited slip diff and some cars were a touch too roly poly.

I even enjoyed how if you used half throttle it would change up gears earlier instead of only at redline like V.

IV's motorcycle physics > V's motorcycle phyics erry day, so much better.

tl;dr IV > V

>Willard
>Hakumai
>Sanchez/NRG900

I remember loving it at the time but the driving is so slow compared to GTAV.
Nostalgian hard atm. If GTAV had GTAIV cops n crooks, it would be the perfect game.

>mfw driving away in a bullet while getting chased by a buzzard and not getting killed almost every single time

nice fuck gtav and all the pit fuckers and kids

Fuck, I wish GTA V was better. I tried to play that game twice and just can't get into it for more than a few days at a time. IV was so much better in every way.

NYC > LA any day
driving around a city designed for pedestrians is much more fun than a city designed for cars
(well at least in a game)

you couldnt slide cars properly and due to the nature of the game there was too much traffic everywhere, but it did feel good anyway

it seemed like they had AN ENORMOUS boner for excessive body roll.

cars, even sporty ones always looked like they're about to tip

I liked GTAV but it didn't make as much of an impact as IV did it seems
>tfw GTAV is three years old in one day

The rat rod in GTA5 handled like shit, by far the worst car in the game.

I know, I play GTA V for a few days and get burnt out instantly.

Yet I can still play SA and have fun.

>Just finished a 1hr GTAIV binge thanks to this thread
First time playing in years
Confirm for shit game rife with understeer and spongy brakes 2/10 would not race again

Loved me some open diff action in the Blista Compact

word up

Loved how floaty the suspension was, love seeing it bounce from the different terrains

The one sports car with the engine in the back solely because you didn't have to switch cars due to fucking up the front

I really miss playing 4's multiplayer. Especially the races

Only GTA game where I genuinely enjoyed driving.
I think I used cabs less than 5 times during my playthrough.

>playing GTA V
>be offroad
>it's raining
>driving RWD-only hypercar
>put my foot down
>car launches like it's on drag slicks on a hot dry road

If the higher end cars had appropriate suspension settings, ya know, like a higher end car SHOULD then IV would have been perfect. But alas, every car handled like a 60s/70s AmericanLuxobarge. Not saying that is bad for those cars they had in the game, but on a super car? C'mon R*

People who complain about keyboard controls in GTA are whiny fucking cunts.

>boohoo I can't finish the driving school it's too hard
>boohoo I can't finish the flying school it's too hard
>boohoo fucking RC missions

>2006
>not flying upside down through tunnels in a Hydra in San Andreas using your keyboard

The supercars did have the sort of suspension settings you'd expect from a supercar.

so true. loved the calvacade in IV for the same reason, and use the baller a lot in V ass well.

What's really annoying about V is hitting a another car almost brings you to a full stop, even if yours is much heavier

>It actually had good weight to it which made it good for ramming
The Patriot was the best car for ramming motherfuckers in GTA4. I'd steal one then go on a huge rampage (hue). Shit was so fun. I used to do the same shit in GTA3 on Staunton Island. The military surplus place had a military cargo/troop truck spawn and it would fucking launch the shitty SUVs and Blistas for hundreds of feet. I'd try to bounce them into the ocean. Shit was cash.

so who is tryna play some gta 4 on pc??? Id set up a server

Liked the hakumai cuz rare and dem popups
Favourite cars
>F620
>Feltzer
>Blista
>Turismo
And of course the futo, was nice beating people on better cars using all these

Fuckin hate how even Tho you have a car fitted for off roading it still gets a speed penalty, makes them pointless, so are off road tires

Yes. A ton of them

everything drove like a wonky landbarge

was fucking noice.

That and the Futo were my go to getaway vehicles

>playing ballad of gay tony
>multiplayer race with supercars
>mfw using the boost

Actually made me install gta4 again. Well played OP

I really wish I could play it on pc. It's one of my favorite games from last gen and I still play it time to time on my 360.

Not a lot. Too rolly, to prone to skidding, and not enough room to do it.
GTA5 was superior. More stable, more fun.

5 is shit and so are you.

GTA IV acted like they didn't have shocks and only springs
GTA V cars are like they welded the wishbone to the chassis

I'll probably install it again