Which has the stiffer better platform o?

Which has the stiffer better platform o?

I prefer the wheelbase/dimensions of the S2000, but I've never driven it's competitor the RX8 at the time.

Thinking about buying a dirt cheap blown RX8 and swapping the engine rather than shelling twice as much for the S.
Are than any other rwd cars with similar power/dimensions/stiffness? Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5782904065.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Neither. Get a mustang gt.

Bad idea
The s2k will retain value and the rx8 swap will be a money pit. Safe yourself the headache and just get the car you want.

I don't want a car that weighs over 2900 lbs or has a wheelbase over 100 inches, sorry

But it has much more headroom for modifying.

i'd probably just get an s2k because muh honda reliability

But its a fucking mustang
Lmfao

Holy shit, a non-shitpost from you?

I know Honda has the x-bone frame which makes the S as stiff as a closed top, but I have to wonder if the RX-8 is better with a fixed roof and more stability (from what I've seen)

Not to mention it's half the price or less with multiple blown engines

I never shitpost
only facts and quality weed

Why would you give him a (you)? Also I think if he thinks mods are watching he will act reasonable.

Get an NC Miata. It's basically an S2000 with more power below 7000 RPM and less weight everywhere.

S2000 has the better driving dynamics imo, but the Rx8 is overall a better car if you can get over the rotary meme.
Mine makes good power with just a port, tune, and exhaust and it's fairly inexpensive to do anything to it. Got it for a thousand bucks, so really you have nothing to lose.

Really it's also just an RX-8. Actually it might just be what OP is looking for.

>15826768
If I came into every thread ever screaming "TIRES ARE MADE OF RUBBER" over and over and over and over and over again I would be shitposting. Fact or not all of your benchrace spam shit ia fucking annoying and old as hell and nobody but you and the other two autists care about which car is 0.03 seconds faster driven by a pro driver around a track we'll never go to.

>rx8
>gud chassis
>ugly door setup but thats personal preference
>paperweight engine
>j-just premix every fuel tank

>s2k
>oil burning tendency while utilizing vtec
>less than ideal chassis rigidity being a convertible, but god tier amongst convertibles
>know a man on his third s2k engine and another one his second.

Tldr theyre both good tossable japanese sports, with fickle engines.

>falling for the miata meme
it's like u want to be called gay lmao

stalest of bait

he contributed a thread for once... Shhh. I think we are making progress.

It's a shorter, lighter RX-8 with a drop top and more room in the engine bay.

I was thinking about putting a different engine in the rx8. It seems the only reliability issue with it is the engine.
This is my third choice. It's really hard in my mind to justify that power to weight ratio though, not to mention having to stiffen the chassis everywhere.

>he thinks he's good enough to notice the difference in stiffness

>this butthurt

Sorry if facts hurt your butt, but facts isn't shitposting.

Which one do you feel is more stable/rigid (especially at the limit)?

if you swap the renesis into a NC you have tons of room

I think the 8 is more predictable and easier to drive at it's limit, it's inspiring to drive as fast as you can. It's quite forgiving also.
As for stability and rigidity I can't make that call

The NC is actually stiffer in torsion than the S2000. Xes are not a very good shape for torsional rigidity.

>The NC is actually stiffer in torsion than the S2000

Bullshit
Where exactly is this stiffening taking place that makes it better than an S?

In the unibody design.

>S2000 AP1: 7,100 Nm/deg
>Miata NA/NB: 6,000 Nm/deg (NB has a bunch of bolt-on braces; unibody stiffness is functionally identical)
>Miata NC: 8,800 Nm/deg
>RX-7 FD: 15,000 Nm/deg
>RX-8 SE3: 30,000 Nm/deg

NC owner here, can't really say I've driven an S2000 before but a NC with sway bars is pretty solid

>still spamming fake lap times
Cute

Sway bars don't affect torsional rigidity.

A mustang would be better than the rx8 and cheaper than the s2k

>Honda "invents" "new" technology and gives it a catchy name and talk about how much better than the previous generation it makes everything
>Vapers latch onto the buzzword and assume that nothing else could ever come close without having a buzzword of its own
>They become violently offended when someone implies that Honda didn't do something totally unheard of that completely redefines the auto forever
Sounds like business as usual. How's that F1 suspension/VTAKYO/lean burn/etc koolaid tasting?

The rx8 weighs over 2900lbs

It also has a wheelbase over 100 inches

Tfw the Mustang has a shorter wheelbase than the rx8

>Curb weight Manual: 1,309–1,373 kg (2,886–3,027 lb)
Ah, forgot about this. I guess I'm now between an S and an NC

100 inches seems kinda arbitrary

ily corey :3

S2k if you have the money, NC if you don't

Not when you're 3 seconds faster because handling
True. I wish the S had Hydraulic/manual steering as well though.

S2K uses electric steering?
Didn't know that, it's a shame

The NC is:
>Lighter
>Stiffer
>More powerful under 7000 RPM (let's face it, you'll only rev higher than that twice a year at most)
>More storage space
>Quieter (not to worry; no convertible is anywhere close to the 'too quiet' threshold)
>Ready and waiting to be Ecoboost swapped
S2000 can't even compete.

It's much more common to swap in Mazda's 2.5 for a small bump in power.
People seem to really like it, and it isn't too expensive

those 3 seconds are likely coming from hauling 350kg less weight around, not a few inches less in the wheelbase

i had the money and went for the NC anyway. the s2000 may be more powerful but it isn't a better drive.

>More storage space
they're about the same, but trunk space is pretty poor in the NC compared to previous miata gens
>Ready and waiting to be Ecoboost swapped
kek

Stupid quick question, what's wrong with electric steering? Delayed reaction like drive by wire?

muh feels (or lack of)

The swap isn't too bad if you can know wiring and can make the engine mounts.

The transmissions are the same, so you can remove the s2k's bell housing and use it on the rx8s tranny, you will then retain the power plant frame and carbon driveshaft.

I was being factious. There was a thread on this a while ago, but in terms of handling, short wheelbases/low weight are critical for low-mid speed in multiple sharp corners.

The FD RX-7 is probably the best example I can think of

Doesn't the RX8 have electric steering too?

You get 0 feedback through steering wheel of what the front tires are doing and more importantly how they're interacting with the road

S2000: 5.0 cubic feet
NA/NB: 5.1 cubic feet
NC: 5.3 cubic feet

The S2000 trunk also has a worse shape (there's a hole in the middle) and a narrower opening.

The 2.5 swap is more common because the turbo engines are all direct injected and you have to modify the firewall to clear the fuel pump. The Boostang engine will bolt right up if you have a big enough hammer, though.

NB has a better power to weight ratio than the NC

Maybe it's the shape then. I can fit less shit in the NC trunk vs the NB. No spare tire either.

Only the mazdaspeed

It's the size of the opening, it's harder to get things in

>Only the mazdaspeed

I'm afraid that's not correct

i knew it was a corey thread when he started sperging out about weight and wheelbase

what ever happened to the corolla and prelude corey

>that website
>being accurate ever

>i knew it was a corey thread

op here, I'm not whoever that is

>NB
>155bhp
I was pretty sure they were near 140.

Yeah, the NC has a smaller opening than the NA and NB, but a larger volume. The S2000 has a smaller opening than the NC and lower volume than the NA.

The US spec is 143bhp

We got 153-155bhp

Even if this was real, the Corvette would need fifty extra HP to accomplish it. Even shitposts can't defend the Vette.

Corey never admits he's Corey. It's part of what makes him Corey.

>being this retarded
It's not corey. He uses different file names

Consider this:

S2000 pros
>lighter
>better engine and transmission to begin with
>better looking

S2000 cons
>convertible

RX8 pros
>fixed roof

RX8 cons
>heavier
>renesis is shit
>ugly
>slower stock
>requires an engine swap to be worth anything from a performance standpoint

NC is worst miata

From a handling and powertrain standpoint, the S2000 is superior. Consider that on a national level, S2000s do very well at organized autocross events, much better than RX8s. Also consider that you can make gobs of power from the S2000s engine on forced induction, not so much with the Renesis engine. If you want turbo power with an RX8 your best bet is a 13B swap.

I know that it's generally not liked a whole lot.
It fit my needs much better than the NA/NB

This is the first time this image has been posted though

please get out or die in the most painful way possible

I vote neither and vote tube frame FD RX-7, everyone knows 2K8 ;)

I can't find an inexpensive one though

please don't be rude corey

While the s2000 has a very good chassis for a convertible, it's still a convertible.
The RX8 is best known for how good the chassis is. Pull the engine and rebuild it, the throw in a turbo and an ecu and call it a day.

Agreed, drop a 20B in that bitch and watch her purr. Though you know if you're gonna do that, might as well drop that 20B in a 7 and call it a day.

>oil burning s2k
Literally what.
I've only ever heard about the ap1 burning mobil one oil, just man up and get the ap2. It fixes all of your problems

He's buying a fucking sports car for it's trunk space

>not going on a road trip in your sports car with your gf

I said, PICK UP THE SOAP

>huur rx8 needs an engine swap
Na Renesis rx8 runs 1 minute flat at Tsukuba
So no the engine is fine

1 minute before you have to do an oil change

>drop a 20B in that bitch and watch her purr
>spend more on the engine then on the car when you could get an S2000 that's just as fast for the price of the 20B alone

Its not a Honda or bmw

>S2000
>as fast as a 20B swap RX8
But you're right, it really doesn't make much sense beyond "I want that"

Show me a 4k s2000

Butthurt RX8 owner detected

just admit it to yourself, Renesis is worst wankel. The sooner you stop being in denial the easier it will be to get over it.

>>S2000
>>as fast as a 20B swap RX8
Learn to read idiot
>you could buy and turbo an S2000 for the price of a 20B swapped RX8

op here, just saw this

atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5782904065.html

I threw up a little

Damage control
Stay mad and projecting

You said you can buy a s2000 that's just as fast as a 20b swap FOR THE PRICE OF THE ENGINE ALONE
Back pedal harder

Actually if I go by what your post says you meant that I could buy and turbo an S2000 for the price of a 20B, which is wrong.

>having a gf