/ovg/ OVGWRC revival

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/jix1u1bt1f476be/PikesPeakV1_lemax.rar
mediafire.com/download/dur2sihnbpd3hx6/fix_dust_pikesPeak.rar
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632
youtube.com/watch?v=y6eHP4IQWg4
youtube.com/watch?v=DSR6SsXVK6c
youtu.be/KEl9auRImq8
dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
luminis.eu/blog/rfactor-2-gets-boost-isi-announce-partnership-luminis/
store.steampowered.com/app/450670/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for qts

Righteous thread here

elites only in this thread

your the one posting about valrys

this thread is shit
use this one instead

Anyone else playing? I'm having a pretty good time.

Are yon on Xbone, PS4, or PC?

>3200x1800
>anything other then PC
user.

what kind of display is this? i've never seen 3200x1800 display in my life, it's always either 1440p or 4k

It's Virtual Super Resolution, It's pretty much Super Sampling the game down from 3200x1800 down to 1080p.

Makes the game look way better but you don't need a higher resolution screen to do it.

For being a free game it's not fucking bad.

tfw it runs like shit on my comp. the anoying part is it runs the same almost regardless of graphical settings

Damn that sucks. I spent too much money on my computer. So it'll run everything for some time to come.

fucker cost more then my car.

because ur a busrider amirite

>tfw actual busrider

you have no idea how much bus costs, i slapped 50cc two-stroke engine on my bike (kek) and i'm paying less for fuel and oil than i used to paid for my monthly bus pass. Then again, i live on the outskirts so i had to buy extra "external zone pass".

What part of "cost more then my car" don't you understand?

My car was 3500, I built my computer for roughly 4000.

Man GTR2 is so fr*ckin' great!

>tfw no gtr2 series
What the h*ck?

OVG PIKES PEAK WHEN

Mixed surface Pikes Peak on rFactor. Bring any car you like. Winner wins.

>rfactor
>dirt
not a good idea senpai

It's the best worst idea ever.
DiRT is awesome and full gravel > any tarmac, but three cars is a bit weak, as good as those three cars are.

I'll host a server on full tarmac Pikes Peak in rFactor 2 if you'd like. What cars do you want?

I'd like but my toaster won't run rF2

Just got Dirt Rally two hours ago and have been playing it nonstop.

What's a good course just to practice over and over?

I could do it in rFactor 1, I was just suggesting rF2 since it's much more convenient.

they're all short as shit

user give me your ubisoft id

>mines yazure

i'm playin
pic related, my pigfat.

pls pls rf1

Link me a track or two with a mod and I'll get to it.

oh man the wait...

Mixed surface Pikes Peak from DiRT 1 or something:
mediafire.com/download/jix1u1bt1f476be/PikesPeakV1_lemax.rar
Patch:
mediafire.com/download/dur2sihnbpd3hx6/fix_dust_pikesPeak.rar

No idea for cars though. Everyone want to chip in for what we drive?

I'll put the DRM cars on the server for now until you or someone else gets a better idea. They should be pretty fun though.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632

Séb Loeb Rally > DIRT Rally

fite me

>I'll put certain death on the server for now
Perfect. What are the options for different cars though?
Unlimited class bullshit, stock cars, trucks?

youtube.com/watch?v=y6eHP4IQWg4

HYPE!@!!!!!!!!

It's these cars m8. youtube.com/watch?v=DSR6SsXVK6c

Though I'm not sure how well they'll work on the dirt on that track so I added in a tarmac Pikes Peak as well.

I know what DRM cars are, you goose. I've tried them up Pikes Peak before, that's how I know we'll all die.
You said DRM was until someone had "a better idea". I was proposing cars for that.

>car starts wobbling for no reason
>fall through the map

I can't really be fucked trying out a bunch of different mods to see whats good on rFactor dirt but if you have anything decent and it isn't multiple mods mashed together I'll put it on the server.

Nah, I just listed those to gauge interest in what people want to drive. No point in trying a stock car mod out if nobody wants to drive them in the first place, for example

Dirt Rally OVGWRC

You guys had some ideas for the event, and now i'm thinking about implementing them all at once.

So, it would be four-six stages, every in different country (except sweden, fuck sweden), with group A, kit car, 2000's, and maybe some weakest 2010 car (hyundai rally?). Maybe even Group B RWD, those cars are undriveable anyway. Kit cars and group b rwd would lose a lot on gravel, but gain in Germany and maybe monte carlo, it wouldn't be really "balanced" but is there anyone who cares?

I believe it's great idea, so if you won't sulk right now, i'll do that.

I'm finally figuring out rwd guys! i'm happier than i should probably be.

set it up!!

How does anyone enjoy The Crew? Drive model does not even allow cars to drive straight, constantly pullong left or right at random.

Honestly the moment I heard youtu.be/KEl9auRImq8 I was in love.
I still haven't decided on a car to roam around Australia in. I want it to be a classic, decent enough offroad, and and above all really cool.

So I'm thinking either the XB Falcon, Torana, or the Opel Manta.

Is the deadzone on your pad fucked or something?

The only ones that tend to wobble around are drift spec cars

The HQ Monaro is in too. Take your pick from a multitude of Mad Max replicas

You got the right idea though, I'll be doing the same thing

I tried playing on the wheel. Guess I have to fight with options menu then.

I really don't like the wheel stuff in the crew. It feels awful

OVGWRC

Event is set up. It will be here for a week. Multiple cars from multiple classes (group A, group B RWD, Kit Cars, 2000's, Hyundai from 2010's), one track (usually long, but not always) from almost every country. I even set up one repair point, no need to thank me.

Have fun.

dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

fuck, it's broken. for some reason i can choose any car from any group, even though vehicle restriction list is visible on website.

dirt rally event set-up website is the worst. well, screw it, can't do anything now - we have no vehicle restrictions for this event.

nevermind, it allowed me to choose any car but won't upload results. I guess it's just my game fault, not entire event.

If i'm wrong and if you guys will be able to choose any car, choose ones allowed in event, otherwise your time won't be on scoreboard.

are u faking kidding me i just finished it all and it didn't save anything. i figured it was just a pick all since they were all available...........

luminis.eu/blog/rfactor-2-gets-boost-isi-announce-partnership-luminis/

>September 16th, 2016, Image Space Incorporated (ISI) of Michigan and the developer of the rFactor 2 simulated racing platform, today announced a strategic partnership with the Dutch software group Luminis to accelerate rFactor 2’s development. The partnership will be brought into a new company: Studio 397.

>The new partnership plans to release an ambitious roadmap for rFactor 2’s further development shortly; initial plans include improvements to the user interface, a DX11 based graphics engine including VR support and new propositions for strategic partners by the end of 2016, as well as increasing the frequency of new car and track releases.

I FUCKING CALLED IT, DX11 AND CONTENT

Is it only to PC users?
I joined the league but it doesn't appear on my PS4.

not my fault, codies web code (and webpage is where events are set up) is worse than hitler

i can't restart my event as well, i'm looking around for solution but anything will work.

i'm not really sure if Dirt Rally has cross-platform leagues. That being said, current event is technical clusterfuck, so that may be an issue.

DONT PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS ISI

LOOK JUST RELEASE THE GT500 AND ITS FINE. THE TYRES COULD BE FROM THE CLIO CUP I DONT CARE, JUST GIVE IT TO ME

>i'm looking around for solution but anything will work.

'm looking around for solution but i doubt anything will work*

That's awesome news. They are announcing something new on sunday too, might just be the same shit though.

Can you take it down and put up a new one?

No, there is no way to do anything with event in progress.

You can already use tridef and rf2rift in rF2

Haven't tried it though

"Don't cut"

HL3 CONFIRMED

Yeah, cross-platform leagues isn't a thing. Fuck.

It's actually pretty weird. I mean, it's webservice, only thing game needs to do is send results, i can't think of single reason to not make it cross-platform.

MS' and/or Sony's anti-cross-platform policy is the main cause. Codemasters still needs permission to share the data from the 2 (3, if you include PC) platforms together, even with Racenet.

that's a sign your computer is a piece of shit imo

>or The crew is just horribly optimised
I can run some newer/better looking games fine

rip and i can't even do it again

Were you able to choose any car, including group B 4WD ones? I wonder if bug is gone.

Still curious how the fuck these sedans are so fast.

i could pick all cars. I chose the 2010 FORD WRC car but it didn't count

fuck

well, i hope next event won't fuck itself up.

shitty arcade game thats why

If you do sub 100mph for the first half and then gun it you can completely leave them.

E C O B O O S T
C
O
B
O
O
S
T

Campaign for Automation is out on the open beta branch.

store.steampowered.com/app/450670/

Have anyone here tried this?? is it good?

Historix? Fuckhueg download for anyone that doesn't have it tho

fuck off to the moon

as illustrated in webm

BANG1681

never had that happened to me. The only thing that bothers me about the game is the lack of support of multiple controllers and the fact that the clutch has no effect. Otherwise the game works fine and has far more content than DIRT

I'm really loving this Dirt class on the Focus. Just under 300 rating right now.

+ it's not like DIRT Rally's physics are flawless