Why the fuck are people so stupid they lease?

Why the fuck are people so stupid they lease?

>Be me
>Ask co-worker out
>Go to pick her up at her house and see a nice bmw on her driveway
>Knock on the door
>She opens up and invites me in
>We small talk and I ask about the car
>She tells me she lease it
>nope.jpg
>Immediately tell her I forgot to shut my garage door
>Leave and never go back

Now I have to face her tomorrow. Why does she have to be so stupid?

What's wrong with leasing? You get a lower payment and incentives over financing and have the option to buy the car at the end of the period or give it back if you don't like it.
Retard

>smaller payments than buying the same car
>less hassle than buying pre owned
>warranty and peace of mind, no such thing with pre owned
>brand new car every two or three years
Unless you drive one car for ten years at a time, it's a great idea.

Leasing is only good if you can't write it off on your taxes.

I do not believe that story. Walking out on a girl just cuse she leased her car. If its true, you are an idiot.

>pic; unrelated

That and all the other reasons listed above

Holy shit, leasing is officially Kek approved.

Only a moron would date a moron

Leasing is totally fine if the residual of the car at the end is low enough relative to what you spent on the lease. Electric cars are notorious for being near worthless a few years after purchase, anyone with a brain who wants an EV leases one.

For example, a Spark MSRP was 33k with a 40% residual after three years, so the car is worth only 13k after three years. Federal and state incentives dropped the pay price to 20k or so, and GM had lease incentives for another 10k ish. Someone with good credit could structure their lease to pay roughly 4-5k over three years, which is dirt cheap for a lease and well below the depreciation hit you would take on most other cars

No. None of the reason listed above. Leasing is a waste of money.

No more than buying a normal car new is (depreciation), or owning a car in general (maintenance taxes insurance). Leasing is an option that works in certain circumstances depending on the car and the driver - if I was doing work in Houston for six months I'd lease a car and put it on the company dime

I personally wouldn't lease but I think leasing is good because it keeps the normies from buying the older shit boxes that I love

>be a coward
>don't tell her she should look into buying
How about be a good influence on her instead of being a little fucking bitch.

It's how I got my retarded sister to get rid of all of her rent-a-center garbage. Told her to just buy used and explained in detail how much money she would be saving by doing it and showed her how to find good deals on nice stuff without paying shit loads.

I work 30 hours a week, I dont have time to babysit

>30 hours a week

>I'm so busy because I work part-time
>cries on 4chins about shit that never happened

It depends on what kind of car possession the person needs. If you want to save money, sure, you can spend $2000 on a 1993 Toyota Corolla with 200k miles, that'll probably run for a few more years, if you get 3 years of life from it, then that's only $55/mo. But every time it breaks down, it'll be your headache to fix it.
But if you're not a cheapskate, and need a more comfortable, more reliable mode of transportation, then you want a new car. For those same 3 years, you'll never have to worry about maintenance, you'll have the latest safety and convenience features, and you didn't have to deal with shady Craigslist sellers.
Now, after 3 years, if you leased vs bought, you would've saved several thousands of dollars, unless you took a 5 or 6 year note, in which case you would still have several thousands left in payments.
The leaser can drive back to the dealership and leave with another brand new car. The purchaser either has to trade in and deal with that scam, or deal with reselling privately to make back the money he lost. If he's lucky, he might be able to end up coming out ahead over the leaser, assuming his car has been meticulously maintained, and hasn't diminished in value too much.
Like, this really isn't complicated. If you want to buy one car and drive it till the wheels fall off, feel free, but that method of car ownership isn't for everyone, just the same as how someone prefer getting a new smart phone every 2 years, or upgrading their video card periodically, instead of struggling with slow and outdated hardware.

Seems better than buying a depreciating cuck box but there has to be a flaw sounds to easy to be true

>Lease new sports car
>payments are next to nothing
>at the end I can either buy a used sports car, from a decent price, and know the entire car history
>or I can just walk away and get another new fucking car

>it's a waste of money
You either waste your money or you waste your time. Some people have more of one than the other.
Considering you're probably like 19 and only work 30 hours a week at some entry level position, it's obvious which resource you have more of.

I actually makes decent cash, above minimum wage asshat

>above minimum wage

wow watch out we have a millionaire over here

Probably a good idea to lease a BMW, once they're out of warranty you have to pay out the ass to fix anything

If the residual of the car is too high relative to the cost of the lease then it would have been more valuable to buy the car instead. For example, the BMW 1M inexplicably appreciated in value as you drove it off the lot - any lease was guaranteed to lose you money.

Leases work well on cars with low residuals, which is why you commonly see luxury cars and euro cars leased, but not japanese cars

>>More money than you bud

Manager gave you that $7.75 you've been working for?

Minimum wage is 9 bucks here and I make above that

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

>ITT Veeky Forums gets triggered over leasing

but muh ownership

Maybe they don't have the cash flow or credit rating to buy & finance?

Mom must be proud.

People who really are good with their money and/or really rich will either drive a really shitty car that gets the job done or lease a normal or high end vehicle. Rarely will you see a smart person spend $30k on a used sports or luxury vehicle. There's a reason why most high end luxury vehicles are usually leased.

>only a moron would walk out on a potentially good piece of ass
>only a super moron would fuck his coworker (i.e. shitting where you eat)

Which are you?

Leasing a BMW is the only proper way of having a BMW, she's arguably more stupid trying to own the piece of shit after 100k mi.

>meh credit
>lease
>pay on time
>3 years later
>good credit
>buy car from dealer

100% this

Holy shit you fucking child

Just go

Go
Go

op u a gold digging faggot

making "above $9 an hour" seems pretty cool until you start talking to people that went to college.

>start talking to people that went to college.

So they can wind up as a cop making $20 an hour. Have fun with your "arts degree".

>work at X retail store
>lowest paid employee in department has 3 degrees
>only 1 of them is in the arts
university doesn't mean shit anymore

autistic autisming autismally

Kek
>Above minimum wage.

>went to college

Maybe in very early 90's

Kinda. A ass. Degree is useless but a bachelor's is still good, it's just what you specialize in. It still matters but some people are just trash.

t. busrider mcminimumwager

I mean I studied computer science but ok

you sound bitter

if you're excited about "above $9 an hour," either you didn't go to college, or you shouldn't have.

>university doesn't mean shit anymore
It's not what you know, it's who you blow. If you don't have or make connections you're not going to get a good job.

This

>It's not what you know, it's who you blow. If you don't have or make connections you're not going to get a good job.
Sounds about right. I always hear weird things from introverty people who went to college.

Kek. Study a real degree and get a cushy office job earning over $40 an hour

This or go through a 4-5 year paid apprenticeship in a trade union and make $30-45 depending on the trade and location if you don't feel like working at a desk.

Don't people ever wonder how rednecks can afford brand new lifted trucks and dirt bikes and shit like that?

Do people really still believe in the college meme? I thought it was universally understood by this point that colleges are just businesses and your degree doesn't mean shit.

>your degree doesn't mean shit
tell that to people wanting to be a doctor or banker or scientist or whatever

I would. If they started working right out of college, they could've gotten a real job instead of spending 7-12 years racking up student debt in the hopes of maybe getting a job.

bbut being a doctor is a real job

You can talk when you hit at least 60 hours a week

>Immediately tell her I forgot to shut my garage door
>Leave and never go back
>Now I have to face her tomorrow.
Why are YOU so fucking stupid?

Yeah right, all they do is collect pharmaceutical sponsorships and hand out prescriptions like candy. Surgeons and nurses are only ones who actually do anything.

>I work 30 hours a week, I dont have time to

Where do you live? I'm coming over to take your job I'll work minimum 40/week, faggot.

LOL thats only three 10 hour days you pleb. what do you do the other four days?

Kekels this is some kind of new hi-tech bate....right?

>"arts degree".
>college
kys

>implying he can work more than 6 hours at a time

>mfw I have an arts degree and I get paid pretty well

this meme needs to die.

>one exception
>meme needs to die

kek I hope you get fired

>one exception
and every arts teacher at schools, every arts dealer, every person working in art galleries...

You're retarded. Arts degrees have the highest unemployment rates of any major.

ever considered the people who go to college just because "lol college" may gravitate towards the brain dead degrees becuase they have no intention of using their time spent in tertiary education to better themselves? leaving their shiny degree as nothing more than a space filler on their mcdonalds application form?

>Unless you drive one car for ten years at a time

Why wouldn't you? Then again most people I see in here don't buy their car with cash either.

>you sound bitter

ironing

also

>ui designers, working on apps, websites, online promotion material
>graphic designers working on literally everything that comes from a printer
>all the concept artists working on games movies and shows
>all the animators working on shows, movies, games, chinese cartoons
>all the typographers making fonts and shit
>all the musicians & sound engineers making music and shit
>fuck most modern architects though

In design, with a couple years experience and if you're skilled you could be making $100k-$150k a year as an art director or senior designer.

And this helps your argument how?
>they're unemployed because just a a prank bro

>not even full time

fact: everybody in this thread is underage except me

>Arts degrees have the highest unemployment rates of any major.

This is because:

1. Art is hard to get good at
2. It attracts the most retards

It's a deadly combination!

But it has the positive effect of keeping the job market from being too saturated, so more jobs for people who actually worked hard to get good at what they want to do.

meant to be go to this post

You know some people want to do more than make money.

Surgeons are doctors.

>using their time spent in tertiary education to better themselves?
Like not-art-colleges? Yeah.

So is buying a new car.

>But user, if no one ever bought new cars, there would be no used cars!
But that's wrong. If no one bought new cars, the price of used cars would increase until it was cheaper to buy new cars. Then, it would be stupid to buy used cars. Eventually, prices between the two would normalize, and depreciation wouldn't be so insane.

But as it is, right now, there's enough idiots buying new cars and selling their old cars that they're subsidizing my frugal, cost efficient lifestyle. I'm not saying everyone should live like me, I'm inviting you personally to partake in my exploitation of the uninformed masses.

it's the iphone gen.
new car every 2 years.

>new car every two or three years

This was the part of leasing I never got, why would you always want a car payment? Do people that lease like being financially cucked?

it's the same as the iphone.
free phone?
in reality they're paying more than buying it outright and getting a prepaid line.

most architects don't see decent pay until 40 and that's if the industry likes their style

I'v never gone on a phone contract for the same reason, always bought outright.

CASH. FOR FUCKS SAKE GUYS PLEASE. STOP TRIGGERING ME WITH THIS "DEBT4LIFE" SHIT IT HURTS SO MUCH. BUY YOUR GODDAMN CARS WHEN YOI CAN AFFORD IT FUCK.

>BUY YOUR GODDAMN CARS WHEN YOI CAN AFFORD IT FUCK.

>buy 4th gen Pontiac Trans Am
>fucking $2500 LS1 V8
>take out signature loan for $2800
>buy car that day

and only paying $200 interest total. so its a $3000 LS1 T/A

you will never touch that price anywhere. not buying that car would have been a loss of $2-3k

oh and the extra $300 was for title/license/fluids

>not on-the-road legal driving in a V8 sports car the day you leave the bank

have fun 'saving up'

>not having $2.5k in savings

>he has to work the whole week to make a decent living
haha oh shit

>tfw working 42.5h a week making 5k bucks
>mo to fri
living in switzerland is pretty good

>not having a trans am

how much was your bus pass?

>living in a country where education isn't free
oh shit

LEASING=RENTING
YOU ARE DUMB

I mean having $2.5k spare to buy the Trans am outright

autism

you could've gone on the date and left it at that. jesus

ITT: OP got BTFO.

>also known as revolving debt
Also, they used price you buy it for is usually absurd. The "residual value" is likely much higher than similar used models in the market.
>they also charge you more for "wear and tear"
>better hope nothing ever gets messed up on the car during the lease

Trips of Satan condone leasing.