/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

News:
nintendo switch is confirmed and splatoon 2 is on it
youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ks2hGA1yV3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=YB6lsbFoYqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this thread will be alive

live

wake up

>/ink/ is dead and there's nothing we can do about it

Have you prayed to the god-emperor of ink weaponry today?

Shit taste.

In your mouth after being absolutely fucking obliterated by the big bad nozzle.

No seriously, it's a shit gun. End this meme.

What's so shit about it? It has the fastest possible TTK in the game, can achieve it at ranges most weapons can't even dream about, inks a ton of turf, covers long distances faster than most shooters, has three decent kits, and it's not even that slow and vulnerable, you're much more screwed if you miss with Blaster or Dynamo. If you smell shit when using it, it's probably you, because H3 doesn't come with an air freshener.

How do I Tri-Slosher? I don't like bubbles, can I succeed by other means?

Give me your NNID. I will fuck you up.

God Splatoon 2 was such shit, glad we will have the original. Oh wait the servers got shut down...aw...

I'd love to play, but not today. Haven't played for a week, need some readjusting. Still, Flyingbutttwist

I wanted to build a real working Splash-o-Matic, but there's absolutely zero useful info about custom water guns on the internet. Nobody wants to fuck with pressure, apparently.

You could try looking at bottle rockets, it's probably more common than making waterguns.

What do you want them to change/add in splatoon 2?

>Add voice chat with options to turn on and off
>Able to change gear during a lobby before a match
>Gain more gold for staying in the same lobby longer to deter dodging
>Basic customization to start with more being able to unlock and buy later
>Moving target dummies in the training area
>3 stage rotation later on when there's enough maps
>Updates that feature original maps and weapons if they're not already in
>Way to pick rerolls whether it's tokens you combine or outright buying specific abilities
>Able to keybind controls where you want

>Add voice chat with options to turn on and off
That will give advantage to those who use it and actually speaks language their team does. Baisicallie, if you're not from glorious japan, you'll be staying in low ranks and shat onto by the nipples regardless of whether you use ot or not.

nintendo is really against letting players interact with each other, justly so since swapnote turned into a hangout for ne'er-do-wells preying on kids
also a child hearing an adult yelling at them for going 0-8 with an eliter might upset parents

Yeah it's probably the most unlikely one from that list but I can hope.

At the very least they should give us more pings like group up and fall back to give us some about of communication unlike now

how far have you looked into it? i doubt there's a step by step guide but surely there's something

We should have To Me!, Nice!, Attention! and Sorry!

>basicallie

Basic bitch

>Moving target dummies in the training area

I'd love a series of training challenges. Ink and traverse an obstacle course in a certain time, hit a bunch of targets with a charger, hit targets with nothing but splat bombs, that sort of thing.

Jellies are for sitting!

These girls really need some bullying. I hope the Octosisters channel takes them down a peg on the regular.

reminder that jellies craft our shirts and program our games so be nice to them
>implying you are not jealous because Marie is never going to sit in your face

Yeah that'd be great. If only there were any Octarians left alive.

>Implying you aren't absolutely correct

>Octosisters channel
>relating octarians with technology after they lost the zappfish
they are lucky if they still remember how to make campfires

>implying they won't be expatriates working on becoming integrated into regular society

You can't join society if you're extinct.

I am more than sure that they do still have power. They needed zapfish to power their octoweapons of mass destruction to destroy Inkopolis. The weapons are easy to defeat for a fully-equipped inkling with extensive battle experience and a super-strong weapon (technology in which Sheldon couldn't replicate, which implies that it's more powerful than regular Splattershot the replica is based on) in an open arena with no civilians to protect, but imagine the terror that would ensue if Octomaw or Octostomp were released into a tight city with majority of population being ordinary inklings that don't do turf wars and other non-inking sea creatures (mainly jellies). We saved Inkopolis from inevitable destruction.

>you will never have the holy task to train a filthy octoling
>you will never severely punish her when fails to be civilized while begging for your forgiveness
>you will never reward her with headpats after she surrenders all her will and recognize her place at the bottom

It's pretty cool to think Agent 1 and 2 spend their freetime at home building these custom superweapons from ancient schematics passed down by their Grandfather.

>ywn see a barbaric Octoling girl trying to fit in as a third member of Callie and Marie's show, whose responses to style topics just relate to how much she wants to see the inkling kids go out and hurt each other

These two? Nah, it'll take a team of best-of-the-best engineers to make something like it, not two singers. They just used their connections to get the prototype superweapon for grampa Cuttlefish, but then old man realised that he's completely dried out, and recruted a squid from the surface to take on octarians instead. Which worked out, because a lot of inklings- including Agent 3- took part in what are essentially glorified military exercises.

>(technology in which Sheldon couldn't replicate, which implies that it's more powerful than regular Splattershot the replica is based on)

Suddenly I understand. Sheldon is a /k/ nerd playing with the equivalent of airsoft with no actual experience designing or building real weapons, living off his grandfather's legacy. I mean, his idea of "modifying" a weapon is stapling some kelp on to it and selling it with a different load out.

He's baisically TF2 Engineer. Which doesn't make him any less handy, he did manage to recreate Dynamo and Aero off gramps' schematics afterall, he's just not that creative.

>it'll take a team of best-of-the-best engineers to make something like it, not two singers
What? Since when are Agent 1 and 2 singers? Is this some cancerous new game theory?
The agents are the most prestigious Squids alive, Inkopolis's mightiest warriors.

They have brawn, but only Marie has brains, and even these are likely not of engineering kind. Designing a modern weapon isn't like designing a Bamboozler or Slosher, shooters should be very complex on the inside.

We're talking about Agent 1 and 2 here. What does Marie have anything to do with this?

Fuck, that was top secret info. Now nozzlebros will come for me.

I would love a Sorry command. It would be my most pressed button.

Annie is for hand holding/

>he doesn't speak nihon go
baka desu senpai

I think Kraken in Spla2n should have a shorter damaging hitbox in the front, so a roller can sweep them forward by rolling at them and not get splatted, kinda like a mop.

>Kraken just jumps over the roller hitbox and splats you

While that would be hilarious, it would be kinda op.

>this joke will never die in your lifetime

hello

sup user

now that's some cute artwork -- do you have any more from that artist?

also, if anyone wants to squad up, let me know, cuz it's a fun rotation (Mall / Pit SZ)

I dont know I just save the images

Does this have local multiplayer?

yes, but it kinda sucks

going on the booru makes me feel sad but most of his stuff should be on there

don't die

based octos keeping the thread alive

its tough to stay alive when we can't squad up due to server maintenance

Piranha Pit splat zones is such a shitfest, why hasn't it been removed from the rotation?

i think the zones location is wrong on PP but its an alright map.

Anyway anyone want to squad for RM?

I can for a lil bit
nnid?

chimpimonito

I'll turn the wiiu in a bit

sorry for the wait, still up to play?

sure I'll set up the twin (same user as the last few times lol)

alright!!

Buckets are really fun.

nice dunk (i think that was you)

wew! yeah!
I really like the bucket

yeah it is fun

its kind of chaotic

almost made that comeback aww

sorry bout those last two OT losses

let me know if you wanna switch it up

is anyone around to squad?

please do, I know you can do better than this

don't worry!
can we Luna meme next?

oh yeah, Luna meme is pure salt inducing, especially on TC, but I love the Luna

Wow kill yourself

time to bully, forgot I didn't buy the Luna lol

that was fun to beat that twin krakon rollie squad with Mr 420 twice

hope to see more Mr 420

shoot we couldn't get the threepeat

well good games i'm done for the night after this one

at least we did better than sgt, abraham and glenn

DAMN YOU DARYL
Ggs! had a lot of fun playing

yup that's the power of a luna meme squad lol

hope next time we can get you up to B rank

How the fuck is it possible to still not be B rank yet? The game has been out for more than a year. I swear shitters killed this general.

i think the user i'm squadding up with (yes, its jus me cuz nobody else wants to squad up past few weeks) jus got the game a few days ago

so if you and one other lazy squid would squad up this squib would be S rank in no time

How's it feel to have an entire dead general to yourself Splattyj?

yeah no thanks. I don't want to play with someone with that attitude

please stop shitposting but that's not me this was me

>new splatoon spin off game
>you play as an octoling
>the setting takes place after agent 3 takes back the zapfish
>it's a survival game where each day the underground gets darker and darker and more fierce
>more and more octarians begin to squabble over resources
>you need to collect junk in order to craft weapons/gear

remindes me a little to this war of mine but I have to admit that would be pretty interesting
specially since octopuses can commit cannibalism when food is scarce

So any /mu/lluscs around who can point me in the direction of comfy hop beats to set the mood for squidding?
I recently stumbled on Snail's House which is right smack dab in that chipsound/weeb spectrum. More like this'd be great. As much as I love the punk sounds of JSR, Splatoon has always felt more pop to me, especially with Nintendo's squeaky clean presentation.

youtube.com/watch?v=ks2hGA1yV3Q

This is all you need

youtube.com/watch?v=YB6lsbFoYqE

Pray for /ink/'s speedy recovery

Zink Mini Splatling