Why do cars come with shitty cigarette lighters...

Why do cars come with shitty cigarette lighters? Have you ever tried lighting a cigarette with one of these abominations while driving? It isn't safe desu

Easier than using a lighter when the windows are down

I've been doing it since I was 13.
It's really not all that bad, I was disappointed when I found out newer cars didn't have them

Are you fucking retarded. They work pretty good if the windows are down or the AC is on.

>be me
>be dumbass young guy who never had parents who smoked
>buy first car, has one of these
>label is worn off, assume it's a plug for a DC port
>it clicks in to my surprise
>fuck around with it
>take it out, turn it around by twirling it in fingers
>instant second-degree burn
>wait for it to cool down and throw it away

>tfw no bowl-friendly car lighter

>Driving while stoned

>driving sober

I did the same thing when I was a stupid kid. The burn site blistered up pretty painfully, but ultimately healed well.

I don't smoke, so I don't miss them.

Mine was more like a 2.5 degree on my thumb, the flesh smoked and browned, I immediately bit some of it off since I wasn't thinking straight and it never really blistered, just kind of flaked off as new skin grew underneath it.

Yeah I burnt a finger with one of these as well.

I've done dabs off them before

Never thought of that
Did you use a straw like thing or just chong it directly?

Both.

Well that definitely warrants some experimentation. Beats torching the whole car down accidentally

>tfw no comfy landbarge with dab stations on every door

> being sober at any point in your life

No problem friend I'll be sure to drive drunk and crash 40 tons of steel into the back of your skull

Good god

How have I not thought of this

Thx m8
4th times a charm

>a Lincoln town car is just two sofas on wheels with dab stations
fuark

nope i just used it to burn my thighs / fingers.

I just burn holes into bottles n shit

Also tried that once just for shits and giggles, If you have an actual rig its something you will probably never think of trying again. Finding something that wont burn that you can use as a straw is the hardest part. When I did it with my friend we used a crack pipe.

really? these things are awesome if its windy outside

honestly no different than driving normally, which is while I'll smoke and drive but not drink and drive

god that sounds autistic

ive never wanted a shitty 80's luxury car more

I pushed one of those into a niggers cheek when i was in high school.

Got a good chuckle

What cars come with lighters, these days? Mine has a 12V socket with a flip-cap.

If you're not completely off your ass your motor coordination wont be impaired, it's not alcohol. If you're too high to pretend you're not high you're too high to drive. Anything below that is just comfy.

My first vehicle was an '85 Town Car and it was incredible.

It was really like two comfy worn-in leather sofas. The front seats had those triangular smoking windows so you can let smoke escape without freezing your ass off in the winter or blowing ashes all over the car. Every door had an ashtray, you could comfortably seat 6, and 2 people could even ride in the trunk sitting straight up if necessary.

It was pretty much the ultimate degeneracy-mobile. Fuck i miss that car.

Definitely hunting for a pre-ODBII Town Car when I finish my Comanche. I love the panther chassis.

I wish cars still came with those. My mother's car had one as a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I don't even smoke cigarettes.

If you're in an autotragic, meh. Not really a smoker and I don't like smoking in my car so it's pointless. Not really put into newer cars really.
I've driven drunk and stoned but I'll tell ya, drunk is the worst, never again
All that happens stoned is my reaction is pretty slow but rarely if you're one of those dudes that get paranoid easily, you're fucked.
kek
>be little kid sitting about in the van while mum is filling gas
>get out of seat and check out the dashboard
>press buttons and shit, then suddenly the lighter
>pops out, cool, sweet red glowing induction coils
>fucking press my finger against it
>end up having a giant donut shaped blister and go off screaming for mom
>she drives me all the way to the pharmacy for polysporin

kek

Put one in your car ffs, it already has the right power outlet

so, Veeky Forums, what's the comfiest car under $5000?

>paranoid

This

I used to drive stoned daily when i smoked all the time. Nothing ever went wrong.

Fast forward 10 years, i smoke like 4 times a year. Got behind the wheel, a cop got behind me, and i basically had a panic attack. It felt like i summoned every ounce of willpower from humanity to not just pull over and turn myself in.

>smoking

>Have you ever tried lighting a cigarette with one of these abominations while driving?
>while driving
Stop the car and then light your damn cigarette/joint. Bam! problem solved.

>pretentious

>he would prefer a 1995 town car to a 1996

>he would rather take the car haunted by first generation american electronics

>literally giving yourself cancer

>smokes cigarettes in 2016
>"the lighter isn't safe!"

Fuck, I forgot about smoker windows. Good times.

they sell some of these for drug addicts on amazon that are hollow in the plastic portion and you can store pills or whatever in there (or a micro sd card!)