Good long distance commuters

What are some decent sedans with a manual trans, comfy interior, a quirky motor, and at least semi reliable? I basically work in my car all day so im looking for the best in comfort/fun/mpg

Hatchback/sedan*

budget?

Golf tsi/gti comes to mind

Well im thinking at most 10k. It will only be a work mule

Yeah thats what im thinking. What gen is best gen in your opinion?

Golf or mazda 3 I'd think would fit what you want

What do you like about the mazda 3? I havent heard too much about it besides the light weight

It's just a breddy fun car to drive that gets good mpgs and can carry a solid amount. Could use more power, but it's a commuter vehicle after all. I'll always have a soft spot for the mazda3 because it's the first car I ever took out hooning on Twisties. Handles well.

Available sport mode?

Golf/Jetta TDI are really good cars if you're putting down a lot of highway miles. Good economy, long range, still available with manual if that's your thing. Golf wagon has a lot of space in the back.

Of course, it may be worth waiting to see the outcome of the emissions recall for the newer models.

mazda 3 is the gay man's hatchback. Do not buy it.

I dig the gti. Those plaid seats look odd though. But they probably have available leather so it's whatever

Volvo S60R
>Comfy as fuck
>inline 5 turbo
>reliable
The only downside is that it is hard to find with a manual trans, though it is not impossible.

Men still buy miatas so i wouldn't feel too bad

I actually drove one and i wanted it bad...it sold the following week i was pretty pissed

imo you should wait for another one to come up

(Heterosexual) men don't buy miatas. If you're still a boy then it's cool

ferd fiesta with the 1.0 motor

a clean 1st gen tsx or mid 2000s TL that has a clean title and was adult owned.

I drive one now. And I agree the Manual was hard to find. I got it for a good price because the 4C Strut was replaced with a non 4C S60 Strut.

If any of you guys know where I can pick up full set of 4C Struts for a price under 1500~. that would be cool

>Pic Related color and look of my S60R

Citroen c5.

Hydro suspension for max comfy

My GTI has leather and it is max comfy

Volvo s40? Not sure what you mean by quirky motor though.

I'm a huge fan of the plaid seats, and the Golf interior in general. If it weren't for poor VW reliability (in NA anyways) I'd choose that over the Honda hatch as my next car

>Sedan
>Manual
>quirky motor
>fun
Sounds like you're looking for a stock WRX lad

Define quirky motor.