Never really gave a shit about GTR's or Nissans in general but for some reason the R34 looks so GOOD in this olive...

Never really gave a shit about GTR's or Nissans in general but for some reason the R34 looks so GOOD in this olive green color, if they were available in US at the time how affordable would they have been maybe about 40k?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5699236610.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5771362446.html
j-spec.com.au/typical_sale_prices
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>he doesn't know the car is silver

explain..

It was 54,000 pounds for the UKDM variant. JDM variant V-Spec was 5.6M yen, so conservatively estimating that currency conversion is the only factor then it would've cost about 52k USD. However the car would need a major redesign in order to meet US standards at the time for crash safety and emissions including an OBD2 compliant ECU and at the minimum a VVT system to pass emissions in CARB states.

It would've been a 60k+ USD car very likely. Still a lot cheaper than a 911 Turbo, but not cheap.

Imports in canada are like $40k so thats probably accurate

what would you consider it's proper predecessor? Maybe a second gen Viper?

I dunno what you've been looking at but recent auction prices (completed) are on the order of 60k USD average now.

R34 GT-Rs were never cheap used. Japanese collectors latched onto them immediately as soon as it was obvious that there would be no successor. Canadian and US demand will only drive prices higher.

The GT-R is not really anything like a Viper. The Viper is basically a track car with some changes to make it street legal. The GT-R has always been about trying to make a good GT car and a racing car in one.

Millennium Jade I believe the colour is called.

R32's in the US are like 20k just get one of those
They look better imho

Bruh if a s15 is this expensive ima shit a brick

Normies only know Skailyne

They're more like 25-30k landed now for a decent example. You can get one for 20k at an auction but expect to get fucked in the ass hardcore with rust and other problems.

Talk to some importers, they will all say this. You want at minimum grade 4-B at auction. Anything less is going to be a gamble worth 10s of thousands of dollars.

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5699236610.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5771362446.html
Please explain

>There are some rust in the quarter panels that would need to be replaced or repaired ( i can recommend you to the body shop i used who had quoted me $1600 for the quarter panels or $3500-4000 to fix and respray the entire car.

That's utter garbage. It's 20k for a reason, it's in pretty bad shape.

Your second link shows part of the engine cover is missing. Not a good sign. The photos are also complete garbage. Given the obviously not stock suspension, signs of disrepair in the engine bay, and no photo of the BAR label for a California car and the fact that this is a 1993 GT-R means that I wouldn't touch this shit with a 10 foot pole. It would absolutely be forcibly exported or crushed if you tried to register it at the CA DMV.

S15 prices now are still fairly low. Auction average is about 22k for a good one (Grade 4) and on average 9 of them grade 4 or better show up in a month.

You can play around with J-Spec's auction history visualization tools to see what pricing is like for various cars at auction: j-spec.com.au/typical_sale_prices

>Olive Green

thats Millennium Jade Green you mong

Americans should be banned from imports, 25 years isnt enough

Adjusted for inflation maybe $70-80k brand new in todays money?

You seem to be mad that Americans have more money than you do. You should calm down.

Heres my gt25 not a gtr i wish, last gtr i saw sell in new zealand sold for 120k, i got my 34 for 4k

R34s are so overhyped for the GTR. Even a Series 3 V-Spec R33 is half the price of an R34 Series 1 GT-R.

They're trully godlike in midnight purple

Yip have to agree but i would love to own a r34 gtr vspec 2 nur, pretty much my ultimate dream car, at least my steering wheel is from an r34 gtr lel

This my fiance wants an r33 gtr in midnight purple

The trouble is so does everyone else.

I really hope that few enough people realize that the S2 and S3 R33 GT-Rs are so similar to the R34 GT-R that even the steering wheels are a direct swap including airbag harness. I don't want to pay 60k for an R33 GT-R.

In nz the 33s are quire often cheaper then 32s, most good 32s are 25-35k wer as 33s are 20-30k thats gtrs, a gtst r32 is 7-15, and a r33 gts25t is usually 5-12

I'm looking at Japan auction prices and it's really strange to see. There are very few R33 Series 3 GT-Rs sold relative to the R32 V-Specs, but prices are actually comparable or even slightly cheaper for the R33. I'm hoping to buy in 2020 or so in order to avoid the inevitable price spikes from American demand.