Volvo V90 Cross Country

Volvo Cars has unveiled the new Volvo V90 Cross Country, completing its 90 Series line-up.

Other urls found in this thread:

caranddriver.com/news/2017-volvo-v90-cross-country-photos-and-info-news
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Turbo + Supercharged T6 - 4Cyl
>316 hp
>295 lb-ft of torque

All paired with the 8 speed automatic and AWD.

>An Hybrid power-train T8 (similar in the XC90) will be available soon.

finally, a donk for white people

Volvo also stated they won't be offering any engine more than the 4CYL configuration.

Prices start at around $56k in the US

Hehe

>Rear cargo area

Article : caranddriver.com/news/2017-volvo-v90-cross-country-photos-and-info-news

So watcha think Veeky Forums?

>they won't be offering any engine more than the 4CYL configuration
yet, dual fucking exhaust, because dual exhaust is SPORT.

I really like where volvo is going with design and technology currently.

Really curious how the new v40/s40 will turn out, again I really like the concept's design but
>compact SUV
We'll see. maybe the V40 will be an pseudo suv and the V40 a regular hatch/sedan

Love their new design but lots of people complain about 4 cyl being too weak. Not an issue in my opinion especially with all the emission standards but we will see how the sales will go.

>at least 254hp
>too weak

even with a family of burger hamplanets that should be enough

those 40.1 and 40.2 concepts are tasty though

I saw the new S90 recently, it's absolutely beautiful.

The XC90 is quite nice too, maybe I will be able to buy one in 2026.

Volvo used to be reliable. I doubt an ubercharged 4cyl engine will last very long.

Most of them have electric augmentations.

Man, that sucks to hear. Why not try to make the V6 more efficient in power and fuel? Who tf brought this underpowered engine trend up?!

EU emissions regulations.

As if modified american pick up trucks with 2-5 mpgs and dragster cars are making any difference. Ban them first.

>only mad about the useless dual exausts
>not mad they call it a T6 when its just a 4 banger

Fuck you geely, a T6 should mean a fucking turbo six bangers, not a supercharger 4

The XC90 is an even worse offender, badging a twincharged 4-banger with electric help as "T8".

>1" thick tires
>"""""""cross country""""""""

At least it get an actual suspension lift, giving it more ground clearance than a lot of """"SUVs"""".

>Volvo also stated they won't be offering any engine more than the 4CYL configuration.
Old news.

It's just a V90 with some plastic bits and a 2'' lift.

I think the next V40 will just be the hatchy-wagon it is now, and hopefully it's joined by an S40. I'd just expect them to make a seperate XC40.

Because a hybrid T8 driveline will make 415hp. Sounds like plenty to me.

If I was 40 and a nutted family man I'd care...

Fuck that, I remember thinking they brought back the Yamaha v8 back when I heard of the t8
But nope. Soccer moms think it's just a trim level. So let's call it a t8 because they will think it's better

How autistic can you get? Volvo have used incrementing numbers for performance for at least five years.

Volvo nailed it in their design but kind off fucked up in the engine configurations. That XC90 is badly asking for a torquey V6.

Have you even driven a T8? It doesn't need a V6. The supercharger and hybrid system provide plenty of torque down low - an n/a V6 couldn't hope to match it, Volvo won't do a positive displacement blown one, and twinturbo V6 + transverse is a packaging nightmare Volvo engineers would never...

Wait. They totally would try. These are the dudes that tried fitting an inline six between two shock towers, lopped of a single cilinder as a 20 year interim solution, then finally pulled it off, and added two turbo's just to say: fuck you, automotive conventions.

Anyways, I don't see a V6 happening or being better than the current setup.

Huh? The modular engine came in 91 and the T6 came in 99.

Agreed, that thing deserves a V6 in it's heart.

Fuck, typo, should've been 10 years.

>Volvo also stated they won't be offering any engine more than the 4CYL configuration.
Fucking gay. 4cyl are the most vanilla engine in existence. Are they even turboing anymore?

Fuck you Geely!!!!

Yes, the smallest engine, the T5 has 254hp.

Yeah
And they meant exactly what I was talking about
C30s came in 3 flavours, 4 banger, 5 banger and a 5 banger turbo called the T5
Same to s60 and s80, regular models had 5cyl and the t6 had a turbo straight six
Their T# line used to mean you would get a turbo what ever the number in the badge.
It's the same as some other manufactured called their car the whatever v8 and had a 4 cyl turbo instead

Cant afford it, never will.

Well they changed that, D means diesel and T means petrol and the higher number the more power you get, it's easier to grasp for the majority.

Nah man, you'll. Good luck buying your future cars.

>T means petrol
Nigga what?

D# Already existed when the T5 and T6 meant five and six bangers with turbo

If they really wanted to make D for Diesel and some other thing for gasoline they could have gone with G or P, hell even B since their engine codes use B for gasoline (Bensin is gasoline in swedish)
everybody with half a brain knows that a T stands for turbo the same way a V stands for a V shaped engine configuration

Botton line T5, T6 and T8 with 4 cylinder engines its fucking dumb and only makes sense if you are a soccer mom, have no idea what is inside the bonnet of your car and think cars move my magic and that smelly liquid you have to buy at petrol stations

>have no idea what is inside the bonnet
Det här din dumma jävla autist, jag försökte förklara det igår men ni måste sperga över allt!

All volvos engines are turbocharged now so no, it marks which engines are driven by petrol.

>Porsche 911 Turbo is turbocharged
>Porsche 911 Carrera is also turbocharged

>Porsche 911 Carrera is also turbocharged
Only the new ones. I mean fuck you Porsche. The older 911s also had a great MPGS like 27 highway.

Practical MPG doesn't sell cars. EPA ratings and tax cuts do.

It really does look like a donk, actually.
Audi pulls the "cross country" look much better than Volvo.
But then again, the S90/V90 are quite ugly, imo.

>all road
>stanced AWD

And its stupid. Keep the T if you want, but if it has a 4 cyl inside it should be a T4 for the basic, a ST4 for the supercharged and turbo charged engine, and a STE4 for the supercharged, turbo with electric motors engine.