What are the best tires for a sedan?

I'm looking to replace my current set of tires. Tire dimensions are 235/55R/17, speed rating w and 98 weight rating. I was looking at the BF Goodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S but I'm not a fan of it being a directional tires.

Others tires I'm looking at:
>Falken Pro G4 A/S
>Dunlop SP Sport
>Cooper CS5 Ultra
>Yokohama YK740

Ideally I'd like to stay in the price range of the BF Goodrich, so around $600 for the total out the door price.

Open to suggestions and insider knowledge.

Whats the problem with it being directional?

Can't maximize the thread life by crossing them to the other side of the vehicle.

Is economy the only concern you have?

More so than handling. It's a crown Vic so I'm not taking it out for fun.

Why the fuck not?

Alright, fair enough. What tires would stick on it?

Good grip from your tires is not important only when you're after "fun". Emergency braking will show you just how big a difference there is between economy tires and actually grippy tires.

I mean, this is your pride and beauty. Are you going to compromise your potential handling just to save a few bucks? Its not like you replace tires once a year, the "per day" cost of your tires when comparing cheap economy tires to quality premium tires is usually not that big

What type of conditions will you be driving in?

I guess I misunderstood you when you said economy tires.

The conditions I drive in are pretty much dry, with a couple days (like 15) where there is actual snow on the ground here in Washington State. I also drive through areas with frequent rain.

I was thinking that the BF Goodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S for $550ish from Costco or the Falkens Pro G4 A/S for $596 from Discount tire would both be good potentials and would save me a little money over bumping up to the Michelin's.

Pirelli P-Zeros

Michelins or gtfo.

My local volvo dealer got me a set of bf goodrich g-grip for my s80 for ~€500, fair deal since it included the work.

Some of the sipes in those winter tires are smushed together. It's not worth prying out any rocks in the adjacent sipe causing the shape change?

Not when I put them on late October, as thats usually when the roads start freezing here. One drive on any road with some leftover gravel on it or just a normal gravel road and they'll be the same again. I pick out the bigger ones before putting away the tires, but the smaller ones tend to disappear during normal driving due to the rotational force & sipes being forced open

Its the annoying thing about having a highly siped tire like that, but I'd take it any day over driving on a shit tires like the ones that came with my Toyota

Y O K O H A M A

When I got my first set of Yokos from a set of off-brand shit, I was shocked about how much more I felt.

>More so than handling. It's a crown Vic so I'm not taking it out for fun.
Unlike that guy I see in the Washington Meet pictures driving the blue crown victoria. Since he's in multiple Meet pictures, I can only assume he is having fun with his car.

Lel fair enough. What tires would you recommend?

i have BFG g-Force Sport COMP-2 "ultra high performance" summer tires in 275/40ZR17 on 17x9 wheels

>amazing desu

traction and launch is crazy good (~300whp). no spin unless you want them too. cornering grip is scary good for the street. track day ready

Those tires look ridiculous in real life, especially in your size.

check out the signature hp's

I was thinking of Continental DWS for my new car (next year) which is a highly rated all season tire with good grip in summer driving. I am also in WA. There are certainly more grippy tires for non-drifting cornering, but those are summer tires. Another plus was that others in past Veeky Forums tire threads (who used the Conti DWS) said it was not a noisy tire or that it was quiet compared to a lot of others.

I currently use Continental ProContact and those corner well, but could use more forward grip. However, they are fairly quiet on my car so I am pleased. Quietness is also important to me.

My oldest car which I no longer have used Dunlop Sports for a long time. Those were rated AA traction but were quite noisy tires once they used up about 25% of their tread (75% tread life remaining is my estimate).

Tires really do change personality after they have worn down to 50%. It's too bad there isn't some sort of way to rate how tires behave at the 50% point. It makes me feel that tire companies make tires that get high ratings at full tread but sacrifice performance at the 50% remaining mark. That sort of implies the actual tread life rating should be at the 50% point and not the 1% tread remaining point.

>Tires really do change personality after they have worn down to 50%. I
When I bought a new car, all four tires were brand new. All four tires also had a huge number of those little tiny soft 2mm rubber protuberances on the tread area. Those are from the tire mold process when the rubber flows out under pressure in order to eliminate air pockets. During the first day I drove, the ride on the freeway was so very quiet. Once those tiny protuberances wore off by the 2nd day, the noise level rose.

I guess that quiet ride experience can only come if I get another 4 new tires as a set as long as the tires have lots of those tiny little protuberances.

Just bought a pair of Sumimoto HTR P02 tires as a set of temporary tires until I get a proper set of summer and winters. What should I expect?

I've read that they fall into the alright to pretty good category, but for some reason I trust Veeky Forumstists over normies. I just needed something that would not explode at any point while driving like my current fronts might.

>What are the best tires for a sedan?

As a good first place to look, go to tirerack.com and try out some of the category choices. You'll also see a bunch of reviews of tires. There are also nicely separated categories of ultra high performance tires.

Since the tire ratings are obtained from registered customers, the tire ratings have a much better chance of being accurate than from sites that have votes from non-purchasers. Sites like Amazon have problems with fake reviewers for example.