2017 Gt86 facelift

>2017 Gt86 facelift
>no power increase, remains at 200hp
>no engine revisions whatsoever, so the awful mid-range flat spot remains
>GRRR I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY I GREW FANGS
Abusoruteru disgusutingu

Why isn't Toyota hatred more widespread here? At least GM tries. This is fucking disgusting.

It's getting really sad at this point

Checked

Oh hey guys.

It's a cheap toy/commuter. It's not trying to be a fucking Ferrari.

Lmao spotted the Toyobarufag

Wait I thought the facelifted one made like +5 hp and +5 torque? Or is that just the BRZ?

Why does these numbers matter to you user? You'll never hit them anyway.

Keep up the damage control

Why can't they turbo it again?

I-It's just a base car meant for upgrades and tuning! It wasn't meant to have power right off the bat! Who cares if it's 27 thousand dollars for a car that produces no power, because you're supposed to spend another 5k to get an extra 70bhp and THEN you have a good car! Don't talk about the Mustang ecoboost which is cheaper and has 50% more power out of the gate REEEEEEEE

>1000lbs more....

>still beats it in every metric
Lllllllllllllllllllllol

>Who cares if it's 27 thousand dollars for a car that produces no power
thats gold, isn't this the place that recommends miatas?

Then buy a Mustang Ecoboost.

I don't get the shitposting its not like Toyota is going to see your shitposts on a car section of a anime cartoon forum and suddenly decide to listen to you.

Even the mustang has a better interior

Lol

The Miata is faster than the toyobaru

>I-It's not like your shitposting going to alter my post-purchase rationalization
Kek!

>Even the mustang has a better interior
That's sad, because the mustang interior is pretty meh

These numbers don't matter to me since the mustang costs twice as much as the toyota/subaru in my country.

>it's my fault you live in a 3rd world shithole

How? There ecoboost is better on fuel than the muhdrivingfeels, so it's not like your gubment can justify a memetax

New facelift looks horrible, I'm happy with mine

>people whine on forums for a light rwd car that isnt a miata
>toyota makes one
>waaaaah waaaaah it doesnt have a LS3 in it and it should only cost $13k

Toyota knew they fucked up when they made a car for neckbeard autismals on car forums who would only ever drive beat to shit used s2ks and whatever else they can find on craigslist for 2k

No you idiot, but for the price of the mustang I'd rather buy a focus rs

USDM cars are usually exported in very low volumes

No, the problem is that they put a shit subaru engine in it when they could have put a better toyota I-4 in it.

They fucked up

>buyers remorse
The post

Lol

>No you idiot, but for the price of the mustang I'd rather buy a focus rs

>give it 40 less hp than the S2k
>make it handle worse
>give it none is the zing that the S2k engine has
>cut corners and give it a gutless boxer four with a camelback powerband because fuck actually making the engine smooth
>waah why are you guys mad at them!!!!!

what better toyota i4

toyota doesnt have shit for low range performance engines anymore, they lost the ability and technical know how to make them

and all it would do is make emissions and mileage anyway, the stock ecu timings are fucked in half in order to meet usdm fleet emissions and mileage targets, and if they did somehow meet them he car would have been even more expensive

cheap cars are compromises

Jokes on you, I drive an old Volvo, but benchracers keep riding the bus

>volvo

you do realize the s2k's msrp in real dollar terms is almost ten thousand more expensive than the toyobaru

they cut corners to make a cheaper car so neckbeards would have a chance of convincing mommy for enough gbp to buy it

but the neckbeards mutter and scratch themselves and find a salvage title s2k for 3 grand out of a junkyard

>loses to a '13 Fiesta ST
>my 27k car has compromises but it's fine!!!!1!

I drive a pos 20 y/o BMW, I'd love to trade it in for a BRZ though. I've driven them, they're fun to drive.

I have the honest non meme answer if anyone cares: there's not enough vertical clearance in the engine bay of the brz for the FA20T. It just doesn't fit.

Again, why does 2 seconds over 1.6 miles matter to you? You'll never be close to the time anyway.

Why can't they fit a modified hood?

>damage control
Rofl

>no love for the 350 hp worst korean meme machine

for shame

because all things considered equal, faster is faster. if the driver is equivalently slow in both machines the 86 is still slower. why shouldn't he care? its his money.

you really got me

benchracers doesn't buy cars

None of those shitposters even own cars or they would have posted their superior vehicle...

Here comes the victim complex lmao. Cucked by their memecars, now cucks in general.

They don't need to either, desu I wouldn't buy a toyabaru because I like slow, comfy cars, but seeing them posting track times with results they never get, with cars they'll never afford is so funny

Still nothing posted, please leave.
They're called busriders

Nope. They'd have to mount the engine farther back in the bay which would obviously change the entire balance of the car.

Lap times do function as a tool for comparison. Im deeply sorry this is beyond your grasp, but maybe one day you'll get there.

>you can't criticise food if you are not a chef
This is basically you. And me posting my shitbox isn't going to change the fact that the Toyobaru is shit rofl

>Human driver
No
Not an empirical comparison

>empirical
Lol

Implying your "shitbox" performs any better. You have no point of reference

>no lsd unless you get R spec

It makes you look like a retard calling Gordon Ramsey a shit chef who makes awful tasting food while cramming down a McChicken on the free wifi.

Red light racing isn't cool

because the people who are buying new cheap cars in the under 30k market are better off buying high performance used cars for speed making it a moot point. a used 911 turbo s at 10k will demolish the brz, focus st, mustang, or whatever the fuck else you want in the sub30k

the toyobaru and miata are the only cheap light rwds on the market and it comes down to convertible vs coupe at that point. anything else is your standard fwd vs rwd argument or the muh handling vs handling doesnt matter bullshit

some people find pure speed fun. some people like goofing around and oversteering. some people like comparing numbers on the internet fun. its all shitposting in the end

what rock do you live under, there is no such thing as a sub 10k 911 turbo

You don't know what I've driven, friendo. You're desperate to save your car's face on a French snail-eating forum lmao

you can get a gently used 911 turbo s with 850k miles on the odo and a salvage title for under 10k

some parts might not be oem but itll still be lightning fast

The problem with that is that it IS shitposting. Shitposting was never supposed to gain traction as a thing you do here and I daresay it did more damage than ponyfaggotry and chanology put together.

Implying it bothers me what you mongoloids think, I'm happy with my purchase. Can you say the same?

>lol I've spent ages arguing with people who dislike a car that I actually own, but I really don't care or anything hehe
lolllllllllllllllllllllll

shitposting has been around literally forever and is unlikely to change

its only annoying when the shitposting turns into pointless spamming

three years of brz bait spam is the same tired old shit

go on co-part and find it yourself

hell whats more realistic is a $25k salvage/rebuilt title c6 z06 if you really wanna go fast

or fuck it buy a 2016 kawasaki zx10r for $14k

I can personally garun-fucking-tee you that there is not a single 911 turbo for sale in the world that has 850 thousand(!) miles and a salvage title for sale, even disregarding the price

at that point the car wouldn't exist, it's not possible. well maintained diesel volvos barely make it to 850k

There's plenty of other good examples for sub 10k cars that are fast, like 300zx twin turbos or v6 swapped sw20 mr2s

>noodles are flowing outta my pants

A simple reply that takes 2 minutes making you look like a jackass is always fun.

>still replying
B-But I honestly don't care g-guys!

:S

>admits he bought a BRZ, and even posted pics of it
>he thinks I look like the jackass
lmfaooooooooo

Optinal WRX engine when? They don't even have to do an STI engine, the ~270HP of the WRX engine would be so nice in that little RWD car and it's not like it will throw off the weight balance like a big V8 might.

And it wouldn't eat into the sales of anythint else. STI buyers want the Brembo brakes and 4WD and Toyota doesn't have anything else exciting.

You claim to have a shitbox not worth posting while shitting on a car you've never driven. You tell me buddeh

Sorry, I'm not him

>never driven
Lol

>sat in one at the dealer for 10 minutes

>he thinks it's hard to get longterm/weekend test drives
Lmfao you're probably a nigger which is why you assume test drives are only 10 mins long where they accompany you because they don't want you stealing the ash tray and the boot carpet

No, shitposting as it currently exists, which is deliberately posting like a fuckass retard making intentional fallacies, was never supposed to catch on like it did four or five years ago. "Trolling" was never as rampant, nor as base. It was a art. Shitposting is what Alphonse does.

>I can't read

come on famalam

Trolling was only funny 0.1% of the time, because the other 99.9% was basically shitposting. you type like you've quickly looked up "trolling" on know your meme and you're now back armed with choice quotes with which to seem oldfag. Lol.

the point is that by buying a new car over a used car you've already declared that you're willing to compromise on raw performance and features so you can get >reliability and >warranty

with that in mind, it becomes obvious why someone would trade speed for rwd, or weight for a convertible, or performance for >muh feelz

it makes raw track time comparisons stupid, especially when a super sport bike can shit on any cager car

we post lap times of better but similar cars (even cars that are a lot cheaper and in different classes) to btfo memecar muh feels retards. It doesn't quite work if you post ferraris or super bikes, faggot.

Toyotas kind of the apple of the auto industry. They don't sell anything ground breaking but it works and lasts and people will come back because of their good reputation. Honestly the gt86 is a great car, handles great, looks nice imo and good on a gas >inb4: you u don't buy a sports car for mileage-it's just a perk

comfy driveway

Ahh yes, very comfy

the biggest three comparisons are to a hot hatch like the fost or fist, a cheap muscle car like the mustang or camaro, or the miata directly

the fost and fist are fwd
the mustang and camaro are heavy as fuck and drive much differently
the miata is a convertible and the limited slip diff makes it pricier

so if a driver is willing to sacrifice speed for reliability and a warranty, they will also likely make other choices that lower performance for whatever reasons. if someone wants a light rwd car theyre not going to care that the fwd car is faster or the pigfat pushrod is faster

and if they wanted perf for the buck they'd get a used bmw s100 superstock salvage title leftover from an isle of man tt crash

Nobody gives a fuck about your dumb bikes, faggot. Go back to /dbt/.

You know you can buy extended warranties for cars with equal or even greater coverage than a manufacturer warranty, right? MUH WARRANTY is a retarded argument.

>Nobody gives a fuck about your dumb bikes, faggot

enjoy being slow, cager cuck

Whatever excuse you want, if you think it's fun to wake up and see that the first thread on Veeky Forums is a picture of an automatic transmission next to the words "what did he mean by this" then you deserve this board exactly as it is and I hope you enjoy it.

why spend money on a warranty if you could have put that money towards a faster car? is speed not important to you, cagerfag?

Because he (probably you) said people buy new cars for warranties. He/you said for that warranty, people are happy to make a sacrifice on performance or whatever.

You can buy a used car that will be way faster, and still have a warranty, ergo the MUH WARRANTY argument fails. Try to keep up, faggot.

i do not like the facelife

just as i predicted the scion version had the best looking front bumper and the best equipment and drive setup for drifting on public roads

thats why i had both auto and manual and loved them both

my evo is better though...even if it was stock it would be way better

$3000 miatas from 1994, not brand new ones

>he spends money on a warranty instead of just buying a faster car

look at this sad slow cagecuck

>in 2034 the BRZ et al might be the Veeky Forums memecar
That's a frightening thought.

You aren't even following your own arguments now, lmao. Typical of a bikunt to have brain damage.

wellby that time a used brz with 650k miles and a salvage title should only be around 200-300$

i bet you there isnt a single cager that can break the isle of man tt record

>$200-300 650k miles salvage
generous, m8, they're barely worth that brand new.

>implying anything will be
People will only buy base trim shit because the hundreds of miles of fucking wires and electrical garbage compared to something from '95. I wouldn't complain if the BRZ gained miata status but you'd swap the engine first damn thing anyway. Will we have any 2Js left at that point?