So I have been hearing that people think that this who back into parking spots are just a bunch of 'tools' or...

so I have been hearing that people think that this who back into parking spots are just a bunch of 'tools' or douchebags?

is this really a thing? if so, why?

I always found it easier to do. in fact I get scared driving into a parking spot because I feel I may not get the right angle and end up scraping a car next to me or something.

plus backing in makes it much easier to get out

where the fuck did you hear that

My high school had open campus lunch. That's the only reason I did it. You could pull right out and be gone while people were still backing out. I don't get why people do it otherwise except maybe in a big truck.

>so I have been hearing that people think that this who back into parking spots are just a bunch of 'tools' or douchebags?
Those people are idiots.

Backing in is objectively superior.

I always back in if spaces are confined or its against a wall, and usually is the spaces are all squared off to the lane of travel.

If it's a wide open mall parking lot or something, I pull in. The spaces are usually angled to promote head in parking.

It depends on the space.

Angled parking promoting forward parking?

Park forward

Going to stuff a trunk full of shopping?

Put your tail where you will be loading from

Any other parking?

Reverse in is easier for me because I can block the road and use my mirrors to get in and when leaving I can just look left and right and see if I am clear with no guessing.

Here you can tell the Americans apart from the rest of the population because they all forward park crookedly and take minutes to leave the spot constantly nearly running over people.

My wife says I am stupid for parking tail in yet when it comes to a tight spot and she is driving I have to park the car, tail in.

She is american. I don't know why I am in this. All the signs were there.

I don't understand people who back into spots in one way angled parking lot situations

I know very few places (like somewhere on congress in austin) that you're actually supposed to do this

I never used to care either way when I lived in IL and a good anount of people behind the steering wheels of cars seemed capable of operating the things.

Then I moved to South Florida where the roads are filled with tourists, immigrants, old people, nigs who are irresponsible in every aspect of life, and impatient New Yorkas. I also failed to read the Florida edition of "Rules Of The Road" where it states that parking lots have a minimum speed limit of 35mph. Because of this, I always back into spots and normally park to the back or up against an island where I can get a good 3'-4' between my car and the one next to it.

I don't even drive a nice car. And this thing has gotten so many scratches and dents since moving here. If I ever get something nice, I will always shop during off-peak hours and park as far as possible from other cars.

Back in every time if I can, ill even back in to a space if theres nothing on the adjacent spaces

Does she clap when you get it parked?

I don't know how to park forwards? Any tips Bros?

sometimes I need it for when doing groceries but i get scared as shit.

only know how to park tail in first

Unless you need to load the back of the car.

Always back in the the morning at work, that way when i'm leaving its straight out as fast a possible.

I grew up in the south. Here only gang banger niggers back in, because they need an easy escape when the cops bust them. That's why they back in. So out here we don't think it's stupid, we just don't do it cause the blacks do it.

I thought only niggers backed in.

Fuck off yankee, stop slandering our part of the country

No because she is too embarrassed by the guy in the next car asking her if she she knows how to drive.

depends on the parking lot nigger, maybe if you notice the one way angled ones are made to park straight in. obv since people only think of themselves they don't follow rules. also depends on the properties rules as well.its not about what is easiest for you because as a driver you should know how to back out and if you are that much scared of a pussy how the hell will you become a better driver.

>against an island where I can get a good 3'-4' between my car and the one next to it.

I used to park tail-in but all the people backing out hit my front end where damage is easy to do. So I now park head-in because the rear is less critical and has a bumper sticking out. My nose has the grill barely 3/4 of an inche behind the front chrome bezel around the grill area. The metal bumper is farther back behind all the expensive decorative front end stylish bodywork. So I head-in to protect all that.

And it's always hit and run in the parking lot. 100% of the time they hit me it is hit and run. So now I park far away from other cars and only use the parking garage. I noticed all the teen drivers use the parking lot and adults will use the garage which gives a much longer walk. So now I park in the garage too in hopes of avoiding door dings, swipes across the rear fender as the teens back out, and hit and runs in general.

>Fuck off yankee, stop slandering our part of the country

While it is injurious to your area's reputation, he's mostly correct in the populist sense. People are just fed up with the crime stats. So the threshold of what makes things "true" has dropped due to all that. I'd say only 30% of them back in. But that 30% is significant enough to utilize as a "truthful" statement even though most people demand something to be 90% or even 100% in order to be the truth.

I usually park in a parking spot that has another empty spot directly in front of it.
That way I can just drive straight into it from the other one.
That way I dont have to back up at all.

>most visibility unless you have a front camera
>easier to maneuver
>easier to leave

I back in unless there's a post or wall or something behind the car. It's much easier to judge the front pulling in than it is the back while reversing. Besides, the way I look at it, is if you aren't in a hurry, it saves you 10 or 15 seconds on your way home from the store, work, etc.

Mom?

In the UK, you aren't taught to drive into the spot, it's a pretty unsafe technique unless you're buying something large enough that you need a lot of space behind the car. We don't have angled parking spots either, so your only options are parallel park in a legal place or reverse park into a spot in a parking lot.

Reverse parking also allows you to get a clear view in front of you, meaning you can use references like lines or parked cars on the opposite side to you.

I hate backing in

>In the UK, you aren't taught to drive into the spot

Bullshit mate, on driving test you back into a parking spot at the end of the test in the Driving Centre if your examiner feels like it. Also I remember I usually finished my driving lessons at a car park at tescos.

Backing in is easier. The turning radius is smaller in reverse.

I DD a VW crafter, no way I can park it into normal spots forward, backing it in is easy though, even though it has no window, cam or sensors.

I only back in to my spot at home, because it's easier to just drive forward on a cold clutch the next morning. It was even more of a factor at my last house, where the driveway was relatively steep and narrow. Much easier to roll backwards on the way down than to drive backwards up the hill.

> all the expensive decorative front end stylish bodywork
>rear is less critical

Implying replacing a rear quarter is even remotely as easy as bolting on a new front fender on 99% of cars

Implying finding rear trim for most cars is easier than finding front fascia

good logic ya fuckin tard

Also moved from IL to Florida,parking lots scared the hell out of me for years down here.

There is no objectively better way to park. You either waste time backing in or waste time pulling out.

that tears it, we need cars that can be driven both ways