/ng/ Nissan General

Alright /ng/gers. We're doing this again.

Other urls found in this thread:

importpartspro.com/st2vgloblni31.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who holds the shifter like that?

About to buy a '92 300zx turbo for 1,500.
5 spd. Runs and drives. Bad bat. Solid frame. Shitty paint.
CRACKED FUCKING DASH

>shift into awesome

A bw t5 trans is not awesome.

We are driven.

Alrighty

How's your Nissans doing m8s?

My Skyline is down with a burnt valve but the Laurel a stronk

Maxima down. Maxima down. 300zx down. Sentra down.
Kill me.

Fuck that sucks man

Anything small or all major repairs?

Well the ZX doesn't actually exist, I'm just a sad pathetic man trying to be cool on the Internet.
The sentra got sold w/ bad constantly volatile tragedy.
Maxima #2 never ran. I meant to do a transfer swap but never got around to it.
And Maxima #1 was totaled out so it isn't legally drivable, it runs fine though.

>transfer
tranny
It has a blown up a/t (previous owner was boiracer). I've been trying to track down a good 6spd m/t.

Could you swap the good drivetrain from the wrecked Maxima to the other one?

Yes/No. Engine mount nonsense.
Ones a 4th gen, ones a 5th. The 4th (wrecked) has better interior/less rust.

What was the better car Z31 or Z32

Replacing a power steering hose on my z32 tomorrow. Not looking forward to it.

Breh

is 11k CAD an acceptable price for an early s14 240sx in good condition? it has 200k on it but seems pretty well maintained by the owner

How much of
>new nissans are shit
>nissan scum
is true and how much of it is Veeky Forums memes. Going to be buying a comfortable commuter in the near future (new) and currently am looking at the altima or sentra among other cars. Had luck with nissan in the past, but i dont really know how they are now.

Not sure if this is the place for it, most here talk about older datsuns, skylines, and z's, but it is nissan general and as much as i want an r32 or a 300zx i cant afford that shit right now.

Ah perfect, I bought a tree fiddy on Monday
>2003 touring with heated leather seats
>a week of driving and still learning the clutch + gearbox
Coming from a miata I love how torquey this feels

They get a bad rap because inexperienced drivers buy them and tear up the transmission. If you actually know how to drive and work on your cars then Nissans are great. Toyota builds stronger cars and its why a lot of experienced drifters migrate towards then as they grow out of their missile phase but most of the hardcore import tuners in America tend to prefer 80s/90s Nissan despite their faults.

yeah but say goodbye to your handling

nissans are fine jap cars, but at least in my area (southern US) the local dealerships are all conveniently located walking distance to all the section 8 housing, so more likely than not if you see a newer Nissan, it's a nog that's trapped into a predatory loan and will have it repod in a few months.

Most of those memes come from kids here that don't even have a license, let alone own a car.

Hood rats love the V6 Altima it is the direct competitor to the Honda Accord with both being a favorite amongst wannabe street racers because of its 0-60 speed. This is irrelevant to normal driving, even when merging into the highway.

If you get an Altima do your self a favor and avoid the V6. The added acceleration is just a gimmick to sell to niggers and millennials. The cheaper variants are ironically less of a pain to own down the line.

The Sentra is a good car to daily if you can't afford a Corolla. Look near any grassroots garage shop and you'll see a Sentra with 300k+ miles on it that one of the crew dailies.

Don't buy these cars to race them and they'll be fine. Use them to work and live your life as you study car owership and preventative maintenence. Eventually, you'llbe able to save up and buy an actual fun rwd car to play around in and learn even more about the performance side of things. Be patient with this and in the long term you can become a legit enthusiast and not someone that just totals their cars pushing beyond their limits and shitting up Veeky Forums with their bench racer theorycrafting.

Guy is selling a 240sx for about 800 runs drives but has no title.

Listing has been up twenty days so I'm guessing not stolen. Says it'll be a nice talk car

Worth grabbing even if there's minor mechanical flaws? I really want to just learn manual

I took my baby to a car show today.

The parking brake light is stuck on, the AC doesn't work, the volume on the radio is stuck at loud, the cruise control doesn't work, windshield wiper fluid tank is missing, the muffler barely exists, and sometimes when I brake I hear a weird clunk.

And there some weird basket weave looking tube on my exhaust system thanks very loose. But I love my Maxima.

ask for vin if you're wanting to make it a DD.

otherwise, it'd make a fun little demo derby or track/autocross car.

you have electrical issues. Check your wires. Something is shorting out somewhere.

Oh yeah, I know I've got wiring issues. There were some possums in the engine last month.

Whatever happened to the Datsun General? I havnt seen one in days.

dash repair dude.

nice dubs, we be working on our cars, i also peek in to see if there are any up. Im still working on my l26 rebuild, should get work in this weekend.

Looking to get a 240sx, and all the ones in my area (s13, s14, and a RHD s13 silvia) are all heavily modified and over 3k. How hard is it to get a rough-ish close to stock 240sx :(

Also, rip looking for a s12 200sx. I want one of those bad. If only they actually showed up on craigslist.

project out the wahzoo

240sx only exist in 3 states of being as of now

Overpriced Modded shitbox,
Rolling shell shitbox
Neglected autotragic

If you want a cheap project look through s-chassis facebook classifieds in your area for a shell and a running engine.

Friend and his life L̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶P̶a̶r̶t̶n̶e̶r̶ Room mate's shitboxes, started as $500 shells. They have spent less on their running cars than I have on my suspension for a non running car.

Quite prophetic that the first time I pop on in almost three weeks, I see this question.

The short answer is that no one else is willing to make the threads except me, but the long answer is what posted; we're busy. The weather is good, we're working on our cars, and we're trying to get as much done as possible.

My 240Z is actually on my driveway right now, getting sanded and the rear end shaved in preparation for getting paint in about two weeks. When I'm not at college, I'm working on the car.

Pic related is what I discovered underneath the right (and left) dogleg.... Thankfully I'm going to college to become a welder, and I've already been employed as a welder.

I got a good dash if youre in georgia

damn did you buy the fire bombed 240Z your boss had?

I really need to get some parts. Even the trunk is missing pieces. But here's my girl at a fancy car show again.

I'm buying another 98 Maxima because they're so great.

holy fuck you got good memory.

haha I tried he wouldn't part with it.

Found a junkyard filled with 7 or 8 z's in better shape than the rusted out parts car he bought.
He had plans of restoring both cars last time i talked to him but the white z was swiss cheesed with rust.

Dont work there anymore, planning to go back to school for welding as well.a

Man go save those Z's! Do you have one yet?

Also, here's some shitty body work I've been doing since I'm waiting for my Naptha paint thinner to arrive from Nevada (it's illegal in California, of course...)

No 240z not yet its hard to get a decent one for a reasonable price around here. Was in talks with a guy selling an almost pristine automatic for 3k but he flaked on me. that was a while back.

I have been working on uglish 240sx in my spare time. Finished redoing the rear suspension,koni adjustables and a 5 lug swap with z32 calipers. The front suspension is junk and needs replacing. The silvia front end is damaged all over but im in between jobs so it will have stay ugly a i bit longer.

Any more progress pictures of your car?

nice 240sx man, most the stuff in my neighborhood is fucking shit thanks to the spics and nignogs getting their hands on em

>Any more progress pictures of your car?

sadly no, I'm on a PC and the rest are on my phone which wigs out on Veeky Forums now; plus anymore photos and I might spoil the surprise I have planned for y'all...

Question for the S13 owners: has anyone bought window visors or roof spoilers from H.I.C.?
Curious about quality and fit.

Its alright use to belong to a kid who painted over the factory pearl white with wiht a cheap green, slammed it to the ground and neglected the shit out of it.

>I might spoil the surprise

l28et swap boiiiiii

heres my skidline

also, I wish nissan had closed down after 2002. Fuck them now

My old R32 Gtst Type M, picked it up in Sydney years ago, 1 japanese owner.

Also, my Pulsar - hey bodykits and paint were big early 2000's :)

Well thanks for the tip. Time to find friends, a shit ton of tools, and more mechanical knowledge.

Also, there was an Infinity M30 for sale for a while. Probably should have looked at it.

Sweet 300zx tt put allot of time and effort in

Total build cost 15 k 400whp 4 wheel steering (hydraulic) whipped a new mustang the other day no idea what it had for motor as he was left far behind

If you spent $15k for 400whp. You need to call Dane at Houston Z. For $15k you could 700whp.

No comment did everyone leave

Total car cost engine is from import auto pro Texas I think it was like 4k$ stage 2

Hard to get stuff in new England not much following here

importpartspro.com/st2vgloblni31.html

What engine does it have? The SR or the GA?

Lol cool. Fast and furious rice is always fun if not a civic.

both 300zx are a PITA because of cramped engine bays. Z32 has more aftermarket support if you like that.

The Z31 and Z32 only share similar powertrain, other than that they are way different. Z31s being the last breath of the Datsun era cars and Z32 being Nissans first "Modern" car.

GA16 - port and polished head though, exhaust, pod.

Went well enough, be god damned if girls didn't love it.

Not a very similar drive train z32 is built ground up to handle like 600 HP without changing very much

thanks.

harlequin paint was cool.

Pain in the ass to wrench on though.

Imports part pro? I work with kyle all the time. Here's what you do with a 300zx. STOCK TURBO, e85 (plus pumps etc), better exhaust, DP, and intercoolers. Dual pop filter with sellen translator. Nistune. Boost controller. Bam, you have a 500-550whp car. Unless I missed something small. I'm watching soccer.

Just replaced turbos jwt 530 bb haven't pushed it yet final tune Monday HP was an estimate stupid trans draws about 70hp

Was looking for better side mount intercoolers pricey though some cheap ones on eBay

Ehhh, hate to burst your bubble, but you should have just kept the stock ones. I had those turbos years ago, not really worth the money DESU. When you are ready to upgrade the ONLY turbos you should consider are GTX. It wont let me post the link, but look up "Dane Miller HoustonZAuto" on FB and look at the video near the top, 774whp on "low" boost.

Don't get cheap ones. At all. Save the money and get Ash Spec side mounts. NEVER do front mount on a 300zx. Various reasons, and it's been discussed to death on the forums. Save your money and do it right.

Nice. I own an N15 with a GA14, no mods yet, but it's a pretty good engine for it's size.

Nice thanks was nervous about $200 eBay specials

Stock ones seal blown. Turboes still good going to have them rebuilt

Stuff like this is totally cool imo especially when done clean. Usually people that hate on ricers have half finished engine swaps going and are wannabe drifters that would get smoked in any form of legit competition outside of surprise racing someone at a stoplighr they werent expecting on their way to taco bell at 3am after a bar

>new nissans are shit

That is because of the Renault merger

>nissan scum

Veeky Forums shitposting

>GT-R weighs more than ANY of those cars

absolute FUCKING disgust

That's cause that is old gtr new one is r36

>RB
>Burnt valve
Imagine that

Don't you have an FD too?

Damn user. You're the one who told me DDing a GTR aint so bad, right? I'm looking at going to Japan next summer to get one and take it back to Canada. What happened?

Absolutely not

VG33 with 40k km sitting in the garage with it. Hoped my brother would have liked it as much as I did.

I blame renault for my lack of a glove box

El Bumpo

got this 95 D21 4x4 manual with 200k miles, 1700$. What should I get on right away? lady I bought it from said the timing chain was replaced recently,
KA24E engine.
replaced Spark Plugs, front and rear Differential oil, transmission oil, transfer case oils. all the liquids I could find.
Where should I start from here?

that's gay put a 13B in it

Guess I belong here now...

>

Sweet whatever is broken lol

>13B
a mazda wenckle engine? I had to google that shit, why the fuck am I the gay one here, I was thinking like a sr20 or rb swap but jesus christ here you come along.

Or vg30de also stock

those are massive though.

Bumping

Anyone interested in pics of me removing the sending unit on the Z so I can drain the old gas?

I can't be mad at it. It's 26 years old and put up with my shit, including being daily driven, for over two years.

This is my S12 here Is anyone here familiar with the early model S12 suspension? I'm trying to find out what kind of upgrades can be made in the way of front adjustment, brake upgrades (fuck hub rotors), LRA adjustments, and rear drum replacement.

I'm surprised you didn't run into oil pump problems either.

I don't track it or rev it above 7600

C-can I join guys?

Is it just the '89 that has that problem? I still want to buy one, but it'll probably be imported since I probably won't be going to Japan anytime soon lol

It's all pre-94 GT-Rs

The oil pump issue isn't as crazy as people make it out to be

The fullest extent I know it is crank clearance problems. Wouldn't want to blow an RB, especially on a car I'd probably spend 16-20k on.

I'd rather buy an S30 at that point lol

So I got the bad gas out of the tank and put a bit of fresh gas in it. Tried to start it, and it cranks strong but won't start. Suspecting a fuel supply problem, I put a bit of pyroil into the intake and tried again. It started and ran for a second but died, meaning I have a fuel supply problem. Popped the fuel feed and fuel return lines to confirm this and yep, they're both dry as a bone.

So now I get to diagnose a bad fuel system. Could be a bad power supply or ground, could be a relay, could be the pump. Either way I'm very excited :D

I have a 280z I've been daily driving for the past year. I'm now making more money and want to put more work into it and try my hand at taking it to the track.
Right now I have the stock L26 in there. I can't decide if I should ether, keep the engine and add a turbo, swap in a L26ET, or swap in a L series V8 (thinking a LQ4).

I guess I'm trying to figure out your guys suggestions?
Also I should say I do not wrench a lot, so I'll have a mechanic or other professional do most if the hard stuff.

Thanks for any help given.

Right, the collar was extended on post 94 cars.

You could just go all out and make it a dry sump system lol

If you want turbo, swap in an L28ET. Turbocharging a non turbo L series is regarded as a waste of time, effort and money.

And an LQ4 could be cool but get rid of the truck-tier camshaft first