Why can't Koreans make a sports car that is fast, and more importantly, FEELS good?

Why can't Koreans make a sports car that is fast, and more importantly, FEELS good?

That's only your opinion

Which is shared with many people. Never seen Hyundai praised for their steering/shifters/chassis dynamics/exhaust note/personality in comparison to their competition. All the little intangible stuff that makes a sports car is what they don't seem to get.

For me, it's the shitty suspension tuning.

Every single Korean car I've had as a rental so far ('15 Sonata, '14 Soul, '16 Forte) has some sort of weird suspension tune.

Sonata= super soft, almost feels like it's bottoming out. This is the best of the bunch

Soul and Forte: suspension that manages to be poorly controlled on bigger bumps (weird sidewise wiggle like a BOF SUV on leaf springs and uncomfortably stiff on minor irregularities.

The Forte I just had today, it's a decent little runabout and returned amazing MPG considering the rush i was in (40-41mpg indicated average doing mostly 80mph with A/C going, winding it out to 3-4k RPM at every light and onramp). But the overall impression was that I could never quite get comfortable in the seat, the suspension tuning is crap, and the throttle is very heavy to discourage heavy application (thus helping MPG) and the transmission is incredibly reluctant to downshift. The worst was around town, at about 30mph it'd upshift to some incredibly tall ratio to the point that you'd almost stop accelerating. I'd then press the pedal down slightly and nothing would happen. Finally I'd depress the heavy pedal way down and the engine would drop what felt like 2 gears and I'd go rocketing forward.

Not impressed. They hit all the right numbers on paper, but the vehicles just feel disjointed and not operating as a refined 'whole.' Before that I had a pretty cheapo Jetta 1.4T, MUCH better drivetrain/transmission with a lot better low end power, a suspension that smothered bad roads and helped the car track incredibly well at higher speeds (80-85mph was very relaxed).

Koreans have no car culture.

Feels you say?

>toyotubru brings out 2 door RWD car that's under 2k in weight and is fun around corners
FUCK DA 86 TWINS DEY SLOW AND MAH MUSTANG CAN BEAT IT LOL GET FUGGED
>Koreans bring out 2 door RWD car with v6 and 2.0 turbo variants
LOL WHY CANT KOREANS MAKE A CAR THAT FEELS LIKE A CAR MAH CIVIC IS MORE FUN LOLLLL

>Veeky Forums is fucking retarded

hyundai veloster shifters are fucking amazing

Because they have no seoul

>Rental
Invalid review no exception
>Sonata
Drive on the highway and it feels amazing with that soft suspension, literally floats.
>Soul
Literally gets drove by girls or fuckbois. Always last to 200,000mi.
>Genesis
Literally best sports car the Asians have come out with that is ACTUALLY AFFORDABLE.
>inb4 Hyundai shill
I prefer american cars but I respect all regions when they make something well built.

>more power
>less weight
>no turbo lag
>slower

How?

fUCK

it's what happens when you poorly copy BMW.

shit suspension

This and the base Genesis Coupe probably has really tall gears for cruising around.

I'd like to see how the R Spec Hyundai fares against the Ecoboost performance pack.

>hyundai
>year of our lord jesus christ 2016
only good thing hyundai made was the mid 90's excel
>literally just a lancer but with an in-house engine

>muh feels

You could put a Hyundai badge on an M3 and shallow faggots like you wouldn't get any "feels" because you're too embarrassed to like a cheap car.

Despite what leddit fags say, Hyundai is shit. They put makeup on pigs and a few idiots don't realize and buy them anyway.

Anyone noticed that the Genesis Coupe is the most stanced/riced car in the world right now?

Have you ever met someone that owns one? Pray you don't.

Because Asians have no soul. Their cars are good but not fun to drive.

The Genesis V6 was praised for its exhaust note.
Hell, even the Tiburon V6 sounds pretty good.

I like how my co-workers V6 Tiburon sounds. I think 172hp in a 2.7L is really underwhelming for a sports car though.

I drive a 14 2.0 gen. They tried, they really did, but they're just not there yet. It's an outstanding car for the money held back by basically no aftermarket, no tuning capabilities (literally only 2 companies can tune the 13+ models) and inexperience in essentially trying to be 90s japan in the 10s. I'd be willing to bet when the next Genesis comes out they'll get it right or be at least like right fucking there so close god damnit. It's gonna be great if Hyundai becomes a force to be reckoned with in the sports car market.

Iirc the v6 is BMW based and the i4 is mitsu based

Korea can not and will not ever be able to compete with Chevy in terms of performance and reliability. There is a reason why Chevy is always ranked high when it comes to both

Yeah I agree. The new Chevy cruze is dope. When I first saw one I thought it was a BMW

>The new Chevy cruze is dope. When I first saw one I thought it was a BMW

???

Kek. Good one m8

Lol what a cuck thing to post

Is that a BMW?

did you know its the safest car for teens
it turns off the radio if they dont put seatbelt on :O

What's up with the flood of anti-Korean posts on Veeky Forums lately?

Mustang, feels like shit,crashes into crowd

86 feels awesome, doesnt crash into crowd.

Looks like every other american small car now

To counter the korean shills that have been posting here lately. Korean cars are shit and no shill squad working 24/7 is gonna change that fact.

Listen up fags, I'm getting a new car, should I get a 20 17 Camaro 2SS or. BMW m240i and why? It will be one of these 2 so don't bother recommending something else

Camaro, duh.

You must be that """""""""I hate Korean cars but I'm not Japanese btw""""""""" guy that shitposts and samefags every thread.

Some one has not drove a 80s or 90s Toyota

Why? For the shit interior or because it's .2 seconds faster to 60 than the M240i xdrive?

If you need more arguments than the V8 then you don't belong on a car enthusiast board.

Ohhhh so as long as it has a V8 the interior and reliability means nothing? Well shit. I guess most trucks are automatically must buys

this, neither one is going to be close to the fastest thing on the road so you might as get something you'd like to drive

unlike a camaro most trucks are reliable

when did BMW become reliable anyway? I thought most BMW owners traded them in when the bumper to bumper ended for a reason

I'm going to lease the BMW so by the time shit hits the fan it's not my problem

It's an Audi

good point

I thought about leasing a car recently and ended up buying instead because something about a lease just doesn't feel right to me.

For some reason cheap brands like chevy have such shit lease programs but BMW, lexus etc... will usually give me a deal for the same amount or even better than chevy and the car would cost about 8k more. Here's an example. To lease a 1SS, every dealer wanted about 525 give or take a few dollars at 39 months with no money down. I'm looking at a 48k BMW and they are telling me they can get me in the 400s at 36 months no money down. I just don't get it

jesus christ it looks like the crappy last-gen Civics

cucked by the GMC again.

That looks like a BMW. Are you retarded or just blind?

i find that hard to believe but if it's true fuck i should have just leased a bmw or something to pretend i'm rich like all the other posers that lease

they say that in the actual commercial for the chevy cruze
>"zomg this is a chebby!? I thought it was a good brand!"

Tell a chevy dealer you can get. BMW for that price and he will literally tell you "go get a BMW than". Chevy dealers are the biggest jews out there. I think the reason BMW and others give better leases is because after 3 years the BMW is still worth a fortune where as a Chevy does not hold its value nearly as much.

>BMW is still worth a fortune where as a Chevy does not hold its value nearly as much.
This is probably the reason because that BMW or Mercedes will get multiple poor owners after the original one. Nig nogs buy old ass Mercedes all the time and it's hilarious because they're pieces of shit and not fooling anyone with their 12 year old c-class.

I bought a VW because they were desperate and willing to negotiate due to dieselgate, considered an Audi A3 but I felt like it was pointless buying a low-end luxury car

koreans """"people""" are basically trained animals

>Which one should I get
>This one
>Why because it's a piece of shit
Why even ask the question if you've already made up your mind retard

t. Jap

Because you can only copy designs and mechanical, but the tuning of those parts is still an art, and copycats simply don't have it.

your butt feels does not count man

>Literally best sports car the Asians have come out with that is ACTUALLY AFFORDABLE.
>Evo
>MR2
>not affordable