youtube.com/watch?v=C7NrmvbA0iA
youtube.com/watch?v=cawBXWWgqCI
touringcarracing.net/Pages/1964 BSCC.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

can't upload pictures for shit since they're over 4mb

youtube.com/watch?v=wlgpXjJsRRI

ayyy thats my car!

nice

is there a good place to watch old super touring races?

Where the Vulva 850R at?

lol

maybe piranha community

I was really tempted to get a 90s repmobile (even V6 manuals are cheap af), slam it on the floor and put some stickers on it, but then I stumbled into an Impreza...

There's a pretty good replica bumper for Vectras as well

We outchea

youtube.com/watch?v=Ebdtu9Jar7w

First part of a BBC documentary series, parts 2 and 3 are about the Supertouring era but I'd watch the whole thing if I was you

is this how stance started?

This Thread: The Game

here you have it folks, stance is for racing

watching right now, thanks user

TOCA up to Race Driver 3 were the best touring car games ever released.
Still cant understand why they turned away from everything TOCA and McRae stood for and went on making Dirt (quite literally) and Grid.

Few of my fav vids, there is no modern alternative to those cars, they feel like soap dishes on wheels, everything that happens on the road goes directly to drivers hands or ass, tried to watch modern stuff but for some reason it just doesnt do much for me, this stuff bellow, I can watch it for hours..

youtube.com/watch?v=W0NefrD5H-o
youtube.com/watch?v=9XrRgVuiieM
youtube.com/watch?v=WjJejyOFbu0
youtube.com/watch?v=-HuhwfKuLSg
youtube.com/watch?v=dLq9Oi3_MNg
youtube.com/watch?v=7Z27BKRGncQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xCS7CBcHxtA

In case you own a copy of GTR2 or Race07 (they're almost nothing on steam if you don't), a group of modders working on pic related.

It's a mod that's trying to simulate ALL supertouring championships that ever existed, and I think they're 75% there.
Imho it's pretty nice, comes with all sorts of obscure cars as well.

some early BTCC and some JTCC seasons are still missing, NATCC is only half finished so far (the dodge stratus has been done already), but they're still working on it

gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/t3255-release-super-touring-world-version-1-0

omg ty

How are physics in GTR2 or Race07?
Isnt its kinda of rFactorish, I mean beggars cant be choosers but I am kinda tired of rFactor where its ok'ish till you lose grip then its all goes to unrecoverable shit.

can't wait for dat tasty JTCC ('95 is already in, but '94 and '96 are still in the works)

physics are pretty good imho, and yes it's rfactor based.
I had the same problem, in my case it was down to wheel settings.
try playing around with digital steer rate and speed sensitive steering.
Now I can easily drive even twitchy cars like fwd supertrourers. Get your body ready for a lot of left foot braking.

> in my case it was down to wheel settings
Its, not, you can recover from very shallow drift but rFactor just cant handle it once your car rotate past particular angle.
This is the sole reason we have drift mods with alien physics and why all niels tires have extremely low lateral grip (just to keep the car from rotating by making it slide sideways instead)

Its not only me and I am pretty sure it was hot topic one every rFactor dedicated forum few years back.
But then, its not like we have anything better when it comes to touring cars so might as well check it out, thanks user.

Is this mod differs between GTR2 or Race07?

why does the documentary not mention Audi?

Dirt is getting back to it's origins though. And they didn't completely forgot McRae, they even did a tribute event on the day he died.

>tribute events ever being about anything but self promotion.
Your naivety would be cute if it wasn't so sad.

No supertouring thread without the controversial finale of STW 1999
youtube.com/watch?v=ZsYw0AapFfI

>last lap of the season
>championship contenders Alzen (black opel) and Abt ('10 Audi) are running in 3rd and 4th, Abt would win the championship
>recently lapped driver Asch (grey Opel) caught up to them
>commentators start conspiracy theories about Asch trying to push Abt of to help the fellow opel driver to victory, but decide that sounds more like a movie plot than reality...
>2 corners from the finish line the other Nissen in the other Audi in 2nd position slows down marginally, which could be tactics or maybe the heavier audi is just running out of brakes
>Alzen, in a desperate attempt to get past the Audi into 2nd position, clatters into Nissen's rear end and reks his suspension
>Abt passes both, turns into the last corner as clear winner of the championship
>but previously lapped opel driver Roland Asch rams him of track just a few meters of the line
>commentators can't believe their eyes
>Alzen finishes the race with his damaged car, and wins the championship

The result were later revised and Christian Abt became the last STW champion

Fuckin' Glorious thread, thank you

It wasn't announced anywhere. How could it be self promotion?

How do you know about the event then?

Because I own the game and I played it, dumbass.

So, what you saying is, they organised an event for people and certainly didnt expect news of it to spread anywhere, ever.

Its same shit as events in every game where the event is just an excuse to appear on the gaming news site or mag.

Yeet

>brits have their own racing championship
>americans swoop in and wipe the floor with everything
Why can't the rest of the world compete?

This series was my jam as a little kid watching the tape-delayed races on Speedvision during the cold winter months. Also, there were racemods in Gran Turismo 2 of every BTCC & JTCC car up to the year 200, so...?

Bah, 2000 sorry.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRg5Sp1iQMc

need to have btcc races on the isle of man

european touring cars were highly influential on the aesthetics of the european car modding scene in the 90s

Very much so.

youtube.com/watch?v=C7NrmvbA0iA

Source please.

Some British Ford distributor imported a NASCAR-spec Galaxie and hired Jack Fairman, one of the top Touring & Sportscar drivers of the era, to drive it. Later, a couple of privateers started importing Chevrolet Camaros.

youtube.com/watch?v=cawBXWWgqCI

Pretty sure it was british drivers that first raced galaxies.
>needing a nascar spec galaxie to beat 1 litre minis

Jack Fairman was English. And Jim Clark raced and won in under 2 litre Lotus Cortinas... But yeah, no American driver has won in BTCC.

>classic btcc thread
>opens thread with STW pics

Audi ran in the BTCC for a little bit.

WE /stance/ NAO MUTHAFUCKAHS

The "NASCAR spec" was just a stripped out high compression street car, because NASCAR rules back then, like BTCC, had strict homologation reqs. They didn't really need that much car though, the Galaxies were 10 seconds a lap faster than the Minis on most tracks
touringcarracing.net/Pages/1964 BSCC.html

It's really too bad there are no homologated street car series anymore, it's odd because of the lap time wars, yet there is no actual street car racing series. Would be awesome to see straight out of the dealership GT350s, Z28s, M4s, etc. in a wheel to wheel series.

There's the Continental Tire series in America, but even then their top class is allowing GT4-spec cars to race. And 90's Supertouring cars ended up being full-on race cars by the end.

That's what GT4 is for, give it another 1-2 seasons to catch on in the US.
And there have been Mustangs and Camaros in GT4 before, i'm pretty confident your scenario will actually become reality. (with a bop though)

>Dem Lancia Stratos-Wannabe KTMs

Moar pics.

Does pre-1994 DTM count? They were kind of like the precursors to super-touring cars until Alfa-Romeo ran 4wd in a 155 in 1994 in the same year they fucked up the BTCC with bolt-on aerokits.