Its nearly four years old

Its nearly four years old
rock bottom depreciation when?

Never because fags keep talking about it

Assuming that a car doesn't hit some sort of meme status from a popular movie/TV show/video game/random corner of the internet, the depreciation plateaus when the supply meets the demand somewhere around the 10- to 15-year mark.

It's an even bigger meme car than the AE

You can't afford one anyway

when all the soccermoms get tired of theirs and trade it for a van.

There is one in the new Fast and Furious movie, so we'll see.

Its just going to end up with ricer meme tax anyway whats even the point?

It's already starting to happen. I see a 2 year old model with 28k on Craig list for 13.5

>hop on CL right now
>can find them for $12-$16k
>$26k new
>already down 30-55%
5 more years they will be $5-$6k

had it since it was new in 2013, don't think I'd trade it for anything that's come out since then.

its pretty damn alright.

automatic probably

I laugh at owners of these now, literal rwd corollas.

why the FUCK didnt they give these grunt.

>why the FUCK didnt they give these grunt.

because you're supposed to do it yourself, if you need it?

save a couple grand, have some fun wrenching in the process? I might be talking crazy here.

Are we the vehicle engineers now? do we modify the pillars and aerodynamics also?
Will we know the brakes I am retrofitting wont fail on this particular car because it hasn't gone through 10000hours of testing?

I buy a car that is made the best it can be, not a lego set.

>Are we the vehicle engineers now?

yes we are, and we obviously make the aftermarket parts ourselves dont we, not TRD, essex, eibach, kw, greddy or vortech.

you've never worked on a car, have you.

no cars outside of hypercars are made the best they can be, there is literally nothing wrong with rwd corollas, a set of willwoods (for example) on this will be as reliable as any other willwood set up, and no, you don't have to modify the pillars

We're (well you guys, I do fab work all the time and test it on the track car for safety) just mechanics. Putting on tested parts FROM engineers from various companies. This isn't guam, we aren't building our own turbos out of twine and cardboard.

There is when the little brother 92 MR2 can run rings around it.
Why not option a turbo, srs it's a format that works and is just laze.

>is on a board for auto enthusiasts
>complains about a car BUILT for auto enthusiasts
Kys

its what we've come to. benchracing stock cars based on track times set by proffesional drivers, on tracks we'll never drive on.

I love this place and I'm never leaving.

My friend got one for about $12k, but he traded in a '13 STI hatch and got a ton of equity for it.

He still regrets it

Being fast isn't in the design brief, in fact it was deliberately fitted with economy tyres to keep things slow. It's supposed to be entry level.

that backseat is so useless, it's not fit to hold a gym bag.

I mean I shit post every now and then but when I see people complain about cars like the 86 twins I get triggered. Yea it ain't fast in a straight line but it's a fun little car for what it is and what it can become. Aside from that I enjoy this board more then I should and have learned a lot amongst all the shit threads

Lol your friend deserved it i can't believe people actually do this and not just be content with what decision they've made

it can hold 2 gym bags easily.

another 2-3 in the boot.

t. have fitted a few bags and then some in my BRZ.

>they're built for enthusiasts
>boxer
>slower than a camry
Wew

heh that's the type of post a non enthusiast would make

boxers are present in some of the most iconic sports cars of all time. and they give you the lowest center of gravity of any engine.

how is it slower than a camry anyways?

well he's from Veeky Forums what do you expect.

check out /dbt/. It's a cluster fuck of 5 motorcycle owners and a slew of aussie no car / no bike retards bench racing about which bike is better.

>caring about speed but most likely never gone anywhere near 100mph for more then 2 seconds
>car manufacturer built the car mirroring the driving experience from its home country
Wew lad don't you have a bus to catch?

>that backseat is so useless

If you fold down the seat back you can fit a full set of four tires in the boot.

>proving the backseat is still virtually useless
Atleast my slow as fuck Tc can fit people in the back comfortably

someone actually bought a tc

>Atleast my slow as fuck Tc can fit people in the back comfortably

I guess that means a Lamborghini is inferior to your tC as well, then?

>the only car I have ever driven has been a BRZ so I think it is best car

>not buying a car other then a civic is blasphemy to Veeky Forumstists
I got it used at a great price

>compare my slow as fuck tc back seats which are usable to the fast older sister of my car which has unusable back seats
>comparing Lamborghini to a shitbox Tc and 86 twins
wew

I've driven mostly everything japanese. no interest in german or american stuff though.

just recently I got offered a 2007 cayman in trade for my BRZ, went and tested it. not any faster, no LSD, and very little space overall for being bigger than the BRZ.

my car is easy to work on, has lots of aftermarket, and I can't really justify buying anything newer, more expensive, or older and rotting.

I'll repeat myself, I think its pretty damn alright.

Anyone buying an 86 would still buy one if it was only a two seater. Your argument is stupid. Especially since the extra seat belts lower insurance.

Listen i would buy one, but not for the price they sell them for.

25k? if we're putting stuff into context here, the S2000 was 38k adjusting for inflation. RX8 was about 27k if I remember correctly, too.

and if you're the benchracing kind, you'd have to option the new MX5 out to 32k in order for it to compete with the 86's.

you're not gonna get a new rwd 2700 pound sports car with a diff, for less than 25k, no matter how much you twist and turn on it.

>your argument is stupid
>people would still by the 86 if it was a two seater
Yea Ofcourse because the back seats are FUCKING USELESS
>thinks because I said the back seats are useless I hate the 86 and therefore shitposting about it
Kys you autistic faggot

>Yea Ofcourse because the back seats are FUCKING USELESS

they're fine really.

I tore mine out because I love tearing shit out of cars, but they're perfectly useable for girls, manlets and children.

just dont go stuffing any 7 foot dudes back there.

>buying an 86 with the sole purpose of having it for a family car
Seriously why would someone do that? Girls? Manlets? Children? If you know your gonna use the 86 for that you might as well get a 4 door Camry

>>buying an 86 with the sole purpose of having it for a family car

did I say that?

its not ideal, but the rear seats do work.

So how's the road/wind noise on these? Mainly interested around the 100-130 kph mark. And are they decent DDs otherwise? I want something fun and comfy that wont break the bank (I'm euro so a 6 liter 20 years old AMG is out of the question, not that I'd be stupid enough to get a german car out of warranty)

Also 19k euros for a 30k kilometers used one or 32k for a brand new one (might be able to lower around 1k on both of those tags)? Both manual fully equipped?

>rear seats work
>ripped his out
WEW

>not buying a used faster car

end yourself retarded money wasting aspie

How about a Fiesta ST europoor? Same price range used, 4 doors and faster

>buying a USED fast car
You must enjoy eating your wife's sperm filled cunt after Tyrone is done huh

>40 more HP, 40 more ft/lbs, same weight = not any faster
>has the engine in the middle, and a much higher grade of refinement
>rather have my BRZ
Well you have it here folks, these are the kind of plebs that recommend this shitbox. Happy as pigs in slop.

>car enthusiasts love the car
>you dont

really makes me think

The 4 door STs aren't sold here and the 2door one is just too tiny. Was thinkgen of the FoST instead but I'm not sure I trust an euromade car as much as a jap one

>buying a hunk of metal that will lose value AS SOON as you drive off the fucking lot
You would love new things, much like your 9 year old wife's hymen right Abdul?

>benchracing

Hows the bus ticket treating you fucko?

>So how's the road/wind noise on these?

Significant with the stock tires. Also keep in mind that there is very little sound insulation. There's also a pipe that connects the intake plenum to the passenger footwell. Though you can close this if it bothers you. Not a ton of wind noise. But not a quiet car on the highway.

>can't accept the fact someone is actually content with a car they bought
>voted most likely rides the bus back in highschool
>voted most likely to own a beat up shit civic
>voted most likely to bench race

>caring about the value of your car
>buying used sports cars

enjoy your raped pos

go test drive one first of all.

wind noise isn't bad. used should be fine, they're pretty reliable cars so you probably won't be going back and forth from the dealer.

manual is an absolute requirement

its not my DD, and I use it on track. rear seats also take a whooping 5 minutes to install back in.

I don't need a cheap drag racer

>>same weight

if an extra 120kg is same weight, then sure.

>and a much higher grade of refinement

that VW transmission and a lack of a limited slip differential sure reeks of refinement

the 2004-2007 cayman also has lots of issues with bearings. and a busted one will cost you a pretty penny. interior was also pretty rubbish for a porsche.

trust me, I did research on that car while I was considering the trade. even compared lap times. BRZ was faster in most every respect.

>only reason for not buying a new car is "muh depreciation"
JUST

no, scratch that. its not 120kg heavier than the BRZ. its 175kg heavier.

same weight u guise

Okay my back seat hatred aside, how fun is the car on the track?

>he doesnt need to worry about money because bus passes are pretty cheap
topkek

>buying a sub 160whp pos
>pretend youre happy
>girls/car enthusiasts/men laughing at you
>get raped at every stoplight
>expensive repairs every 1000miles
>get raped at touge by fucking mustangs
>cant even keep up a drift
>still labeled as drift machine

My less expensive 2016 v8 rapes the slowabaru everywhere.

>this_tired_old_meme.jpg

If I think $5 wine is shit and you are a plebe for liking it, it doesn't mean im drinking Bud Lite and am jealous of you.

>these insults

>tfw no one talked about rx8
>rx8s are less than $6k low miles in nc
>mostly cause nu males, highschoolers, and women buy them and don't know what a rotay even is
>"It's a miata coupe mang" every time.
and price just keeps getting lower. its lower than integras, rsx, civics, high mile miatas, and rx7s. can buy clean ones for 2200$

>he needs to worry about money because he has a shit job

toplmao

/pol/ is leaking again

BRZ = 2784lbs to 2835lbs
Cayman = 2886 lbs

Fuck off eurocuck.

You'll be able to get a riced out one for cheap but a non molested example is going to cost you. 98% of them are riced in some way, shape or form so the future is going to suck.

>has resorted to frog posting
>has won worst credit score rating of the year
>has won best cuck of the year
>voted most likely to be living with parents after 25 because all his money goes to repairs
>voted most likely to take a loan out for a USED SPORTS CAR
When you live streaming your suicide?

>has projected like a cuck all throughout this thread
just stop, its pathetic

>a fucking bus

You said it right there. The problem with them is that nobody wants to be seen in one.

Can you imagine hitting it off with a girl then taking her back to the parking lot and asking her to get into an RX-8? It's going to give her the weirdo/weeb vibe hardcore.

BRZ = 2,624–2,862 lb

>just stop, its pathetic
wow, just wow!

no V8s in europe m8

>this bad at shitposting
Try harder bus rider

you do lots of steering with the throttle. clutch is also really fun to kick. steering isn't gokart by any means, but its as direct and quick as you're gonna get it. seating is superb and the pillars are never in your way.

once you start working on the car, letting it breathe more efficiently and vent exhaust, the sluggishness from factory disappears instantly.

chassis is pretty solid too, so you can experiment with lots of different tires and really get a good feel for what they do.

car does need new brake pads for track though, more than anything else.

cayman weighs 2,954 lb according to porsche themselves. trust me, I did the research and I still got my BRZ.

those BRZ figures are also for the automatic. my reggo papers say 1170kg, around 2600 pounds. and that was before I stripped the back, which is something you can't exactly do on a cayman either.

Holy shit is that a CAI?! Aren't you worried the car is too powerful now? Can you even give it full throttle without the car doing a wheelie and flipping over backwards?

>just stop, it's pathetic
>can't accept the fact there's a better car then his clapped out civic
JUST

wew lad

>I buy a car that is made the best it can be, not a lego set.

If you don't know how to wrench (your statement so indicates) then don't wrench. Very simple and someone has to buy the new ones to feed the used market.

What's the matter Mohammed? Hurt your feelings? Go to for a safespace

>Veeky Forums slaps their dicks about this car
>the average Veeky Forums shitbox is slower

wat

with a new catback and at 2500 pounds its perfectly good for me.

honda S2000 power in a car that weighs a whole american less.

>tfw even a clapped out shitbox is better than riding on a bus
Well on the bright side at least your fat frame will take up 3 seats so you wont have to share with anyone!

>youll never be this jealous

It's good not to be a subhuman ape

>and that was before I stripped the back
So you made it more front heavy, why would you do this?

>the FRS is only for pro vape tuner mechanics, not casuals
>check out my CAI and bolt on cat back, my car is basically a race car now

well considering it didn't work for people i knew 2 yrs back in hs for getting girls and accords/brotrucks/jettas allways got women
bmw drivers got made fun of by all but black women
rx8 and mustangs people payed attention to but they were looked at the same way as people that bring corvettes to college. most people here know debt and the fag getting a mostly new sports car is going to be in massive debt soon.
culture ive seen in waketech and clayton nc so far.

RX8 are so cheap because they're turds and no one wants the responsibility of maintaining them. Apex seals also have to be replaced every 80k miles which costs about as much as the car itself.

I seriously have a hard time believing anyone would actually buy a brz/frz without any buyers remorse.

>confirms he drives a clapped out civic
>confirms he's THIS assmad over a better car
STAY BTFO

>bench racing 2 cars he's never driven before
Lol go get a drivers liscense

apex seals aren't very hard to replace your self.

>getting this defensive about lap times

>fwd

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K