ITT : Mad Idea Thread

Post your ideas on how to make a car more awesome. Like giving specs to cars which it don't have.

Other urls found in this thread:

hankookmotorsport.com/productdetails.asp?id=1
youtube.com/watch?v=QMT6q-tEzsk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll start.

GT86
>AWD system not like haldex
>Engine from the Z06

1994 Honda Civic HX with a billion horsepower.

>this thread is dumb

Get a totally stock car and follow regular maintenance with quality parts according to the very smart engineers which designed it.

Twingo with a biturbo 20b rotary

Putting these on just about anything.

hankookmotorsport.com/productdetails.asp?id=1

>mfw these are going for 149.99 right now and they fit the wheels I'm looking at getting.

It would just bee pig fat then
A turbo would sufice
Or turbo awd subaru style

l'll do my own car: Celica T-sport with the 2ZZ-GE engine.

>AWD to replace FWD
>Gearbox with slightly shorter ratios to stay in dat lift better

...and it will still be a small FWD sedan and people in real cars won't take you seriously.

Fit pp 20b.

mad active aero with 20 elements

impossibiru

That's as much as 27 space shuttles, excluding solid fuel boosters.

youtube.com/watch?v=QMT6q-tEzsk

An engine from the GT in the F150 will be goddamn crazy as hell.

Madness, but they should do it. I'd like to see the engine from the old GT in a small ute-sized F-150 or in an AU falcon sedan.

Rotaries everywhere...

>Take BRZ & GT86
>Give Subaru symmetrical AWD
>Give a fancy turbo & bits from Impreza with top mount intercooler
>Adjust styling on bonnet; BRZ to have bonnet scoop, 86 to have vent.
>Give big bench wing as available on the Aero package
>Give singular, fat exhaust
>Give branded performance alloys with wider, grippier tires
>Has at least 350hp
>Able to do 0-60 in Brand GT86 as 86 GT-Four, brand BRZ as BRZ WRX
>Enter modified versions of them both into Global Rallycross under generic energy drink sponsor
>Watch as they fly out of dealerships and are actually somewhat good
>Watch as vaping stancefags ruin them, but then ruin themselves wrapping them around trees.

>Subaru Impreza G3 WRX STI hatchback
>fit Subaru FA20 engine, turbocharged etc like the current WRX, just with more power

>less fuel consumption and a more modern engine while having the more compact and aesthetic hatchback

E24 with the 6 liter v12 biturbbo from the 760li

Holy shit you fucking madman.

That seems more cooler. In like a Ford Ranger.

1.6 short stroke 12k rpm variable turbo 280-300 HP engine

Twin turbo LSX in a Suzuki Cappuccino

I would like to see this.

Would be out of balance with a heavy engine like that.

all the Toyobaru needs is a supercharger and better wheels/tires as the GT-S trim

GT-S 86 I guess

>W126
>V12
Done.

Subaru has never used a Haldex type AWD system anyways.

>heavy
>pushrod aluminium V8
Pick one

the engine and transmission (for rwd) alone would add over 100 lbs

the awd would add a shit ton

so yeah itd be a pigfat shitbox

I secretly want Toyota to take the GT86, and put the engine and hybrid system from a GS450h in it.

>three rotors
>two turbos
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Engineers may be smart, but they're restricted by environmental agencies, accountants, production factors etc. Their products are usually not the best for an enthousiast.

>several hundred lbs
>mattering when you double or triple stock HP
Pick one.

Current WRX STI makes 310hp. 350 out of a factory turbo FA20 is expecting too much.

FORCE FIELD FORCE FIELD

What the fuck is wrong with you?

>muh hp

weight is weight

youll feel it everywhere benchracer

That'll be cool but isn't engine in the Z06 bigger in size and the hood on this Gt86 must be changed in size?

With enough budget to slam a 16K engine into a 30K car, you've got plenty of wiggle room to also reduce weight.

If you used a GTR style layout with the gearbox at the back and the LS7 pushed right back it would probably have a better balance than the stock 86, which has the (overweight) engine mounted about a foot further forwards than neccessary.

>>Engine from the Z06
Why would you want to use an engine that blows up before 1k

>Engineers may be smart, but they're restricted by environmental agencies, accountants, production factors etc. Their products are usually not the best for an enthousiast.
This. But I'm adding. I have a friend who works as a designer for Toyota right in California. He personally doesn't like how the current design language is. He has shown me some confidential sketches and everything he and his co-workers do are absolute creative and good looking to the eyes. Then at the end, the laws and stuff comes in and then it fucks up the final design.

He also has said Toyota experiments designs by just putting up them for production and not a single concept. To put things into the perspective, the new Prius looks like an "alien's butthole" according to him and to many. The heads don't care most of the times too.

why would that happen

>corey

Not the engine's fault, Corvette Z06 simply doesn't have enough cooling. You can fix that while you're swapping it.

Because gm is shit
>6 miles

86 twin with 6 cylinder boxer and stock turbo

>He has shown me some confidential sketches
Has he shown the new Supra's final production design?

The hood on the GT86 is pretty big to accommodate the Z06's engine. I've seen Ls1s in it duh

Fd rx7
S2000 engine
Perfect car?

>burns even more oil now
Wonderful

He has shown me lots of initial idea sketches(though many are on the internet there are many which aren't) of it but not the production ones.

>FD RX7
>2.3 DISI Turbo
Keepin' it in the family!

fog machine and neon underglow rigged to the bottom of the car so I look cool coming out of my garage or at red lights

A ct200h with the power train of an rc-f, larger brakes, wheels, fender flares, more aero, and electronic adaptive suspension. Then call it a ct200 f-sport

>A ct200h with the power train of an rc-f
Wouldn't fit. Try fitting a longitudinal V8 in a transverse FWD I4 engine bay.

>all it a ct200 f-sport
As per current Lexus nomenclature, a souped up CT would be the CT F. The CT200 F-sport already exists, and it's just a regular one with some fancy looking bodywork and tarted up interior.

RX7 FD
30 rotors

>I felt a great disturbance through my shifter, as if millions of apex seals suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Didn't even think about looking into that.I can now imagine the engine poking through the firewall. If we're worried about it actually working then the fa20f would likely fit in the engine bay, and it looks like Lexus placed the battery pack where the transmission well would be so with that ditched an awd transmission and driveshaft could clear. I don't know how the rear looks from underneath, but sacrifice some space for the spare tire well and a diff and axles might clear as well. And the CT F does sound a lot better.