/gowg/ - Gears of War General #17

Diamond Players Only Edition

Welcome to Gears of War general. Here we discuss all things Gears related, including the games, expanded universe, state of the franchise and more.

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Gears of War 4 is available in stores now

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GearsofWar/status/790985303683112960
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for escalation is dogshit

nth for anime

welp thread is dead time for suicide

>See two scouts on my team
>"Oh great, I guess we can expect tons of money"
>They rarely collect money, always stick together on the other side, not realizing it only makes it hard for them to collect money on my side during waves.

The class system was a mistake.

Gotta invite randos to party chat man. If I get some 60IQ idiot joining my party I know not to waste my time

I just woke up

even worse
>scout that doesn't collect the money at all

stop playing horde pubs

most of us don't have a choice

but why

So I haven't played Gears since Judgement (which was poor). I loved Gears 1-3, with my favourite multiplayer experience being Gears 2.

I'm tempted to buy a One just to get Gears 4 for its multiplayer. Is it worth it? Will it take me back to the good ol' days?

Chill family, /gowg/ playing horde together is comfy though.

yes. it's fun!

I have no choice.

Red here.
Going to look for the 130 count totinos today

If you can get me a code, I'd trade you all the Rockstar skins for one.

Shut up thief.

>Someone brings up topic in Discord
>They talk with it with other anons for a bit
>Orwell comes storming in, writing a novel refuting every point they talked about
>He gets called out to calm down
>"I don't even care about the topic to be honest"

What the fuck?

For a person who hadn't even beat the trilogy's story, why is he always on a fucking high horse when he's fucking shit in MP, he thinks that the BC versions of GoW are inferior to the shit frame-rates of the 360 versions and that UE is worse than GoW1.

He should go back to /hg/.

Good morning /gowg/!

Reminder that if you preactive with the Hammerburst you're scum

Lewd, how come your mic is so fucking loud?

Also why do you play with sound coming out of your monitor? Every time in Horde I can just mute my game cause you have it up so loud.

Well that's good to hear.

Any major changes that I should be aware of? I mean things like changes to classic weapons

I actually do use a headset when I play horde. I don't know why people can hear what I head.

>Not using the best weapon in your arsenal.
I bet you run with your shotgun from spawn and use an Enforcer.

This.
Hammerburst was trash in gears 2 and 3 but it has returned to its burst fire glory

Why isn't hammerburst a pickup weapon instead of a starter weapon across all modes?

HB was great in GoW2, i got to level 100 only using it without touching the gnasher/lancer. Then it got nerfed to hell in 3 and boring to use in 4.

Anyone up for Insane Horde?

I just bought this console for this game.
Its been great so far.
It is the definitely the smoothest gears game and I feel like the shotgun is similar to gears 2 in that the Gnasher sponges like crazy lol

I guess I am. Lewd Variable. I will try and fix my headset mic while I am at it.

Orwells a loser dude, you know you took his bargain bin bait right?

Takes a special kind of autism to troll for your main source of entertainment. Just ignore him

It was still alright in 2.
In 3 it was pretty trash

Everyone in /hg/ shunned him because he was constantly sucking 3v4i cock; he has to poast user there now!

your evil copy

check discord. They will be gone for like ten minutes before they can play so give it a bit

No, I usually try to contest big power weapons with my lancer and give teammates cover fire. I switch to gnasher when I have to, but I also prefer using the boltok. Gnashitters are annoying but the hammerburst is fucking ludicrous

4/5 for insane horde

get in here gowg

Wait a sec, wasn't I supposed to receive Gears UE-3 if I bought gears 4?
I didn't get jack shit!

You get gears 1 BACK COMPAT, 2,3, judgement

>some gnasher rusher sends me a message middle of the match
>ignore it, end up winning the KOTH 2-0
>"u r bad"
>blocked me instantly
>mfw I killed him 2 times and 2 of his teammates with one Tri-Shot while covering my team's ring

Hoo baby

Yeah I did. Told them that their system is pathetic, rubbish and gives me no incentive to play the game. I like to level up and get rewarded for it.

Gt: Seikari

I actually think their system is the best it could be now that they have improved credit rate.

>"WAAAH STOP THIEVING!!!!"

They still haven't hit alaska. Any chance I can get a guaranteed code somehow?

when do they ship the free gears 1-3 codes
i have retarded friends that I need to give these too

I will see what I can find.

Thanks for even thinking it about it man

>2v5 because quitters
>enemy team takes all power weapons, uses preactives, and swarms me or other guy the second we are seen
>constant spotting so they can gangfuck us

Really makes me think

M8, I've had too many games where people think they can come back from such a deficit and drag the game out like crazy. You must crush your enemy not only into physical, but also mental submission

Sure thing Stalin.

I mean, three of our teammates bailed and that shit's outside of our control. I know how much it blows dick so when it happens to the other team I usually just play passively and cap rings, don't go out of my way to suck their blood

>KotH match
>get spawned on the complete opposite side of the map from where the ring is while the enemy already has it

wow that's real fucking fair

why does this happen so often? it's especially bad on Impact

>Titanfall 2 getts better scores despite the reviews saying verbatim the same things said about Gears 4

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

To be honest, I'm glad it's getting great scores, the team behind it are fucking great guys.

>reviewers are massive retards and shitters
tell me something we don't know
also
>gears 4 is too much like gears 3
what the fuck is wrong with these mongoloids

Anyone playing horde

I just told them in the survey to bump common cards to 10 scrap instead of 5.
I think if they change that it'll be easier to craft skills and skins wanted.
5 is way too low.

Actually thats ok.

>nerfed to hell in 3

You're so full of shit it's nuts.

Just got the game on my Xbox. Anyone wanna play? gonna be shit because of low frames and a controller but it's whatever

>smaller magazine size
>reduced damage and rate of fire
>useless iron sights
>slower perfect reload
>not nerfed

>gonna be shit because of controller

Think you're just shit lmao

Controller is better than on KBM imo, and I'm in Diamond on PC, using just a controller.

Hamerbust fire is like in Gears 1, no more hammer of dawn to pick up, retro lancer is no longer a cq weapon

>incredible stopping power
>easy as shit to aim in and out of iron sights (which are anything but useless)
>massive damage

A team full of Hammerburst vs. a team full of Lancer the team with HB wins everytime.

What's the best mapping for wall bouncing with a controller?

Jesus /gowg/ stack can not lose with andy behind the energy wheel.

scout is ez

According to orwell it's using both your controller and mouse at the same time.

Default controls, play Claw to wallbounce with A, or use Tournament.

25-25-22 Sensitivity.

>orwell

Opinion discarded.

>Haloween approaches. #GearsofWar4

twitter.com/GearsofWar/status/790985303683112960

Hype?

Pumpkin heads again?

I'm perfectly okay with zombie locusts. Let it be true

hit me up for some insane horde

GT?

Tournament seems to work best for me. Can't do that claw shit. What do you have your acceleration/dead zones set to?

I'm hoping for some Horde-related stuff like more enemies, lambent or whatever. It'll probably be just cosmetic stuff though, like everyone using pumpkin heads or limited skins added to gear packs.

>Using somebody else's settings instead of finding your own

I'm sure they'll have a 10 dollar Halloween pack that you'll be able to buy. Everyone will be fucking zombie JD.
>start match
>BRAINSBRAINSBRAINSBRAINSVRAINSBRAINSBRAINS

I find the best way to learn is to learn from others. of course I do not think that 25 sensitivity is going to be doable. I'm going from 177+ FPS on PC to 30 FPS on console and changing control scheme. It's going to take some time to get used to. Therefore I appreciate any advice anons are willing to gib.

I play with 25-25-22 on both PC @144Hz and on console MP at 60.

I don't understand how you get 60 FPS on console. Is there a trick to this? Do I need a newer generation Xbox? Game would be much more playable at 60 FPS tbqhbbqfam.

What?

MP on Xbone is 60.

It's 30 on Campaign and Horde, which is why I play MP on Xbone cause it can actually find me Escalation games.

I play Horde and Campaign on PC to play on Max settings and the 144Hz

versus is 60fps
campaign and horde are 30fps

>30 FPS on horde

Ahhh that's where I fucked up. I played horde for a minute to get used to the controller scheme. Didn't realize multi-player would be 60. Okay thanks user I appreciate it.

Stick movement and mouse aiming is objectively superior.

Fuck shock grenades. Seriously.

Elite pack or other things

but they're fun

horde

spam horde packs

Either the team lets you pick up the energy or they don't.

BAZZ if youre here how long have you been playing claw and how long does it take to get used to

i signed up and entered my tostinos code and never got an email. does it take a long time or is it brokeN?

Played with it since Gears 3, it's pretty easy to get used to, people say it hurts your fingers, but that was never an issue for me.

really makes a difference? or is viable play without wallbounce

You can play without claw, but when you wallbounce you can't really do it as fast and aim & shoot while you're bouncing.

Yeah I didn't receive any codes or anything in my box?