Why do you guys hate Rams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XlUm9xusXRo
youtube.com/watch?v=6Wb66PzljP8
youtube.com/watch?v=iqVzEsQ63eM
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/v/class-summary/large-pickups
youtu.be/_V5WGkRZQOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ram and Jeep are some of the best FCA cars made.

>in before the quality control.

Ram 1500 is expensive, but I love the air suspension and V8.

All Ram needs in the lineup is a dead sexy unibody compact truck and a turbo v6.

I love the 2500 and 3500 diesel

the 1500 rebel is cool too

I've never heard anyone say they're reliable (as in the last a great many miles without much in the way of maintenance costs/ parts breaking).

Because a lot of Ford Fangirls and GM cuckes hate the fact that their ugly ass boxy trucks can never be FAST, TOUGH or STRONGER than the almighty RAM 1500. Besides bitches love Rams, only cocksucking faggots love muh ehf-150 & chebby Shitverado

They tend to rot, but other than that and the stock automatic trans they are really strong trucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=XlUm9xusXRo
enjoy having your legs amputated

youtube.com/watch?v=6Wb66PzljP8

The new Ford's are stronger at minor overlap tests because Ford drivers are fucking dumb enough to be crashing into shit all the time.

Picture is a Chevy... I towed it, dude fell asleep and drove into the ditch.

Seriously, in real world, the Ford and Chevy's are usually worse off.... I'd like to see the IIHS test the heavier trucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=iqVzEsQ63eM

Older RAM did better Haha.

There was one where two semis sandwiched a Silverado, leaving it very disfigured.

RUSTY
U
S
T
Y

the 3.5 ecoboost has more horsepower and torque than the 5.7 hemi.

Best part about that Chevy.. dude walked away... bruised shoulder, and a cut on his eyebrow.

This car though... hospital... much worse off.

Replace the turbo every 70k Miles though... like clockwork.

The Ram is a nice looking truck with a great Diesel engine.

Everything else about them is complete shit.

Front suspension components especially have a rigidity/durability of string cheese.

The Cummin's motor alone makes it worth buying.

But yeah, the rest of the truck is fairly crap.

Just get it undercoated every year, and it won't rust into nothing.

Not the whole truck at least

Because in a few winters they look like this.

I live in mid California, and my ram is fucking fine.
240k and all I had to do was replace half the fucking engine, and in its past life it probably had 3 transmissions already and it's working on its 4th or so.
Otherwise, the interior is fine, windows work, paint is still good.

all the creature comforts that usually go to shit on lesser debt does or just lesser cars are completely fine on the rams.

Lesser dodges*

Anyone here own an ecodiesel? If so, do you like it?

Do a little research if your interested in one. Their greatest ability seems to be exploding.

>240k
>Half engine replaced
>Gone through 4 transmissions already

That's pretty shit m8

That's the old overlap test, they created another type of overlap test to justify their jobs.

Because only one out of ten people who uses Rams actually use their blinkers.

Because ram started the "muh big truck needs a big grill" fad

Grills are needed for cooling user. Also they haven't changed their design style since the early 90's

This. Preferably an FWD truck I don't like RWD it snakes on the highway.

>Ram 1500 is expensive, but I love the air suspension and V8.
My dad gave me one with that almost rare orange paint job and I really love it.

Well the turbo Ford of that era would have gone through 2 egt systems, an engine, two turbos...

>four doors
>short bed
Why not just get a minivan? You're cucked either way.

Saw one on the street today, looked pretty cool.

>needing a whole lot of stuff at the back when you can just hook a trailer
Easier parking done 365 days a year is better than hauling just a bit more stuff for 1-2 days a year.

Because chrysler is simply trash

Dealing with and backing up trailers is a pain in the dick. I shouldn't need a trailer to haul a couple dirt bikes every weekend.

Guys I don't know what to do. I have a 99 ram laramie that I bought a few years ago, with leather and the 5.9 magnum. It's starting to burn oil, presumably through the plenum gasket. The a/c compressor is getting hella noisy, so I gotta replace it soon. although overall the truck is in pretty good condition with only 140k miles (bought it from some old lady, the dash isn't even disintegrated like most of this era) there are a few minor annoyances that are beginning to bother me: cracked plastics, no map lights, overhead console thing keeps falling down, cupholder hinges falling off, a missing trim piece..

Meanwhile: I'm coming into a bit of money, and there's a RAM Laramie 2016 on sale loaded out for pretty cheap. I'm sure I could get them a little below 40k. Should I trade? Or drop a few grand fixing up my old workhorse instead? Mine's an extended cab so I'd be losing bed space with the new crew cab, but it also gets better gas mileage and has a lot of convenient features (that'll probably end up breaking anyway).

Leaning towards keeping the old one, I guess I'm just looking for validation at this point.

its not that hard

Get Gud

i own 1500 2016 sport, its fast as fuk

>wants fwd and unibody
>not buying the ridgeline
>i shiggy diggy

spray vegetable oil on the underside of the wheel well every fall

1500 or 2500? get the 2500 laramie its very comfy

T r u e
r
u
e

Literally can't catch a 2010 or before without this, here.

As an insurance adjuster: they're unsafe as fuck. Yeah they look better than other trucks by a wide margin, but I'm not risking my life in a collision if I can help it.

Last good ram
pic related

unsafe

youre talking about trucks here.,..its still safer than most if not all cars just because its higher off ground in basic collisions

You're right, in most collisions you would fair better than most other vehicles. But when it counts, I want something that doesn't fold in on itself. The ram scored poor and marginal in IIHS tests, fuck that truck.

1500, can't afford a 2500 atm though a 6.4 gasser would be sweet. Guess I should mention the '16 is a 5.7 hemi.

why do you have to lie?
iihs.org/iihs/ratings/v/class-summary/large-pickups

ive got the sport, its a trim level under yours and seems to have way more than plenty interior goodies

depends what you want though - i only need a quad cab since im single 22yo no kids

youtu.be/_V5WGkRZQOU

1:45 is where they mention the Rams poor structural rating. Your truck will kill your family.

Have 2012 1500 hemi since2013
Only thing that's bad was the header bolts under warranty and the tranny lines are starting to leak

I have a 2003 1500 with almost 300k miles and runs fine. Wish I woulda bought a GMC tho

is getting 2000 dodge dakota is good idea ?

Not when properly rinsed off so the salt doesn't collect in the gutters, fenders, and other spots behind the door seals.

ram was the first truck manufacturer to put plastic wheel well liners because of the rot. you will NOT see any rust in that spot on like 2009+ trucks. i believe chevy just started going this in 2015

>Why do you guys hate Rams?
Because I don't

Looks like the IIHS is back at shilling for Ford

My 2008 1500 has 100k miles and no problems. Which may not be a ton, but still not a tiny amount. My dad's 2013 with 150k just had to get the AC rebuild but thats it

Good thing I dont have winters

Why not both?

Ive got a 2012 5.7l basic bitch st 2wd model. I like it alot. No mechanical problems so far.

i love the dodge ram 50/mighty max.

My 05 1500. 400K on it, engine has never had the heads off it. Only thing wrong with it was the rust.

Now my 05 1500, already starting to go the same way.

Whoops, *95

>They tend to rot
>RUSTY
>U
>S
>T
>Y
>Just get it undercoated every year, and it won't rust into nothing.
>spray vegetable oil on the underside of the wheel well every fall
>AND they're lethal in any kinda accident?

Is it any wonder the US car industry is becomeing extinct FAST?

Once the world's greatest - now Detroit is a nigger-infested wasteland.

All because you dumb bastards can't even build primitive pickup trucks with the faintest trace of solidity or quality.

Wake up you dumb bastards: you're being cucked by 3rd world countries like Korea FFS! We went the same way and now the fucking Chinese own us!

Canada...?

Don't use my truck as an example in your shitpost you twat. I live in fucking Minnesota, where there's more salt in the winter than actual road.

It's not a real truck. It's for wannabe tough guy faggots

Tfw live in tropical country
>wat is snow
>wat is salt on roads
Feels good

nah
>britbongistan

>not beanered out or trashed by a redneck
now that's what i'm talking about