Why does Veeky Forums hate the S2000?

why does Veeky Forums hate the S2000?

I dont get it

We don't though

Nobody does

bigger question is why doesnt honda make something similar currently?

no power until a billion RPM

Because the toyobaru flopped

Not really. Ausfags love the Toyobaru. For it's small market I've seen quite a few around my hick town.

I do.
I worked for honda when they came out and was there for the ap2 as well.
Snap over steer is bad in the ap1. The ap2 got boring.

you just dont know how to drive you munter.

Funny because at the time i owned a turbo mr2 and never had issues with snapover
But im sure youll say i still dont know how to drive.

I'd be embarrassed to drive that

Most people are embarrassed to be seen in public with you.

>Ausfags
A small country of drunken idiots.

Your country has the same population as Shanghai. Nobody gives a fuck about your tiny national market.

its the car that got me into stance so its aight in my book

I feel like nissan and honda are not making anything great right now.

This. It's sad to say but it's true.
Civic seems like the best Honda is putting out right now..
Acura NSX aside

Because it's a rear wheel drive Honda
And since it's made by Honda people get Ass pained that it can stop Miatas 240s frs brz and all the other cars these kids like.
Same for the miata same for your toyobaru same for almost every car

The GTR is an objectively great car. A performance icon.
But besides that no, neither are making anything great and the GTR is not a big volume seller, and there's nothing much for the pleb end of the market (i.e us)

I see a shitton of FRS/BRZs on the road on a regular basis. I don't see how you could consider a popular car a flop.

>implying ppl hate the s2000
riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

because Veeky Forums hates every car

It's the only car 'community' that hates cars

That's just how Veeky Forums in general rolls. /g/ hates every OS or piece of hardware, /v/ hates every video game ever made, /mu/ hates every album, etc etc etc

It's what happens when you have a message board where the vast majority of posters are miserable people.

I've seen a good few in NYC.

Former owner, miss my bone stock AP1 immensely.

>Stanced S2000
Fuck off and never come back.

There's no bigger waste than impairing a sports car to make it stand out in such a poser scene.

To be fair every other car community hates cars as well so long as its not the chosen make or model for the board.

That's clean

R8

>hurrrrrrrrrrstance ruins cars

Only if you track them. Do you track your car user?

what a terrible place

I track your mum everyday

So no.

It doesn't. Miatafags/regularfurreviewfags think the S2000 encroaches on the Fagiata's """godliness""".

That, and the fact that S2000s tend to be riced or stanced and overpriced as fuck, and especially hard to find stock.

That's right.

Still, it's painful to see this.

>implying your mother isnt a car because of how many people she gives a ride

Bus, user. Buses give people rides.

I disagree.

I own an s2000. It's a 15k 10-15 year old Honda. What the fuck would you like to see done with them? All of them ruined on the track or stock?

I suppose you ignorant ass forgot that tracking a car literally ruins it for street use?

That s2k in front of the rainbow wall is mine btw. Monday I'm dropping if another 1.5 inches and setting -2 front -2.5 rear camber

Because they cost $40k for a Honda.

>tracking a car literally ruins it for street use?

you could literally track it like you bought it straight from the dealership in 2002 you silly nigger do you really think you need to gut and cage a car and put it on 1000lb spring rates to do a hpde

The only good looking one here

Listen up you ultra nigger.

Do you think hpde or autoX is the same as tracking a car? Did you forget the safety requirements? Did you forget that track suspension setting are awful on the road? Did you forget that that tracking your car causes huge wear? Did you forget that tracking a car burns tires faster than stance? Did you forget that tracking a car risks crashing out/getting hit and having no insurance? Etc etf etc

Track cars aren't street cars dumb fuck. AutoX with your Miata once doesn't make it a fucking track car.

Once a car is a "track car" it is LITERALLLY ruined for all future street use. But how would I expect a bus riding chode smoker to know that...

Thanks m8

I'm very important and fuck girls you watch in movies. That car is a poser mobile.

ayyy i saw u going the wrong way on kirby and almost get rekt by that tahoe

>almost get rekt

Not even close senpai. Nothing wrong with driving thru oncoming traffic.

That was me tho lol

>Did you forget that track suspension setting are awful on the road?

A good suspension will be compliant on and off the track. What's the difference between hopping off a curb at 100mph and hitting a pothole/road imperfection at 50mph? Spend money on properly valved shocks and you'll get both high spring rates AND compliance (sometimes even a better ride than stock).

>Did you forget that tracking a car burns tires faster than stance
>Did you forget that that tracking your car causes huge wear?

Yeah absolutely no suspension wear to your car's joints (likely binding from the angles they're held at) and bushings (stretched from not being properly clocked for the extreme change rideheight) having it crabwalk down the road and having zero suspension travel and high spring rates on cheap coilovers to avoid rubbing tires against your fender liners/control arms never mind the absolutely fucked toe settings most stance cars get that see them going through $50 Achillies/Linglong tires every thousand miles nope no tire wear there oh yeah lets not even touch on not having the full contact patch of the tire on the fucking road so it doesn't even stop as quick as it did originally yeah no that's perfectly fine

You're thinking of spec racing where you need to cage the car, run 4-point harnesses and fixed back seats, strip it to reach a minimum weight w/driver and fluids, install a fire suppression system, disable airbags, and run a specific tire/tire compound for the series.

Your a fucking moron who has never tracked a car.

Track settings on your suspension are stupid fucking hard. Unless you want to go and dial them hard and soft all the time they suck ass on th road. Which also means you NEED good coils.

I don't even know what your point was with the stance shit. Most "stances s2000 run +35 offset which requires -2 to -3 camber to clear just fine. That doesn't magically cripple the suspension or anything. I'm most wheel sizes the contact patch is still larger than stock. And in any case if you can't afford tired every 5-10k don't buy a sports car fgt.

As to the last part I know excactly what is required of a "track" car. Like I said occasionally playing around at an autoX with your car doesn't make it a ducking trackcar.

tldr: "stance" fucks tires not cars
Tracks fuck both

Holy fuck my posts on mobile are sloppy as all fuck

Also pls explain to me how you rub a wheel against a control arm you poser faggot.

IDK i take my lunchbox to the track occasionally straight after work and it's pretty fine

>Thinks running -2 degrees of camber and a mild drop means his car is low

Poser lmao.

My point exactly cock sucker.

A "stanced" s2000 is pretty mild in most cases.

There are of course custom jobs with pulled fenders and shit, but most dropped s2k isn't even that dtanced

Basically this.

If you want to talk about something genuinely, find a general board or shit post about something relating to it and then either samefag (like a faggot) or argue with someone until you get to your topic of choice.

Yup.......yup.

I'm more than likely wrong. Fuck you.

>take my car after work

If you drive it to a track after work:

1. Where do you live?
2. It's not a track car

>
>>Stanced S2000
>Fuck off and never come back.
>
>There's no bigger waste than impairing a sports car to make it stand out in such a poser scene.

Mostly right. This comes second only after the oxygen you breathe

Just like the blowjobs you give

I just cannot wrap my head around the stance kills cars meme...

I mean... How?

Unless you go FULL RETARD "stance" boils down to coilovers set low, moderately stretched tires, a fair amount of camber.

Potential damage from a reasonable "stance car"

Scraped bumper, fast tire wear?

Now going FULL RETARD is entirely different of course

>It's what happens when you have a message board where the vast majority of posters are miserable people.

>user of great truth and wisdom detected.

4 chan is 49% bullied schoolchildren trying so hard to be edgelords and 49% obese permavigin fedora neckbeard busriders.

The other 2% are rapidly passing-thru in horror and dismay like an Indian meal...

Can we have a serious discussion about the Miata versus the S2000? I am seriously considering picking up a sporty little RWD car to whip around the back streets here and I don't know which choice would be better suited. I would like to do some track days as well with the vehicle at some point.

Miata if your poor and okay with being seen in a gay car
S2000 if you can afford it

S2000>Miata any day of the week

>camber
>the weight of the car is resting on the inside of the wheels
>literally pulling the wheel hub out instead of resting on it squarely

it's not terrible but it's the auto equivalent of anorexia. yeah you might be trendy and fashionable but that shit isn't good in the long run

I hope you rip off your oil pan