augusta.craigslist.org/cto/5766436327.html
consumerreports.org/cars/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/
vid.me/6ayR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rate my fart can
youtube.com/watch?v=UGUozvzrntk

>p0505

Anyone dealt with this code before?

Why are these threads so empty lately? They used to be full a few days ago.

Not a clue man, maybe everyone sold their BMW?

How much of a mistake would it be to get an old 7?

Only if you can wrench.

If you can't, then any old car is a mistake

I can wrench a little but nothing extreme. I'm talking an older 7 though like maybe a E32 with the M30 engine, not something I know will be trouble like an E38 or the E65.

Doesn't really matter since the older it gets the more age takes it's toll. Mostly rubber parts being the problem but that's involved in almost everything on a car.

And most of the replacement parts are nowhere near the quality of the originals unless you're paying a fortune for New, Old Stock stuff.

Rubbers aren't too bad to replace, I've done a little on my current car. I've got a few replacements from BMW themselves but not hoses since there are some decent hoses around.

By "rubber" I was meaning everything from seals bushings, steering lines, etc. Hoses and belts are of course easy.

You got time and space to tear down front and rear suspensions? How about dropping a tranny to replace a rear main seal that's turned to something resembling obsidian due to age and dump a few liters of oil every time you start the car? Power steering lines with hose portions that shrank due to age and now leak like hell? Same with a/c lines. Rear differential pinion seal? Axle shaft seals? Saying "seal" makes it sound easy but often access is a real bitch.

The E23 has the same engine, but has less electrical BS. Most everything is shared with the E28.

>mfw taking apart the front suspension on my e36 and brute forcing the factory red loctite'd suspension bolts

i thought cotter pins were bad

fuck you bmw

I think you're exaggerating the amount of work required. If he's buying a project of poorly maintained one, absolutely it will require all that and more but if it's one that's still been on the road and cared for, it should be pretty fine.

What do you guys think of 1 series? Have a not bad deal on a 118 for muh fiance, around 170k km and 2007.

One of my parents friends has a 128 that I had the chance to drive. Nice car, pretty small but thats pretty much the whole point of the car.

Hello BMW, Iwas wondering if you guys could help me out: I have a 1999 bmw 323 i with a strange issue. When you lock the car, it will only give an audiovisual feedback if you open and close the front passenger door. If you turn on the car, turn it back off, without even opening the door, it will no longer give feedbakc until you open and close the door again. Any ideas why this happens?

latest pic is bit shitty

Hey guys, I'm really torn between purchasing a 230i or an A5. At first, I really wanted a manual car with AWD, as I do live in the Midwest (lots of snow 5-6 months of the year). The A5 fits this perfectly as it offers a manual option with its standard Audi Quatto. With the 230i however, you cannot for some reason get a manual version with xDrive. So in this scenario the A5 is more appealing to me.

However, the 230i is a bit more powerful than the A5, a good 30 HP difference, it's also smaller and lighter which is a plus. So the 230i wins in performance. Also, that sexy mineral gray metallic.

I've been thinking and looking at other cars but none of them look as interesting to me than these two, it's tough. I want to lean towards the bmw, because its got more performance, it's cheaper, and I think looks just as good as the A5, but if I were to get it, it'd probably be the base RWD, non xDrive version, which I'm imagining would be a bitch to drive in the snow.

So, anyone here daily a RWD vehicle in the snow, how shit is it? What car do you guys think I should go with?

Picture from yesterday. This thread seems pretty dead

I drive an E36 without ESP and any shit like that and I survived my first winter with no problems whatsoever. I felt much safer than my family's other FWD shitboxes. It's not rocket science, unless you like to save money on good snow tires, in which case you're fucking retarded. Good tires, throw in electronics and you should be good.
That being said, I'm sure AWD will be easier to control. However, I'm not sure whether A5 implements Torsen or Haldex.
Are you talking used or new? I'd say stay away from a used Audi. The maintenance might annihilate your wallet.

I will soon be in the market for a CPO/used BMW. I was pretty much set on a 435i, until I saw that late model 6 series (~2013 even) are sometimes the same price or cheaper. Even though the 4 is probably a sportier drive and better power to weight ratio, I am being tempted to go for the "upgrade." What do you guys think? Which is the better driver's car? This will be a DD, don't often use the back seats.

I remember when I beat bmw's in my peace of shit 1st Gen foord probe turbo. I still spank all kinds of bmw in my turbo pt cruiser.

Leaning towards new, but if I can find a pretty good used car that's only a few years old I wouldn't mind checking it out. Yea, I've got no problems spending the money to get some really nice snow tires for the RWD 230i, like I said I'm just unsure of how she'd drive considering I've never really driven a car like that in the snow before. I guess I'll just to do a bit more research, I'm in no rush to buy.

Sensatec or leather?

anyone?

>2003 E39 540i/6 M Sport
>brake fluid was absolutely terrible and resembled Alabama swamp water- completely flushed the system
>rear rotors were shot and potato chip thin- replaced them
>changed the oil and filter
>replaced the cabin filters
>currently dealing with some electrical gremlins in the trunk harness; just got my heat shrinking rap and soldering iron today
>picked up some style 82's for snow tire duty

More interestingly, I've got a P0021 that I've known about for a little while. Even though the car pulls like a freight train, I am not sure if it is specific to the actual cam sensor, whether the car is in fact out of timing or if it is VANOS related. Either way, I'd like to address this before winter, but this is my first E39 and I'm not as familiar as I want to be with the engine. Other than that, I've got a bad rear passenger side window regulator to swap out and perhaps a clutch & starter replacement in the spring along with new front struts and front sway bar bushings.

What code readers are you guys using?

E24

My neighbor has a clean M6

>Audi
Not to start a reliability argument but in my personal experience, Audi is the worst of all the major German manufacturers. A Volkswagen Passat would be better than any Audi.

How many miles user? Good chance anything timing or vamos on M62's is timing chain guides or tensioners. Buy a Creator C310 as standard P-codes are useless.

First car?
augusta.craigslist.org/cto/5766436327.html

Why is the E30 so overrated and the E34 so underrated?

100% failed timing chain guides. Don't buy.

I've heard the exact opposite. Newer Audis are apparently much more reliable than older ones.

>still stuck in the early 90s

consumerreports.org/cars/which-car-brands-make-the-best-vehicles/

>Predicted Reliability

>predicted reliability
kek

>Thinking J(ew).D. Power is a more principled source than ConsumerReports.

>thinking audi or any VAG could be at the top of a list or even #1

You are kidding me right?

Mercedes-Benz and Cadillac above Toyota... wat.

The Jews at J.D. Power obviously took their money to slide their brand names up a [s]few[/s] shit ton of slots.

>early 90s Audi
>not reliable
Please.
Beautiful

i've daily'd rwd vehicles on snow since forever. It's nice actually
Just get winter or all season tyres

I've been doing this every night at around 1-3 AM when coming home from my friend's. Maybe some time I'll do it full throttle, I just don't want to lose this one, it is too nice.

vid.me/6ayR

I wanna install an aftermarket stereo receiver but my autism stops me from buying anything that doesn't match the orange lighting on the dashboard.

Anyone can recommend a receiver that has a similar orange lighting?

I crashed mine, I drive a honda now

For 3 years I DD'd a mustang in Canada, rural prairie area, so tones of snow. It's not nearly as bad as people say, as long as you have winter tires you will be fine.

I got more and better ones but they are too big... so enjoy these two that I can upload.

You can see the Worktruck TI in the backround of this one.

I have 20 y/o original brake lines on my E36 M3 I'm building as a track car. I wanna fix the mushy pedal and noticed my lines are original and the fluid in them looks disgusting (already gonna get new slide pins/caps and new rubber caliper bushings)

Should I get Stainless Steel Lines from BimmerWorld ($120) or ECSTuning ($100) or get the OEM ATE Rubber Ones for $80?

Apparently stock BMW lines are pretty beefy. Pic related, stock E46 brake line cut through. I wish there was a comparison in brake feel/modulation between new OEM rubber and SS lines.

Everything I've seen so far is old worn out rubber vs new SS lines.

In Bulgaria pretty much everyone has a BMW 3 series. Its the new VW Golf. I am sick of it.

/blog

well a 3 series is better than a Golf so be glad?

Why did North America get such shitty wagons? I want a rwd 335, god damn.

id go stainless
they made a big difference on my 10 year old car, cant imagine what would happen to you