/vsg/- /v/scape General!

>>> So You want to Play Vscape?

1st for autism

Who is your favourite Randy and why is it Randy?

>tfw no qt aussie bf

so how do we save /v/scape lads?

You don't.

>community full of people with the mental age of an 8 year old
>nostalgia the main factor in playing this shit game
>nothing to look forward too
>lack of advertisements
>admins don't even like the playerbase enough to tell them what's going to be added

The playerbase won't grow ever again. Appreciate what you got now

user I am sorry to hear that you feel that way, but I still believe that there is a way for us to save /v/scape and make it fun again

it pains my heart to see what little influx of newfriends we have come and go primarily due to "the community". If we have statistical analysis (perhaps new unique and regular IP's per month) we might be able to see just how brutal our community has gotten

as bad as it may seem, this makes the time all the more critical for us to truly and really save /v/scape to a new golden age

we are in a golden age thanks to Dem Boys tho

I wish I could agree with you derek but we must be honest about the current state of the server

newfriends keep leaving

shitters keep staying

devs have unfortunately become stagnant

compare the amount of updates in the last few years around this same time of the year and you'll see -- I don't blame them though

we need to do something to save /v/scape

you cant
economy is shit because around 10 people hoarding anything of value
no major updates in months with no concrete release dates for missing content
no advertising outside of a consistently dead thread means hardly any new players outside of meme alts come in

i guess fixing it would invole banning alts and clearing out a few peoples banks, as well as setting a release date for something big like summoning, barbarian training or more quests

Help me understand the design process being used by the devs.
Every time they enact nerfs to make the game more like 'realscape' they reduce the choices players have, they make it harder for newer players to get up to speed, and seem to drive more players away.
Decided to watch Alectrona's vids and there used to be 50 or so people back then, despite having less content and less polish/streamlining, I've never even seen that many people online since I joined, and there seem to be less and less these days.

>decided to watch alectrona's vids
well there's your problem

I feel as if banning alts is a bit too much since a lot of people have main and ironmeme alts, plus clearing out a few people's banks is just full commie-tier

but I do strongly agree with you on having a "big" update release date out just to get everyone excited and hyped to be playing this game

maybe that's how we can fix it, but with our current devs busy with their own lives how can we ever invoke the pure content machine of a enthusiastic dev?

i'm no programmer, but I had this crazy idea once that maybe the devs here could setup a place where other people can kind of deposit their own code to be reviewed and possibly added by the devs, that way the devs technically do less work while content is rolled out

>Help me understand the design process being used by the devs.

this was once your average run-of-the-mill RSPS where a lot of things were imbalanced and out of place for the lulz. Some time passed, and the devs realized they wanted a more authentic RSPS instead and wanted to get things to the way they were back in 2007, hence all the seeming nerfs and changes

a lot of people have just left since big things like some quests, hunter, and construction are still missing while the devs can only focus on the little things like balance changes -- which put players off since there's no new real content

there used to be a place like that
it got removed because people changed drop tables and used exploits
i still think the stupidly rich minority that hardly even play the game should be dealt with in some way though, like givaways or a server-wide raffle

really? I don't mean like other people can manipulate and change things around, but that they can just "give away" their code for the mods to review and implement to make sure nothing like drop table/exploits are added in a safe environment

>server-wide raffle

that actually sounds kind of fun, maybe a community lottery or something

I'm sure the mods can add in like an NPC next to lumby home bank or something that asks for how much you want to contribute to the pot while giving you a ticket for a chance to win because you participated

maybe not even strictly just gold -- items too

Reminder:
November the 27th, The Sunday after American thanksgiving will be Wi1dymania 2!

It will begin with a gathering at the fight pits at 1700 EST, (thats eastern US), We will have a few skirmishes and a few door prizes given out JUST FOR SHOWING UP!

After that, we will head to Castle Wars where a Round Robin tournament will commence! teams of 3 will compete for a chance at a pot worth 80m+(that's gp and mats, not just Zimbabwe Dollars).

Finally, We will meet for a Drop Party In the wilderness! Bring combat gear, or else you won't get anything!

More information to be released as we get closer! All Donations go to Benny, Just pm myself or him when he is online and we can take your donations!

Happy 2 1/2 years vscape! heres to many more!

>economy is shit because around 10 people hoarding anything of value
i hoard my stuff 'cause i grinded it myself and it's mine and gp is useless here. this is a grind-centric server, if you want valuable stuff get it yourself

For Mango

Reminder:
October the 27th, 2 days from now at 1pm est will be one of the biggest matches in chess history
Carlsen vs. Nakamura

be sure to tune in to see these titans clash on the chess board

The castle wars tournament is the main event right?

What are the team rosters?

We need team rosters to ensure each team is balanced

Rate my battle station

>american education

The cwars tourney is the main event. I am open to registration to hear who wants to vs who.

They used to use a github repository where you could send in pull requests, issues and whatnot, but they've switched to a bugtracker only.

As far as I know the bigger problem was that basically all the server code was in the github repo, so others could start their own /v/scape rsps.
And some people searched the drop tables and shop prices for exploits just to abuse them instead of informing the devs.

Tbh isn't it because of bully?
Not all of the newfriends are highly autistic people who have communication problems.
I see people literally getting bullied/scared away/turned off because of REEEEEE shouting, READ shouting and highly autistic non-followable "conversations" in yell.
The thing why this server is unpopular is because of the mentioned above and how slow paced progress is. We literally lack resources and the mods just keep on nerfing shit. Like you got to be a autistic m to actually like those nerfs.

How to save it? You do not, because the direction that the server is taking is not suited for the masses. We will never get a big active player base simply because the server doesn't and won't appeal to them.

>because the server doesn't and won't appeal to them.
>getting bullied/scared away/turned off because of REEEEEE shouting, READ shouting and highly autistic non-followable "conversations" in yell

did you ever think that maybe we don't want those kind of people here?

Ah, I see.

Well personally I think if you could at least get a few guaranteed teams to name themselves like:

Team 1 - "team name"
Combatants - A, B, C

vs

Team 2 - "team name"
Combatants - X, Y, Z

vs

Team 3

etc.

it would help generate more hype and excitement as people would speculate on who might win

I appreciate what you're doing for the community though, I really do. Not much other events ever happen on this server.

I'm pretty excited myself tbqh

A little heads up for anyone who is interested :^)

explain this meme

Highscore scrubber set to check if someone is doing agility.

neat

did you make it yourself?

It's not mine. I wouldn't waste my time griefing lappers.

THIS JUST IN:

Castle Wars will be in Tournament mode. That means no faggots jumping on the wrong teams.

Same goes for the fight games prelude.

Did I mention Team Chat in castle wars?

Castle wars is a shitty broken minigame why would anyone play it

It can detect more than players doing agility friend

>another attempt at a c wars tourney

i wonder how this one will go haha

probably the same as last time - fun but exploiters win and the pot gets stolen

you better be using hiscore_lite

But if the oldfags dumped all of their hoarded items it would make the economy worse

>the last attempted one was so bad that this user doesnt even remember that it didnt happen

omg lol

oh i remember

Bobster-kun, you were the one who told me about it in the first place~

Multi MIlls dueling co.
-ACCEPTING ALL CHALLENGERS-
boxing
whips
no rules
other upon discussion

minimum 1m bets - come prepared around lvl 120 cb need only apply.

tfw padding firemaking

for juice

DELETE THIS NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

>so bad at typing you can't spell 5 words right the first time unless you see them

Sorry you work at McDonalds and are playing rsps on a computer in the bathroom

you probably need to install gentoo

How does this happen?

Im sorry

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Hi there!

Where's the "Hi there!"
???

Hi there Reddit!

why hello there

>not realizing I run the duel company
>Nappa is the user name
>either troll or complete retard

2/10 made me reply

alright guys jagex locked my account and will never return it so ill try this out

Anyone got a spoopy /v/scape client login screen to get into the spirit of the season? This is the only custom one I have.

the old one with the doot doot skeltons

Thanks for posting this again, I wanted to grab it a while back

Post it, friend!

i never said i kept it

I played vscape for a little before my friends asked me to level my osrs acc in preperations for raids, so now i will use the 12 days i have remaining of membs. I want to play vscape some more, i really do.

Never fear, already marked my IRL calendar and told my wife its happening.

did you confirm it with your wife's son and your wife's bull?

No, but I checked with Wiggin's wife's son and bull. So we should be good.

dual*

Wait, have d2h's seriously been removed temporarily?

no only when juice was killing ce lol mods hate him

Best i can find. Maybe one of the admins has the origina.

amazing

Good man.

based

inb4acclientupdateonh'weenchangesitbackanyways

Well, would you look at this...

lol thnx

The savior of droprates and canon content.

46 prayer, but 48/48? Altar doesnt fix

not ded

confirmed

october revolution when

Doesn't that only update when you logout? I mean the highscores page.

yes

Yo Latent if you're on Bobster said there was a reason why GWD hasn't been worked on but couldn't remember it, can you shed any light on this?

...woa

Reply to this post with the name of the person on this server who you hate the most
Hard mode: no mods

myself

same

>talking to newfags
>talking shit about latent

get the FUCK out

Tfw I gutshot vscape when I stopped playing and it has been slowly dieing ever since. I killed vscape wew

you wish you had a significant effect on vscape. This isn't dead you newfag, midterms are underway and the normies are catching up in school; if you had been playing for more than a year you'd know the population fluctuates with the school year.

>the population fluctuates with the school year
like how the last two years there was a consistent 80+ players and now vscape barely breaks 30 at peak hours?

>Go to uni to study for a few hours
>Come back home to bake flatmate a birthday cake
>See this

Vscape related meme post