How come used F-350s are so expensive?

How come used F-350s are so expensive?

Supply and demand. Look it up.

Any 3/4 or 1 ton is expensive.

An ugly bro truck like you posted goes for even more usually.

Because they start out super expensive and the people who can afford them without it being a fleet truck keep them nice, meaning you get maybe 10k off of MSRP after 8 years.

I live in a city which highly dependent on oil and gas revenue. What is this "demand" you speak of?

>How come used F-350s are so expensive?
Because you don't need one.

Lot's of people that need one.

However the vast majority just have shitty cockstars and stacks thrown on.

Bro truck market is big and full of retards with too much of dads money, $60k+ work trucks are kept for extended years rather than being turned over at 3/5 years like cheaper ones are, keeping supply fairly low.

because people buy them, lift them and put a $5000 wheel set on, bag the fuck out of them, and when they need the usual new tires, balljoints, tierods, and diesel engine service totaling $4000 they want what they paid for the truck plus their mods ontop of it

For the same reason all trucks are so expensive. I mean goddamn Rangers and Tacomas made in the last 10 years, with 150,000mi in shitty condition still go for 6k.

All of those sound more like reasons not to buy the truck.

(OP)

This

both Ford and Rams are like this... GM trucks are a bit less it seems but still pretty expensive.

i have personally been looking at 2012 RAM 3500's and for the options I want IF i can find a truck they are about 40 grand at least.

New trucks are like 70k which is pretty insane, but DEF fluid is dumb as hell, thats why I will get a 2012 with no DEF

>trucks expensive

F-150 with 5l V6 cheaper than a mid spec VW Golf econohatch.

I got an 03 F250 Super Duty with 22,000 miles last year for $3500. Lots of dents and dings and scratches but drivetrain is in great shape. Manual trans and manual windows/ locks. 5.4l engine
Been driving it a year and has needed nothing. However: if it had a deisel it would've gone for $10k plus.

because therye fucking huge

Compare the crew cab gas and diesel ford trucks from the late 90s and they are often 2x as much for the diesel. Probably worth it tho

late 90s gas engines from ford were crap. you could get power from the triton v10 but then you're getting 7mpg too

You looking at basic work trucks or luxury trucks?

The only correct answer OP is that all trucks, not just 1tons have working viability. I mean that no matter how old a truck is it's still capable of work and hauling. This kept their results value high, more so in 1tons. And with ever increasing payloads they most recent trucks despite milage hold their value.
That and...
>Muh burly diesel beast engine

The problem is there is almost zero supply. 1 ton and 3/4 ton trucks that are bought for work are often spat out after 5-6 years with 300-400K miles and absolutely beat to shit. The only trucks that aren't beat up are ones owned by suburbanites that use them to pull a boat to the lake a couple times before they sell them for another one.

Plus you have to consider the fact that diesel emission requirements have changed over the last couple years. New trucks have DEF and thats a pain in the ass to deal with, so those trucks are less valuable.

On top of that, you have to consider who owns these trucks. A truck thats specced above base model is probably going to be owned by some old idiot who, without considering other factors, thinks his truck that cost 60K brand new, is worth 65K. Combine that with the bro truck market fueled by daddies bottomless money pit means these trucks don't deprecate like most.

Basically a half decent 3/4 -1 ton truck is going to cost a fuck ton because they simply aren't out there, especially with a diesel, and the owners and buyers are retarded.

fuck def
fuck egr on diesels
and fuck diesel cats

You got an amazing deal then. That truck is worth may more than $3500

I like the 460, but I won't buy another in a vehicle for awhile. It'd be fun to build one though, cause they're huge. Went from owning a truck with a 460 to one with a 6.9 idi (420), and now I get 18 highway instead of 10

I have always wanted to buy a regular car standard bed truck to water meth inject, get a shit load of boost out of, and try to make it take corners.

But all the aftermarket wants to jack them up and put stacks on them.
My dreams of a 5,500lb monster plowing through my local togue is never going to happen.

Not if it's got 9000 idle hours

Diesel is always more expensive becuase they run forever.

Guys I have an enormous boner for the 7.3L Powerstroke, is there any chance of finding one that isn't complete trash?
I know I'm looking at 13+ year old trucks...

There are clean 7.3s out there still, but most are gonna have well over 100k miles as well as carry the diesel tax.

i paid 8000 for my 99 f250 7.3l D, 100k on the clock.

Nice, is yours intercooled?
Also, have you kept it stock or have you done any work on it?

yes and i got a tune with a few profiles and a switch. a small lift and some beefy tires. i use it to tow my drift car

Search the Pacific Northwest. We don't have the rubber drying heat of deserts, and we don't really salt the roads that much