Any harley riders? Here is mine

Any harley riders? Here is mine.

I love my Harley

i ride an xl883 with a fat front tire conversion. love the looks, perfect rider's triangle, good gas mileage, and reliable enough that i wouldn't be afraid to drive it to alaska tomorrow. had a big electraglide, but that totalled in a hit and run. the sportster is a much better city bike though.

i wish the harley culture wasn't such a meme though. i got nothing wrong with a guy that has a few h-d t-shirts, or wants to put a chrome knick knack on his bike because he likes it. but i can't stand the guys that straight pipe their bikes and then runs stop light drags at every intersection in town, that looks down on other bikers (i get looked down on for riding a girls bike), and is an asshole in general to anyone that didn't spend as much money from the h-d accessories catalog to make his bike "unique."

is that a softail slim? looks good though.

Fags

ye

Just got rear ended on my Harley... Miss the bike already.

I got a new softail slim s. It's awesome bros. Factory 110 screaming eagle

noice.

why are harleys so retarded expensive
if you want a decent 1000cc + bike youll spend at least 6 thousand dollars
yes i am a poorfag

That looks like my tank... lowrider reporting

Mine is 1995 fatboy.

Reporting.

Bigger version, my bad

The day I picked it up.

No maker ever made a 1000cc for less than 6K usd

Nearly $5K CAD worth of cancer removed from the scoot.

Enjoy impending amputation retards

my uncle has an sportster 883 lol

Lady I know put her Sporty in the rhubarb about a month ago, her leg went through the rear wheel and then got jammed up into the frame. They had to use the jaws of life to break the whole works apart.

She kept the leg, whats left of it.

Ask him if he loves the feeling of wind on his vagina

>why are harleys so retarded expensive

Not used in the US. Score a low mileage used ride and don't buy in the summer.

I ride with friends who ride other styles of motorcycles. And I do like some of their bikes but I just perfer HD. Though they are expensive there a fairly easy bike to work on. I've rode with some harley riders that say "if its not a harley then its shit." I dont really care cause I just like hanging out with people who wanna ride and have a good time. But that doesn't mean I dont do a little shit talking.

Depends on your definition of expensive.

You can get low mileage dynas like the FXDB for around $5-6K USD used. Sportsters for a whole lot less.

It's when you start getting up in the lines like Street Glides, Road Glides, Road Kings etc you start running into the money. They're covered in shit that doesn't make the bike any "better" per se. Stereos, touchscreens, huge fairings with space shuttle-esque controls.

Compare the ass ends of say an FXDB with this Road Glide S

If you ride with people who think if it's not HD then it's not a bike you're riding with the wrong people. Any rally I go to, or anyone in my circle will tell you all that matters is two wheels and knees in the breeze.

The HD or nothin' crowd is the MoCos bread and butter thought. The ones who buy every piece of Harley merch, wear HD motorclothes, etc.

We call them the 18%er's around here. They dress up in their HD leathers bought to match their bikes paintjob and ride the two blocks to Tim Hortons to sit outside and tell people about their new slip-on exhaust the dealer installed.

Low mileage 1990s Dynas are in the three and four grand range. Those Evo engines can go over 100K easily enough and if they have 20/30K on them that ain't shit.

I was talking more along the lines of 2007+ FXDB's with 103 twinkies, If I could go back to my bob buy I'd get an older 88 Evo and bore it out.

Twinkies are so boring. The M8's are fantastic though.

Neither makes me feel like the pan does when its kicked over in the shop though.

>Neither makes me feel like the pan does when its kicked over in the shop though.

I was eyefucking that Pan in previous pics. I have two Shovels but no Pans yet. I'll likely to a repop alternator-generator cased stroker since I'm not into restoring.

My mentor rides an 85 Shovel he rebuilt tooth to tit himself, I absolutely love that machine. He's the fella that got me into bikes. I remind myself everyday how blessed I am that my best friend and mentor has been a journeyman motorcycle mechanic for the past 40 years. The guys the father I always wanted.

I'm fucking bad at taking pictures but theres the shovel in behind the Hyosung 250 which is behind a 2011 FXDB

Currently rebuilding a wrecked 98 FLSTS

Plenty of potential there. What are your plans for it?

Whatever the owner wants to do with it. The guy was riding it and got hit. He rides a Tri-Glide now and is in a wheelchair 90% of the time so I figure he ain't gonna ride it, maybe he wants to sell it, he's dropped $15K CAD cash to get it up to snuff. IMHO he'll be lucky to get that back if he goes to sell it. He might just want to hang onto it like all old bikers do.

When we put it in the shop the front laced rim was fucked, forks, fucked, frame was tweaked, neck was ok, bearings were blown apart, nice mustang seat had the pan buckled in, tins were fucked all around. Motor is solid though and the frames been straightened. It's been a long rebuild though since the springer that was shipped by J&P was the wrong one and its taken over 4 months to get the right one as HD no longer manufactures it.

EF u are my hero

The bikes normally look good and are smooth. Asshole glide queens and stiff clutchs will forever keep me off them though

Wheres that vrod user at.

I like the style of some of the Harleys, but I can't get over the meme tax and the fact that they're constantly leaking oil or something is broken.

I'll take my bobbed shadow ACE over a Harley any day.

Newfriend here. Why should I not buy in the summer?

Modern harleys leak no oil, you're thinking knuckle/pan/shovel. The only oil that comes out of mine is from the breathers but that's either sucked in and burnt in the intake (factory config)

Riding season, used market is down as the good deals get snatched up quick or guys simply aren't selling or aren't desperate to sell.

Winter is a blessed time for used motorcycles as Christmas is coming, bills are piling up and guys are more likely to sell something they're not using. Coincidentally Winter is the BEST time to sell used parts or accessories as that's when most riders are making changes to their scoots.

Thank you so much

No problem. If you're looking for a scoot in winter pay extra special attention to the accessories bolted onto it. You can make back a hefty, HEFTY chunk of change by returning things to stock and selling off the bling. Accessories don't really affect the value so much but once unbolted, cleaned and listed online can fetch you a pretty penny. You can replace all the shit you pull off with stock take-offs you can buy cheap as fuck on kijijij/ebay, certain things to look for are numbered paint schemes on tins (rear/front/gastank), HD sissybars, HD air cleaners etc. Those Screaming Eagle Heavy Breathers with chrome cover sell new for about $800 Canadian, you can flip that for $650-700 no problem. A set of numbered tins sells minimum $2800 new, you can flip them for $1600+, buy a set of plain jane used ones for $500-800.

Repo auctions are fucking amazing for this kinda stuff. Just keep in mind the parts n accessories that seem to be worth anything used are the HD ones themselves. Nobody is looking for a used Kuryakyn floorboard kit.

>stiff clutchs will forever keep me off them though

Low effort ball-and-ramp assemblies are available for those who care from HD and Baker.

>Modern harleys leak no oil, you're thinking knuckle/pan/shovel.

Let's remember the last Shovels were built in 1985 and it was basically a 1950s engine design. Everything in the 1950s leaked oil. Pans and Knuckleheads are much older.

The most glorious thing about that 1950's engine tech was it required an owner look after it. Be able to perform their own maintenance.

The moco has done all that they can to kill off individuality and self reliance,

EFI, Super Glide, EVO/Twin Cam/M8, damn it all.

Hello felow rider. I would love if we harley riders would have our own thread, only dedicated to us harley rides.

yep, there should be an official fag thread

An entire thread filled with shit taste, wow

Thanks OP, now I miss my cross bones and sporty.... Dick.

>The moco has done all that they can to kill off individuality and self reliance,

The moco didn't give a shit about quality, but the designs were easy to rebuild and understressed. Clinging to that shit almost killed HD twice. The first under the family, the second under AMF who saved the company but dropped the quality ball UNDER THE SAME PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT HD FROM AMF. Setup? Yep.

Individuality? HDs were never about that. Never. The MoCo used to despise "bikers" and only cared about cops and Shriners. Folk art is about that. HD was and remains a business. Self-reliance was required because if you weren't a mechanic you walked a lot. Nobody was fostering it out of some bizarre goal.

Ain't shit on a bike hard to work on compared to cars, and the hot rod community has no problem with complex vehicles. I grew up on points ignitions and carbs but working on EFI etc is just different, not difficult.

Post-Shovelhead engines are superior machinery. So are their subsystems. All pre-Evo electric starters are shit. Top ends don't shed heat nearly as well so you do more top end jobs. (Oil coolers serve me well.) Casting quality sucked until they switched to permanent mold crankcases on the Evo and they still made some cases a bit thin for performance use. We don't have to Glyptal the insides of permanent mold crankcases to keep them from seeping.

Ironheads are mechanically awful and the reason the Evo Sporty is a huge success is it cured all the Ironhead design deficiency.

I like old junk for the mechanical funkiness but that's no basis for a modern motorcycle company. Modern lookalikes sell because they capture the looks without the failures. Same with other classic brands. Meriden Triumphs were junk compared to Hinckley Triumphs.

>harley riders

I've literally overtaken you guys on a c90.

Why are you so shit?

I'll never understand why people hate on Harley riders. It's just as niche of a riding style as sport bike riding, dirt bike riding, etc...

They want a loud couch on wheels. There is nothing wrong with that.

Europoor here, can I drive a motorcycle in the US if I only have a car license in Europe? I would love to drive a one on the wide open roads that you guys have

Depends on the state probably but in mine you need a motorcycle permit, don't know how it would work for foreigners

Night Rods are sexy as fuck, but they look uncomfortable. Has anyone ridden one?

No. You need a motorcycle endorsement on your license, period

Getting anywhere faster means less time on the bike. Less time on a Harley is never a goal of the Harley rider.

When I'm deep dicking your woman you really think I just wanna get to the destination as fast as possible?

This faggot did

What's the fun in moving along at a crawl?

Let me fix that for you:
>Getting anywhere faster means less people looking at my bike that sounds like constipated hippo and seeing how cool I am

Also I don't have a woman; I'm straight. Nice try though.

My friend has one and he loves it. I still have yet to ride it though

alright, have fun going over the speed limit on your chink machine and promptly getting liquefied by a semi, you donor

>c90
>chink

Harley "riders".

>arguing with stupid people

Don't even bother, because they'll drag you down to your level and beat you with experience.

Harleyfags gonna Harley, best just to let them circlejerk themselves to death in peace.

*their level

Derp