Buyer's remorse?

Anyone else ever buy a car and enjoyed it at first, but slowly realized it was shit?

i had buyers remorse when i started coming here and found out how fucking shitty it is

now i cant fucking leave

I bought a car I never really liked to begin with (Civic), but I needed a daily and I got it for cheap, so I can't really complain. I don't drive it as much now, but I'll probably keep it around as a winter car. It's been dead reliable, so I'll give it credit for that.

Pic related.

yeah my 05 GTO, it was cool at first and i was going to mod it and then i was like.....oh..no thank you

inb4 GT86

bought a mazdaspeed6 and went through a 2 month honeymoon period then...

>ecu issues
>understeer everywhere
>shit paint
>first gear started locking out
>connecting rod broke
>AWD wasn't that great

it was like pre-ordering a shitty video game just because of the hype

Yep. Got a 2010 Toyota Matrix, 5 speed as a daily, needed something reliable to replace my aging Cavalier. Had one as a work car, automatic though, and it was a pretty decent work car.

Turned out the 5 speed was garbage, engine was incredibly underpowered, it was seriously slower than my Cavalier and got .5 better MPG when averaged out for the year. Then the throw out bearing went bad, so I had the clutch replaced, then 2k miles later the throw out bearing went bad again. Oh, and I was finding metal shavings in the oil when I changed it.

Traded it in towards a Fiesta ST, couldn't be happier now.

A toyota corolla

I don't know what I expected

LS2 GTO: the slowest 400hp "sports car" ever

When I started drinking the meme juice (this board, Initial D, Top Gear) I decided I needed a manual. Passed over some moneypits (Saab Viggen) but also some good ones.

>350Z for low km at good price, never got to see it because I already sold my car and my mom wouldn't take me to see it
>dirt cheap ZX2 S/R in excellent shape, would have been a huge fun AND cost nothing to own, everyone I knew thought it would be a stupid idea to downgrade to a "shitty clunker"
>RX-8 owned by Mazda mechanic, who had just changed the engine 8000km ago and installed superior spark plugs, too pussy for the rotard life

Basically I was a massive fucking cuck that let other people influence my decisions. Ended up with a mediocre Lancer SE. Sound system was good but it had no go power.

Now I have a Fiesta ST, no regrats. Until I see how the Camaro V6 1LE performs anyway

Yes

Veeky Forums told me to get a Miata, I got a Civic Si instead. No regrets here, just don't buy the meme cars they keep suggesting.

It's a RWD Corolla tho

>Traded it in towards a Fiesta ST, couldn't be happier now.
As a fellow Cavalier owner, how would you compare the two? I have the LS """"Sport"""" Coupe.

It's really not that bad of a car and the 2.2l + Getrag combo is bulletproof, it's just everything else on the car is cheaper than a Chinese hooker.

A lesson I had to learn, too. When my current 316i dies (220.000km), there'll be nothing but 6 cylinders for me.

My current car, 04 rsx base. Terrible paint, rusty and slow and I overpaid for it. It is really reliable though. I just needed a car at the time.

>1.6l turbo I4
I can't imagine how Fiatafags are going to justify this

Fiata has a 1.4

Even worse. Why didn't they just give it an N/A with more displacement.

Because cucked by yuro displacement tax and muh CO2

Oh. I feel sorry for Fiat now. Could've been a contender.

I wonder what the first engine swap will be.

i would definately take any gen miata over any gen civic

>turbo
I wish. I'd still rather have an N/A I6

Probably an LS

Wouldn't we all, brother

Yea probably...although I'd like to see something other than that

I mean, there's not a single week where I don't have a moment where I sit back and go "Why didn't I get an RSX-S?"
>leather
>manual
>k series engine
>still great handling
>much better styling than the USDM Integra DC2
>would have paid about the same price I paid for my Integra (6k after it was all said and done)

But then I go drive the motherfucker and I can't stop grinning.

sometimes I think "why didn't I get the rsx" too, but this car is just so damn cute

I love my civic si but the stiff ass suspension is ass for daily driving. Also I found a ton of shit wrong with the car from the previous owner after I got it. Also the paint is susceptible to everything

I bought a Harley, and I'm 50/50 on it, some days I love it for the looks and the ride feel, and then some days I'm super bitter about it and I wish I got a sports bike since I could get a mint one for the same price.

Half of me wonders if it's because I'm a dumb kid who just wants what he doesn't have, or if the grass is really greener on the other side

Sport bikes a shit

If you replace it with something sporty get a VFR800 or similar

Dude I love your car. Mods?

Buy a mini cooper to DD

fun ass hell for the first few months,

then realise that I could have just gotten a miata that was much more reliable, affordable, RWD, and funner

>Had the chance at buying a really clean e46 m3
>bought a 330i instead because it had all the options I wanted at the time and was 1000 euros cheaper
>loved the car but always regretted my decision

I bought a brandnew 1.2 liter volkswagen polo for 18.5k

>84 supra blew its engine, needed car
>wanted something more practical
>bought pic related
>only ever used the back to fuck my fwb
>was boring as fuck to drive
>hated it
>sold it and bought my adub

been good ever since.

Paid $1000 for an '01 Chrysler 300m and it threw a piston on the highway a week later.

you're telling me, you bought a chrysler, and expected reliability?

I had buyers remorse after buying my old right hand drive subaru legacy with an EG33 swap
It was fast as fuck for what it was, but holy shit it was a screaming metal death trap.

care to elaborate? I've always thought those would be a cool project car. Just expensive?

Bought pic related (price was great) to replace my 17 year old Mazda.

There's so much shit I hate about it (hesitation when accelerating from a stop, inconsistent power delivery, jerky as fuck, stereo sucks), I think about selling it everyday.

Then I got rear-ended by some faggot in a H3. So much for resale value.

I traded in my FRS for a fucking miata because you assholes told me it was basically a FRS but convertible and just as fast and fun. Well its not as fast, its not as fun and I can only enjoy rhe roof down 3 months of the year. FUCK YOU Veeky Forums

>I can only enjoy rhe roof down 3 months of the year
Anyone who thinks this shouldn't own a convertible.

And I fell for it, have a (you) I guess.

Bought a '91 MR2 for pretty cheap when I needed a car to get me around. I love having the car, but I regret not buying a strong, independant car that don't need no immediate maintenance when I should've.

So tell me how im suppose to enjoy the roof down in a snow storm?

not buying a convertible in an area that you cant put the roof down in is a good start
thinking about purchases before you make them is also a good start
and finally, doing some research and not just listening to the people on this board. IMO at least 1/3 of the posters here are under 20 and have almost no knowledge of cars other than stuff they learned here.

>snowstorms 9 months of the year
You should consider moving I think.

Otherwise, wear a scarf and a jacket. I've driven top-down on Christmas Eve before even, it's fun.

I was actually a little underwhelmed and first, then I got mad when shit started breaking. Then I leaned more about my car and started fixing shit myself. The more stuff I fixed, the better my car got.

My engine has never run this smooth.
My AC has never worked this good.
My shifter has never felt this good.

I've had it for over 4 years and I can actually say that I like my car.

It gets better brehs

Volvo xc90 v8

Not all of us live in Mexico amigo

1. I bet the fiesta is auto
2. I bet you can't actually into manual correctly

06 civic. 2014 accord. Honda sucks and has 0 personality. Their older cars have higher value than their shitmobiles now.

I love my Harley but the peanut tank is a pita. I sometimes wish I'd bought an adventure rider but I honestly don't ride enough to even own a bike because schedule

I live in PA. Salt and temperatures below freezing are the only things that stop me from having my top down. It's a removable hard top, so I almost never have it on to begin with.

Not all of us enjoy freezing to death you sick fuck

>2014 Ford Mustang GT

Fell in love with the engine.

Numb steering, atrocious ergonomics, truck handling caused me to trade it in

I should of realized. You probably have an anime dildo heater up your ass to keep you warm

>"why didn't I get an RX-S?"
oh boy do I feel the same

at least I get good gas mileage

not all of us are pussies either. some of us can handle some cold weather

You will look like a fucking retard driving with the top down when its 20 degrees out

shouldnt buy a convertible if you cant/wont put the top down then

i bought a lola t70 under the impression that it was in fact a gt40 with a bodykit.

if the fact it wasn't bad enough, it's not even lemans compliant anymore. fucking gypped hard.

Used? If it was used blame vapers they dog the shit out of awd cars.

Not when its fucking 20 degrees

2001 Chevy Malibu

Loved the space and it was my first car so I didn't care if it wasn't a Honda ricebox or something "cool"

But for some reason it burned through gas like hell. Highway was fine. I could drive from Virginia to Texas on 2-3 tanks. But just driving 10 minutes down to Wal-Mart and back burned a quarter tank. Had no idea why city mileage was so horrible. I tried keeping rpm below 3k at all times but didn't help much. Dad replaced fuel injectors and a bunch of other things but still guzzled gas. Eventually sold it and bought a 2006 Kia from my Aunt. Ugliest girl car I ever seen but can drive from Roanoke VA to DC and back on a little over half a tank, and a tank lasts me almost 2 weeks just daily commuting to work and home.

probably would have had the vanos break on you, but the E46 M3 is a great fucking car.

I kinda know this feel and im going to experience it again in 2018.
>Commute to college
>Parents don't want a manual car in the driveway because they don't know how to drive stick.
>Want rsx cause i drive an ex em2 and the engine gets modern hp with good mpgs for cheap.
>Better mpgs than my auto civic
Parents are giving me 18k car when i turn 21 in 2018 or possibly earlier. I got 6k and i wana use it for muh first manual though parents are pushing me twords getting a cvt civic sedan. This is mostly out of feeling of obligation to get me a new/same priced car as they did for my older brother when he turned 21.

Fellow VAfag here, those old Quad 4s got shit for city mileage

>buying a lI've rear axle mustang and complaining about handling.

Veeky Forums really is retarded.

>Fiesta ST
>auto

I CUT MY LIFE TO PIECES

>unironically buying a Falcon, let alone an AU

This. I only come here to shitpost and bully people into buying shitty cars

Honestly? My 01 Porsche Boxster, non-S.

Not necessarily shit, but it definitely wasn't as fast as I initially felt it was, you know? Power upgrades, even as someone who fabricates their own stuff, wasn't as effective or too cost prohibitive to mess with.

The biggest gain I would have seen was swapping in an Audi 5 speed trans (almost direct bolt in, just gotta swap axle flanges) which would have gave me S equivalent power and a better cruise 5th gear.

Some bitch pulled out in front of me though and it's totaled. Buying this e36 M3 off a dude tomorrow. Already have a bunch of spare parts and performance goods, so it'll be the better choice in the long run.

I don't know who you are, but I love you.

ND Miata as a daily driver. It was my first convertible, and I never bought into people saying highway driving is taking with a convertible

About a year later, the novelty wore off. Top is never down anymore. And I absolutely dread highway commutes now. It is way, way too noisy

I'm thinking of getting a removable hard top when they start hitting the market. Can anyone with older models + removable hard times chime in on noise reduction? Is it significant?

Don't let them push you into buying something you won't like. You'll regret it every single drive.

Get the fucking manual, show them how to operate it, or tell them to get the fuck over not being able to use it.

Trust me dude, don't budge. Or at least, compromise and buy a cheaper auto and spend some cash on a side bitch with a stick, handling, and some fat tread.

Buy a manual for 6k

I inherited a Clio 197. Bright yellow race stripes fancy wheels. Ridiculously short gearing and bugger all torque. The worst daily driver. Flogged it bought a daihatsu charade. 100%

Skyline GT-R that I don't drive enough, but don't want to sell because reasons.

Bought a decent NA Miata after hearing how wunderbar the handling is and how easy it is to fix.

I'm pretty sure my fucking Fit is faster, especially on dirt.

Jesus christ are those slow. I went from a Holden Barina to a base model 316i and the fucking barina is faster by a mile. BMW compact's are cheap and good economy cars, but fucking gutless like a 20 yr old gt86.

Im considering just talking to the sales manager and ordering a manual civic coupe (only ones new are in cvt) if my parents let me get manual by 2018 otherwise im going to try to convince them to let me get an rsx or 9th gen manual because it'll probably get beat up in the college parking lots since im transfering colleges by that time.

Any falcon after 1976 or before 2012 is complete utter dogshit. Even the new ones are pretty disappointing and get shat on by late-model dunnydores.

Why do you have to keep reminding me that I bought the ecoboost and not the 5.0

Honda has always been an edgier and more overrated copy of toyota. Even the best honda's are literal meme cars

Idk, I always believe most cars have their own flaws, and as a owner you just have to get use to it, or try to make them not as bad with mods

>he thinks you can get an auto ST

Lel

Where did the "it's a 316i so it must be a compact" meme come from? Also, no, they're not good economy cars.

Keep it stock and maintain it. If it's in good shape it will be worth a lot with time.

>Buy a cheap autotragic S13 with a CA18DE just for something to fix up and learn to wrench on.
>Put up with all the shit that it throws at me. Enjoy being able to drive it.
>Friend lets me take his SR20DET for a spin

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

MK. V GTI.
8000,- € worth of mechanic bills in just over two years (gearbox, clutch & flywheel along with tons of bits and pieces of the undercarriage replaced, I specifically bought a well-serviced manual drive one to avoid any expensive DSG issues).
Trying to sell it right now and I'm looking at about 5500,- € in depreciation on top of the repair expenses, and that's before you even start factoring in the day-to-day running costs of insurance, road tax and fuel..

Yeah, Miatas are way fuckin' over rated.

Not to mention every new guy thinks that it gives them super driving skills. Always pissed them off when I'd beat them on a track in my piece of shit auto 4 cyl Fiero

They're not that bad. What was the issue?

At least the miata won't fly off the track In a massive spin out while on fire.

8th gen civic are soulless m8. Literally any other gen is better plus that the worst styling. Accords are just commuters unless its the v6.

shoulda got a gti for 6 k more

Jaaaysus Chrrrrrist I'm so sorry, the 6 cylinders are such a good engines