RIP Dart

RIP 2012-2016

Did anyone here buy it?
Did you like it?
Will it ever get collector's attention due to short lifespan?

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/09/18/dodge-darts-death-follows-short-life/90615162/

cheap forgettable econobox: the car

I'm actually debating buying this or a new 2015 Lancer because they both have low prices near where I live

It's just the Neon 2.0

I'd imagine that the Mopar Dart's will be a niche collector car, kinda like the old Shelby Chrysler and Dodges

>>"Fiat Chrysler promised a new kind of small car that combined American design, comfort and technology with Italian flair, sportiness and fuel economy."

what you actually got was American fuel economy and handling with Italian reliability and comfort.

they were nice looking cars, I'll give them that, but the powertrain completely let the car down.
They

Got to drive one as a rental. Had good trunk space and visibility was alright. Underwhelming engine, developed a rattle in the dash halfway through driving it.

This. No one will miss it or care

The first gen neon and those old Shelby chryslers are faster than the new Dart

Here lies Dart. He never scored an SRT model.

This.
A small and fast car like the dart would have gotten it more attention

ACR Neons have a cult following. But the Dart is just a Neon with Charger track taillights.

In the near future electric cars will be more common and onky genuinely interesting or reliable cars we know about now will survive.

The Dart is specifically marketed towards ignorant people that want their first turbo but don't want to actually learn about performance or why things are reliable.

Why do you have a thing for almost dead brands that depreciate super fast?

the Dart is not a Neon, it's a fat Giulietta full of leftover Daimler electronics, too many fucking airbags and it was marketed with a ham fist.

>ignorant people that want their first turbo but don't want to actually learn about performance or why things are reliable

What a bunch of crap. The same could be said of any car.

>too many fucking airbags
yeah fuck crash safety

Both terrible options. Get a used Mazda3 or Civic

I remember when the Dart was a real vehicle.

because the internet price has my attention

You
You are what's wrong with the auto industry
You don't need 7 goddamn airbags if the fucking structure was engineered properly

That's more expensive than a ls1 camaro or trans am.

I looked at one because I thought it was going to be a newer neon SRT-4
I bought an actual SRT4 instead

Why would I buy old when I could have a new car? I don't have the time for maintenance or projects

It's slower and less reliable

He might be stuck in a situation where he needs an auto loan. When I asked for one my conditions were it had to be 2010+, 100,000 miles or under.
I walked out, but not everyone has that option.

It's going to be a DD/family car, not a fun car. Some of us have kids.