Literally everything wrong with automobiles today can be blamed on California

Literally everything wrong with automobiles today can be blamed on California.

>Fucking nanny state commifornia passes law saying doors have to automatically lock themselves when the car starts moving because californians are retarded.
>Car manufacturers arent going to make a separate car for California so the car that is sold everywhere in the US gets auto locking car doors.
>rinse and repeat for always on headlights, windows that dont roll down all the way, etc.

My car has none of this

pretty sure daytime running lights was a yuropoor innovation

My car does none of this. It's a 2014.

Well, that's not true. The auto lock doors has an on/off setting in the dash menu.

I live in norcal and 100% agree with you. Our governor is a cuck.

I thought headlights always being on was a Canadian thing?

None of these things bother me at all. I never even think about them.

Uh, do you not lock your doors when driving?

>windows that dont roll down all the way
is this a thing?

God bless Cali. Always looking out for the common man

What do you want some melanin enhanced gentleman to car jack you with your doors unlocked?

back windows "for the children"

Not like a kid who thought jumping out of the car window was a good idea was going places anyway

didnt most cars use to make child windoes an option you could engage and disengage with a switch in the rear passenger doors?

I agree that California has some of the most ridiculous car regulations this side of the Pacific, but I don't think they're the single point of failure. They're trying to make cars safer for the lowest common denominator across the board, not because the Terminator thinks we should. Case in point, Washington. Never in my entire life have I seen more people merge into each other than I have in that god forsaken state.The inability to adjust and check mirrors properly and regularly has necessitated that cars come with alarms to tell you "Hey, there's a car next to you." We have reached a point that people are so completely ignorant of their surroundings that they need an alarm to warn them of the presence of another person.

also insurance companies and women.

Insurance companies hate having to pay up so they push for more safety. anything that can let them say "nope. the car warned you about that and you still did it nope. you wont get a dime".

And women. I read an article today about how women are more involved in the auto industry than ever before, and that they buy cars more than men. so they are making cars to cater to women. they even fucking spell it out. "We care about things like safety, since a woman might be more distracted by whats going on in the back seats" "we dont care about horsepower. It's not what you have but how you use it" etc etc she spouted off all the cliches about female drivers. And it makes sense. Cars are no longer aimed at or designed for men. They are meant for women.

Have you not experienced how stupid most people are? And literally who the fuck cares about those two examples? I like the auto-lock and the back windows aren't a problem at all. What a stupid fucking thread.

My '14 Camry has that, you can turn it off in the settings though.

OP is nocar

>tfw my 2006 has auto-locking doors when you go above 15mph

Cucked

Stay cucked flyover hick.

>commifornia passes law saying doors have to automatically lock themselves when the car starts moving

This is not a law.

>always on headlights

Daytime running lamps aren't exclusive to California. Nor were they implemented at it's behest.

>windows that dont roll down all the way
>back windows "for the children"

Look at a family sedan in profile and try to work out the physics of why you can't roll the back windows down on all the way. Here's a hint: Look at the wheel well's intrusion into the door. Pic related, a '99 Outback, actually tilts the window forward to open further. But still can't open all the way due to the size of the door structure.

>didnt most cars use to make child windoes an option

There's typically an on/off switch in cars with electronic windows. This has been standard since at least the early eighties.

>california
>rapes you on taxes
>cucks your vehicles
>cucks your guns
>crowded
>high cost of living

Canada requires Daytime Running lights on all vehicles since early 90s

This could also be from the cars door frame