Holy fucking shit gran turismo 4 feels dated as fuck...

Holy fucking shit gran turismo 4 feels dated as fuck. No matter how much i wanted to enjoy replaying it i cant stop feeling as if its outdated as fuck

>inb4 /ovg/

Also, am i the only one who bobs his head or body to one side when playing racing videogames during turns because i am autistic or is it a common thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gqhEajjOUWg
youtube.com/watch?v=MJSPuOcNBGc
youtube.com/watch?v=itnTsc-zZos
youtube.com/watch?v=CKAB0GF6Atc
youtube.com/watch?v=E6uqKgJ8wvc
youtube.com/watch?v=4337pm0ouAY
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_forzagarage_week_6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Holy fucking shit gran turismo 4 feels dated as fuck. No matter how much i wanted to enjoy replaying it i cant stop feeling as if its outdated as fuck

I tried to play many of my old favorite racing games and the car models are an eye-sore and i just can't go back after the highly detailed HD renders of cars in modern games. Its also why i hate Gran Turismo now because they can't update the car models because Polyphony Digital doesn't want to outsource their fucking car models and don't even get me started on the Sound. i imagine all this stuff will continue even on the PS4 which is unacceptable.

>am i the only one who bobs his head or body to one side when playing racing videogames during turns because i am autistic or is it a common thing?

I only do that during very hard and intense races. I use to do it quite a bit on Forza Horizon because the difficulty on "insane" mode felt like the AI was defying physics and no matter how hard i took the corners they would somehow take them even harder. even if they were using a heavier car.

I've kinda lost hope for Gran Turismo altogether though it seems they will never change. Maybe we have to wait for Gran Turismo 8 or 9 for a big breakthrough in sound and updated car models. i doubt 7 will feel as huge of a leap 3 did.

I points drift in forza 6. Top 25 in the world on rivals. I tilt my head to either side going around corners, depending on the direction of the corner.

Jesus fuck thanks. I suspected that the thing i did was a serious mental issue or hardcore autism.

I dont mind the graphics from GT4. Its the "other details" you know?

Not being able to repaint your car
Not being able to rebuild your engine if its too old, and having to just change oil each 3 races to keep high power
No interiors nor interior camera modes at all
Sometimes the AI is just shitty
Being a TDU1 fan, being so dissapointed with TDU2, and loving customizing street cars, forza horizon would be my ideal game, or at least forza horizon with the amount of cars and car phsyics from Forza Motorsports. That being said, i do not own any kind of xbox console, and i dont want to install windows 10 to get horizon 3 since i think it might be worse than the first 2 games and i dont think my PC can run it.

I really wish Street Tuner Evolution wasn't canned.

Literally Emulate with 3x internal resolution in 1080i mode with AA and anti strophic filtering

looks as good as most modern games

>have fond memories of playing NFSMW 9 years ago, remember it looking great
>play it again
>mfw those graphics and that filter

Don't get me wrong , I still enjoyed and completed it, it's still the best cop pursuit game out there, but holy shit old open world games aged so bad

>>/ovg/

Gran Turismo is slowly dying, Polyphony is seriously stuck in the past and won't update their game, it's been proven before with their constant delays and now look at Gran Turismo Sport coming out soon, it looks even shittier some how. The sounds still haven't been updated, customization is still a very small feature compared to other games, the car list is terrible. The list goes on and on, it's a shame that it's seriously ending like this since I've grown up with Gran Turismo but nothing is changing and people are starting to take good notice.

OP here. I am using PCSX2 too, cant use internal resolution scaling cuz PCSX2 and my CPU just cant handle it. But i have no complaints about graphical quality or performance, like i said before, i dont care about those things, the cars still look good.

Its the physics, the cameras, the lack of customization that bothers me.

>NFS MW is my fav game
>play it again
>graphics kinda hold up
>i dont mind the filter
>i love the daylight design
>the physics handling is the worst of the series
>FWD cars behave like RWD
>RX8 is treated as if it had pistons
>no mods to change handling or to make it more realistic

Thread doesn't talk about Gran Turismo 4 or any other racing games often and has devolved into shitposting over the past few months so there's no other place to talk about racing vidya without going to reddit.

Yeah I know what you mean. It's definitely aged better than GT1 though, which makes me sad since that's the game that launched my love of cars.

oh yusss. I miss those amalfi courses.

>that track

i feel you, even if i did the same with NFS U2. Then again, that entire game was ricers paradise

If they ever redid U2 it'd look a lot like NFS 2015.

NFS Games always treated doritos as if they were ordinary piston engines.
I remember I could tune the cam timing on a RX-7 in ProStreet.

not played the 2015 one. but i loved U2 because all the irrelevant shit you could do to your car

>split hoods
>suicide doors
>sound system
>nitrous purge
>underglow neon
>neon under hood
>neon in boot
>spinners

and most games just dont have that shit anymore. ricing lived in a time now long past

>NFS Prostreet Speed Challenges
>Those Ebisu and Nevada tracks while going over 325kmph all the time
>At least half the field would wreck spectacularly every time

About the last time NFS was any real fun.

>all the irrelevant shit you could do to your car
Oh fuck yes.
On all other games I'd be really subtle when it comes to exterior mods. On U2 I'd go all out and fuck up my cars beyond recognition. If they'd make an Underground 3, I'd be pretty stoked.

>Nevada Speed Challenge
>JP Laurent swerving in his Zonda
>Showdown Drag Races
>Joe Tackett trying to race >=600HP monsters with his shitty Civic
It was a underrated fun game.

tfw I had NFS U2 on xbox but lost the disc

last time I played it on PC it would intermittently crash every 20 mins or so.

NFS Hot Stakes/Road Challenge (original 2000 one) > NFS U2 > NFS U >>> NFS MW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other NNFS

The main reason for that is because they introduced shitty input filter since GT4 IIRC.
Basically, the faster you drive, the slower the input.
The moment your front wheels start getting even a slight degree of understeer, your input is getting capped at that point, basically an adjustable steering lock, the most unintuitive shit ever.
As a result it feels like you are driving these cars on rails, same shit with GT5 and 6.

Forget about keeping it steady trough corners, as you slow down in corner, you have to unwind the wheel constantly because your turn will tighten as speed filter flattens, as you speed up out of the corner, your car will have reduced steering lock so you'll have to turn tighter.
Shit is getting adjusted dynamically because of that you really cant predict how your car will react to analog input at any given time, because of that approaching fast turn is nervewrecking since counterintuitively you have to tilt your analog stick fully since oyu have only few degrees of steering lock at high speed.

Played recently GT2 and it feels much better without those filters.

Drove this track recently on tourist trophy, was pretty fun, PD really knew how to make visuals back in the days, this track still look stunning.
Shame as some user mentioned they stuck in the 90's gameplay wise, no structure of a racing game at all, no AI capable of actually racing you, shitty input filters you cant disable that make racing on pad the most annoying experience ever, empty promises like track editor, rally physics that cant compete with Colin from psx much less anything modern, damn I feel like GT2 had better rally physics and thanks to the fanboys they can pretend thats what fans actually want.
Forget the fact that on GT Planet "The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread" has 13 pages and "The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread" 223 pages of replies.
Forget the fact they opened suggestion subforum which was abandoned almost instantly.

NFS MW > NFS Hot Porsuit > NFS U2 > NFS U1 > NFS Carbon

Cant say about the rest. Never played them

NFS porsche unleashed was absolutely the best for me, this game had some incredible comfy thing going on and you actually felt a sense of progression as you worked your way trough the game.
Not to mention music on psx was much better than on PC, surf rock went so well with this game.

>when ricing your civic was actually cool

Acceleration...[][][][][][][][][]
Top speed......[][][][][][][][][][]
Handling........[][][][][][][]
Thats not ricing, thats tuning.
Ricing would be a bodykit with those stats.
Acceleration...[]
Top speed......[][]
Handling........[][][]

>£75 of Windows 10 Store gift cards
>Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Editon
>16GB RAM on the way

Friday is going to be amazing

WHAT FUCKING CAR GAMES ARE THERE FOR PC WHERE I CAN CUSTOMIZE AN R32 SKYLINE TELL ME NOW I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION SO MANY TIMES IM NEARLY GOING TO BLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Get yourself an rFactor
>Learn some blender and gimp
>??????????
>R32 Limited FGT Spec its "2016 Cum on me" Edition

Street Legal Racing Redline + Mods
Maybe Forza Horizon 3 now
TDU 1 has a skyline R34 but you cant modify it
not many after that.

Maybe boot up an emulator for PS2 and you will find a lot.

Fast & Furius game
Tokyo Xtreme Racing 3
Tokyo Xtreme Racing Drift 2
cant think of many more

thanks, hopefully the new forza has the r32 then ill definitely buy it

And the soundtrack is god-tier
all the other NFS games i played was with the music muted, especially U1 and 2

what about MW OST?

Still looking for it.

It's not that good but it's memorable.

I think it was a really good rock one. NFSU1 dont remember that much, U2 was too much into hip hop and shit (but fuck shit that riders of the storm cover is great) But MW is going full rock, and that's not a bad thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=gqhEajjOUWg
youtube.com/watch?v=MJSPuOcNBGc
youtube.com/watch?v=itnTsc-zZos
and my 3 favorites:

youtube.com/watch?v=CKAB0GF6Atc
youtube.com/watch?v=E6uqKgJ8wvc
youtube.com/watch?v=4337pm0ouAY

B'sides. That game spawned my love for BMW M3.

To this day i want an E46 and just paint it like the game. I dont want side exhaust, maybe the carbon fiber spoiler, maybe the GTR bodykit, and i dont care what engine it has or if its the USDM or the EURDM, i just want it.

>but fuck shit that riders of the storm cover is great
That's really the only song I remember.
When I think of MW I think
>I AM ROCK
>Nine Thou
>and the sets go up
>and the sets go up
>and the sets go up
>Do ya thing

>unironically going to Reddit

There's nothing stopping you from posting about GT4 some people were talking about older GT games a few threads ago iirc

>sets go up

That would always appear during menu music, and do ya thing would always appear whenever i started the game.

Am I the only one that kinda enjoyed Undercover? It didn't feel like a NFS game tbqh but it was still somewhat enjoyable.

it was a pretty weird game, in bumper cam it felt like you were going in overdrive, seriously 400kph was unbearably fast especially through traffic, but when changed to any other kind of camera the game felt like it was getting slowed down

but yeah I enjoyed it for that amazing sense of speed

It was a okay game, car selection was reasonable but the world was pretty big (despite being only straight long highways)
For some reason the cars had some weird acceleration bug when you handbrake-turned but that might be just me.

>shilling for microsoft

>but the world was pretty big
It was big and confusing, for me at least
If you bought a 911 and maxed it out, you were pretty much set for the whole game. Some stock supercars don't even compete

>am i the only one who bobs his head or body to one side when playing racing videogames during turns because i am autistic or is it a common thing?

Ehh I kinda did that on need for speed on the wii becasuse hurr motion controls, anything else yeah that's funny. On Moto GP, for giggles I guess

>thanks, hopefully the new forza has the r32 then ill definitely buy it
It's in.
forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_forzagarage_week_6

Recently started playing NFS Shift again
>actually not bad at all
>so impressed that I ordered Shift 2
Will I be disappointed?

They changed alot of the game including the driving physics. It's not as good but has a few things better than Shift 1

Slightly more arcadey physics but more content.

Need for speed 2016
>Despite how much of a letdown the game is. I give the customisation on some cars a 7/10

Bought it on release because I was a kid in love with NFS series, never finished it due to how buggy and uninteresting it was. Maybe I would've like it if it worked properly, but from what I remember textures not loading, random FPS drops and other graphical bugs were pretty much the norm for the game. Also, wasn't Undercover the reason EA switched developers for NFS?

I give it a 9/10.

Forza or nothing

>Those final Showdown races where Tackett still drives that shitbox Civic on what is one of the highest-speed Grip tracks.

You'd have to hope that you wouldn't meet that mobile chicane on the narrow sections of that track while lapping it.

I tried playing GT5 a few weeks ago, and Jesus what a clusterfuck that was.

I wonder if GT2 would hold up to my nostalgiac childhood memories.

Has there ever been a better racing game for cosmetic customization?

Forgot my image

>>i love the daylight design
I hated it, not sure why didnt play it all the way threw because of it.

Plus NFSU2 Was the best

Don't forget this sweet classic OP!!

didn't play it

I have only played the PSP versions and it is great for a portable game.

U missed out my friend kek!

R4 still holds up. Especially in the music department.

>Holy fucking shit gran turismo feels dated as fuck.

Fixed for you. GT should've died with the dumpster-fire of a 5th game IMO.

overrated game

I've thought about trying to play GT3/4 again, but I know I'd be quickly driven mad by the lack of any decent music in the games.

PGR2 is still fun to play

Born a little bit too slow isn't a bad rendition. Besides, i think iron maiden had a song in GT4?

>bought 360 version of MW2005 not too long ago
>streamed music from W7 laptop
>playing based Wangan Midnight and Ridge Racer Type 4 tunes while demolishing roadblocks in the SL500