/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, October 26th:
1597 – Imjin War: Admiral Yi Sun-sin routs the Japanese Navy of 300 ships with only 13 ships at the Battle of Myeongnyang.
1689 – General Piccolomini of Austria burns down Skopje to prevent the spread of cholera. He died of cholera himself soon after.
1775 – King George III of Great Britain goes before Parliament to declare the American colonies in rebellion, and authorizes a military response to quell the American Revolution.
1909 – Itō Hirobumi, four time Prime Minister of Japan (the 1st, 5th, 7th and 10th) and Resident-General of Korea, is assassinated by An Jung-geun at the Harbin train station in Manchuria.

>News
EU4 Rights of Man and patch released. Search Veeky Forums's archive with archivebro's trip for links.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11510450
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/get-a-free-eu4-unit-pack-with-your-pdx-account.893601/page-37#post-20592491
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

kill yourself. you're the worst shitposter of them all

Reminder that R&I is a severely autistic and obsessed NEET, he seriously needs to seek psychological help of some kind, although preferably he should just be euthanized humanely.

He has been doing this months or years now: prepare /gsg/ threads every day, update them all the time, constantly check the current thread so he can make his own one about 20 posts early and then post the signature reply "Reminder to report and ignore shitposting" which makes no sense since it's an oxymoron.

Just think about it, think about all the effort he's investing in a shitty general that could easily be maintained by just about anyone else, not to mention that pretty much everyone here hates him.

And he does this every day, multiple times a day even. Sometimes he does miss threads, but it's still ridiculously obsessive.

As I'm posting this he probably has already prepared a thread for later today and is anxiously waiting for this thread to reach the bumplimit so he can continue the cycle as always. He's clearly a NEET who probably hasn't done anything worth of any note in months or years, so he can afford to do this 24/7.

What a sad creature. Please put him out of his misery, anyone. No one deserves to live like this.

Hey /gsg/, just got HOI4 to play with a friend and the multiplayer just won't fucking work, I can't join his game and when I host he joins fine but I'm not even recognised as a player in my own game.

Any advice/comment?

Play HoI3

Do you guys ever convert to feudal as a nomad?

Should I take that to mean that HOI4 is unsalvageably broken for multiplayer?

You don't ever need to, even with the nomad nerfs. Besides, nomad gameplay is for the most part more enjoyable than feudal.

oh that's a known bug where the game doesn't work when there are human players in it.

In previous patch - right before converting to eu4.
Now - not so sure.
And your counties not upgrading from tribal automatically really fucked things up.

Samefag

How were nomads nerfed?

Nomads are too OP still.

Horse archers and light cavalry were nerfed, whereas they were previously unstoppable, pillaging was also nerfed. It used to be repetetive as fuck but it gave a ridiculous amount of gold and tech no matter the state of the holding being pillaged, so even as a backwards nomad you'd outtech even the Byzantines in the only relevant fields.

Sure, but they were beyond broken on release, even worse than trade republics before the trade post limit was introduced.

That would mean not burning everything to the ground and genociding the natives. Why would I want to do that?

How screwed am I?

>127k
uhh just make them fight the Seljuks somehow

Shit's on like Donkey Kong

they don't take attrition anyway, so there is no point really, the real question is how did russia do so good?

Is there anything I can do about it then?

make a game without players in it

wew

0-4 Muslim france

5-9 Karen

>how did russia do so good?
At first the Mongols were united and Russia was fractured, later on the opposite was true. Ivan III refused to pay tribute so the Khan gathered up his forces but were defeated by the ruskies and then ambushed by another Khan after he had retreated, after that the horde split up.

Do in EU3

CK2 lad

>not a single warscore gained from this battle
Holy shit, should I just disable the DLC before they meme all of Europe?

That seems to have solved itself, however disappointing it is.

If you mean Russia in-game, it's because I am Russia.

Anyone know when EU4 1.19 Denmark patch will be released?

TAKBIR!

So I just got HoI4 of g2a after running 1.0 since release, what's been going on since patch wise?

Nah, it looks like the instigating force was a lord who won't gain any warscore from the fight.

It's the worst fucking thing ever when it happens.

How do I make CK2(HIP) harder. I started as a count in Hungary and ruled the HRE in 2 generations.

I've crushed them six times in the mountains now, causing roughly 25,000 casualties for them but not a single point of warscore still. At this rate they'll be unbeatable because they can siege faster than you can amass warscore to prevent them from force peacing you at 100%

Are you sure there isn't anyone stealing your warscore? There looks like a grey shield in your stack, and I'm blaming that just because there's no way you can't be getting any warscore. I've fought them before and you do get points from battles.

Samefag

I (personal and vassal levis + 3 holy orders) was the only one participating in those battles, the battle result screen showed 0.0 changed in warscore and the war screen in the bottom right only showed enemy warscore gain from sieges, none gained from battles at all from either side.

Independent Frisia has been fun. Fighting wars against the HRE when they are twice your size is a challenge.

[being raided intensifies]
Turn raiding off if you're going to play Frisia or you'll have to raise your levies about twice a month just to defend against the 500th monthly viking raid

Place your bets

HoI3 multiplayer is shit too, but HoI3 overall is better than HoI4.

>He has been doing this months or years now
newfag

I started in 1066 so most of Scandinavia is Catholic.

Samefag

It's over 2 years now.

Just think about it.

strawpoll.me/11510450
strawpoll.me/11510450
strawpoll.me/11510450

Will post Texas game images if requested

Any of you know how to obtain the Catholic Majors Unit Pack, perhaps in form of a mod or whatever?

It was offered to those who activated paradox account, but it has now ended. Now, according to paradox, there is no way to get this pack- "for now"...

I want it though. I hate that Spain and Poland have generic units when they really shouldn't.

probably can just download it like normal.

groB
did they hike up AE in rights of man?

No. It's not available anywhere. Paradox even says it themselves.
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/get-a-free-eu4-unit-pack-with-your-pdx-account.893601/page-37#post-20592491

Doesn't matter anyhow, you knew exactly how much AE you'd gain when you made peace treaties and it even tells you who would definitely join a coalition. Fuck off.

What the fuck's your point you autist? I asked because it seems there's more AE generated.

Claims no longer reduce AE

You're complaining about a coalition war. And if you reply >I wasn't, then it sure seems like it.

I love when this happens.

If I were complaining, I'd have been more aggressive. I wasn't, you're reading too much into it. Like an autist.

Kek, what an autist.

Hahaha, you are so autistic.

all me

Certified: Autism.

>2016
>Having autism
Kekkity Kek.

you dropped your tendies

>Samefag

objectively false, you autist

Go back to /r9k/ you autistic weeb.

what the fuck is wrong with you

Gonna do a Rome mega campaign from ck2 - hoi3

Which year do I start in?

shut up autist

Autistic.

Play as kebab

all me btw

Start late and skip EU3/4 or you will have conquered too much for HOI3 to be worth the bother

>still no indication paradox is going to fix demesne limit game rules forcing a lowered vassal limit
>can't use quartered demesne period because of this (as if the strain from all the extra characters wouldn't be bad enough on its own,) halved demesne limit fucks byzantium harder than I'd like
fug

Why is it so easy to please poor people?

Because they are poor, they buy less stuff

I mean torrents

???

Makes sense I guess.

>Byzantium

>Rome

The inevitable happened and the Ottomans broke our 200-years old alliance and rivaled me. Now it's my job to curb their power, I will probably start by kicking them out of Egypt, the Levant and then out of Italy. Problem is, we have roughly the same military power, though they have Tunis as an ally, and they are pretty big. Besides the AI has a tendency to shit good generals.

What military idea do I get to fuck with the ottomans? I like offensive but quality also has its appeal.

If you want to post your game, post your game. If you don't want to post your game, don't post your game. Don't, though, beg for people to beg you to post your game.

What a strange game this has been.

Defensive
It's actually pretty good in general.

That Austria looks like it's having back problems.

>it's because I am Russia

Shit yeah, i am used to the Rus flag

What's the blue speck southwest of Krakow?

I'm really tempted to do a Russia playthrough in CK2, as I haven't done one since the game was new. Should I do a dirty tribal>feudal playthrough starting at Charlemagne or do I start feudal in 1066 and claw my eyes out from all the neighbouring tribals and nomads?

quantity and offense are the 2 best military ideas.

Defense has it's strong points if you only choose one mil idea or as first mil idea on low budget.

Quality only after Quantity and Offensive are done

It looks good to defend, to have bigger forts and bigger armies, like I was expecting a war of attrition. Not really what I'm looking for.

i'm in doubt about offensive of quality actually, the combat bonus for cavalry in quality stacks with my NI

Communist Silesia.

No such thing as "stack"

Meaning it's no better for you to pick it over any other country,

That being said as a horde you obviously benefit from the cavalry combat ability a ton which would make it better for you than other countries except quality comes with the arty and infantry combat abilities too making every possible army just the 10% stronger regardless of who picks it.

still waiting on HPM to add that Netherlands decision so I can play some Vicky 2

>All that effort put into the Fallout Universalis mod
>If you pick NCR you've beaten the game already and just have to blob over everyone
>If you pick anyone but NCR it's only a matter of time until the great orange blob consumes you
>Leading up to those point the game is painfully easy and you'll be swimming in money in no time
Why waste all that effort to make something so easy?

Best to let the AI take over in the last years of CKII or your empire will be too big. Have them inevitably fuck up and lose most of your territory to provide a modicum of a challenge in eu4

>No such thing as "stack"

>Serbia campaign
>Innovative,Economic, Religious, Quality, Defensive, Offensive
+40% infantry combat ability
+25% cavalry combat ability
+20% arty combat ability
+45% morale
+15% discipline

Modern firearms techniques, military zeal act, weapons quality standards and horse artillery policies.

ye but those ideas are as good for Serbia as they are for everyone else.

>All that effort put into Europa Universalis
>If you pick Ottomans you've beaten the game already and just have to blob over everyone
>If you pick anyone but Ottomans it's only a matter of time until the great green blob consumes you
>Leading up to those point the game is painfully easy and you'll be swimming in money in no time
>Why waste all that effort to make something so easy?

>All that effort put into the Victoria 2
>If you pick Prussia you've beaten the game already and just have to blob over everyone
>If you pick anyone but Prussia it's only a matter of time until the great grey blob consumes you
>Why waste all that effort to make something so easy?

>great green blob consumes you

No, they are better for Serbia than for anyone else.
Serbia has 10% infantry combat ability, 10% morale and 15% cavalry combat ability from ideas.
Those ideas also give -20% land maintenance and +20% land force limit.
Synergy is high as fuck.