ITT quirky cars

post unpopular cars that you find aesthetically pleasing and under rated sleepers

If the tires don't fit it's shit.

Always loved these, aesthetically beautiful
Shame we only got the 7m versions
>British-Leyland
Love the Mustang in a tux
Completely fucking pointless, the Blackwood is a retarded concept

>whaa whaa stop liking things I don't!

Cressidas are awesome, stop

Cressidas are awesome, stanceshit is for attention whores.

I owned one of these. Not fast. Handled like shit. But was the second most comfortable car I've ever driven. 9/10 would DD again.

They're just so fucking ugly though.

Mark VIIs are really held back by their heads and rear gear ratio.
Changing them out, along with changing from speed density to mass airflow really makes them come alive.
Another thing on the list is to get a valvebody to hold 2nd gear.

But then they're just fatter automatic mustangs with more comfortable seats, which I'm okay with.

how are those unpopular? Not very well known if anything

Fucking trash redline

looks like a burger knockoff of a merc coupe

>not unpopular
>just not known
LOL just like HS huh?

I know most people hate them for being pigfat boomermobiles, but there's something about the idea of a RWD LS hardtop convertible pickup that appeals to me

>HS
wut
but everyone tends to like their looks

These cars got a lot of backlash for being a failed mustang replacement, and then having a hilarious name.
They can surprise people though, the 2.2Turbo isn't amazing today, but back when the 2.3T SVO was the car to have, I remember this showing up and actually putting some work in.

But that was 20 years ago.
I don't know of anybody near me that takes pride in their Ford Probe or even their Mazda MX6, shit, you can't even find first gens anymore.

Looks like a testarossa knockoff, I like it

Probably isn't as popular because of the meme tax AE86.

this was my first car lol. base of the base though. Auto with a single cam 8valve carb motor lol

pop ups are love. I'll always appreciate the Probe just for that at least

Perfect first car lol, they won't die on you.

I would own one of these in a heartbeat.

m a z d a s p e e d 6
>comfy
>quick
>tarbo
>AWD w/ torque always being sent to the rear (search: ms6 drift)
>easy, smooth shifter

For what it's worth some of that generation actually carried Mercedes turbo diesels for some bizarre reason.

owned one for years, they're not that good

ms3 is better

s60r is better still

sorry if i burst your bubble

For real? lel

I looked it up, they were BMW engines. Which is funny because after I posted it looked like a merc knockoff I thought "it actually looks more like a BMW, 6 series or something like that"

why

there is a whole community of ford probe fans at the probetalk forums

i saw a mint first gen last year in salem, ma

Any Edsel wagon.

Yeah it had an inline 6 diesel turbo, and apparently some were manual. The #1 swap Mark VII guys do to their car, or at least the most talked about.
The car ended up with the 5.0 HO motor, that happens to be speed density. So Ford ALMOST got it right. Almost. Although a stock speed density at sea level would beat a mass airflow.

I own a Gen 1 MS3, but you can't beat the MS6's AWD and creature comforts. My twin has an MS6, and I drove his around when I could.

MS3 does handle better tho, and I like its smaller size. But you can't beat the comfy of the MS6

>fwd

Fast

Since when was the R129 unpopular?

Sleeper - perhaps. You cannot really tell if its a 300 or a 73AMG until it hits the accelerator

>Mustang with 2 extra doors

Love the 500SL but the interiors on them are super cramped, and very poorly layed out.

>lower cost opel vectra A
>no airbags or abs

My dad's cielo has abs and airbags tho

Oh shit I saw that exact one on Craigslist
Looks nice dunnit

>all that power under the hood
>drives everywhere at 10 under the limit picking his way around every little imperfection in the road thanks to heavily molested suspension and tires, all for the sake of looking "dope" to vape fags

>whystopthere.jpg

Hey is that a random photo or one taken by you?

Because I swear to god I walked past that exact probe and area when I was visiting my Family in Poland.