Audi TT

What does Veeky Forums think of the Audi TT, specifically 2000, 2001 Quattro. I can get a clean one with 100k kms for 10k. Is it going to be unreliable and expensive? Should I have a different car to dd? I don't need room for passengers. (No friends)

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/b-regina-area/350z/k0l1700194
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/regina/2003-nissan-350z/1197352743?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2016/06/Technology-and-Tradition---2000--06-Audi-TT/3749781.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Great car, but focus on finishing beauty school first

at the time that TT was the shit but now it's bad. dd maybe if you're a woman but go elsewhere

You should get a Boxster instead. You can get a pretty nice one for 10k.

My hairdresser drives a metallic blue one.

Does having a hairdresser make me gay?

what is a hairdresser? can you just say barber

sup OP, I just got myself a TT 8N Mk1 2000 165kw quattro with 120k kms for 4,3k.
I drove it around 200km and fucking love the shit out of it. Interiour and exteriour is in very good condition considering the age of the car. I'll have to fix a few scratches on the front spoiler though.
Don't be a douche and mod it tho. It looks best when it's stock. Only thing I would change are the rims, I actually like the ones in your post.

pic related the THICC ass of my TT.

forgot pic

beautiful TT, im also thinking of buying a second hand one but im too afraid of high maintainence cost. How much does it cost you on average?

mk2 and 3s are where it's at. that sweet 2.5 5 cyl is such a sexy sounding engine.

Only comes in the RS though, which is fucking expensive.

but so worth it. it's like a cheap supercar.

It sounds like sex and looks like a mini R8, but at the end of the day it's essentially a Golf with a bodykit, FWD-biased AWD and an (admittedly very nice) engine swap. It's just a bit disappointing, I guess.

Some oil seals were fucked and my right hinge(?) was somehow making strange noises when I was driving slowly. Total cost for everything was ~1,5k€ repair, I'm not sure what else they replaced/fixed but it should run flawlessly now. I believe yearly maintenance should be around 1k€ max otherwise.

Inferior to all of its competition would be the short way to put it.

Buy a 350Z or a 370Z instead.

350z are like 15k in my are for a bagged one or I would -_-

I learned to drive in a 6-speed '02 TT Quattro 225 (the one with the K04 in stead of the K03). They are surprisingly nice and fun cars considering all the shit that people say about them. Also, the 1.8t was used in so many VWs and Audis for so long that parts should be plentiful.

I remember 14-year-old me getting a rock-solid erection every time the turbo started spooling. I had to hide my erection every time I got out of it; something I never had to do driving my dad's suburban as a teen.

That said, my mom sold the TT long ago and we still have that Suburban, which I've since learned to drift in the rain (although if the auto shifts mid-drift it fucks shit up) and do hectik burnouts at stoplights so that's cool.

>parts bin car
>hairdresser car
>faggot car
>sidechick car
>a vw marketed for dummies that fall into the muh premium meme
>inferior to any and all competition

And a lot more could be said, sadly most bad.

>15k
Go out of your area. You should be able to get one for far less than that (unless you're only looking at the newer models).
I'm not American, but a pre-2006 (pre-engine revisions) should run you about $4-8k, with newer revisions costing more (+13hp in 2006, and another 6hp on top of that from 2007 onwards, not that it matters much).

Have an 02 Quattro 1.8 with a 5spd manual. DD for two years. Love that car. Engine is dependable. Turbo sounds fantastic. Handles highways like a dream (good mid-range acceleration and small profile make it dominate traffic). My problem with the car us the extremely firm suspension. Coupled with moon scape pot hole ridden NJ and NY where I live, and the front end is fucked. Rebuilt three times. Maintenance costs are also very high so prepare for that.

You mean a g35 or g37 right?

Listen OP, I'm not one to go all HURR FAGGOT/HAIRDRESSER/GIRL car but this user is right, unlike other cars that get this title this has no actual redeeming features and is just a pile of shit compared to alternatives.

>You mean an ugly ass sedan/coupe right?
No, no I don't.

Welp looks like I won't be getting a tt
These are said 350z in my area
kijiji.ca/b-regina-area/350z/k0l1700194

>.ca
ah, well I was referring to American dollars, in Canadian dollars this kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/regina/2003-nissan-350z/1197352743?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true seems right, albeit a little bit steep. There's a few cheaper options in Saskatoon, but that's a 2 and a half hour drive (apparently), but it depends how badly you want to save $1500 or so.

Here, have a redpill

hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2016/06/Technology-and-Tradition---2000--06-Audi-TT/3749781.html

I'm pretty excited for the new TT RS coming next year. Gonna be interesting to see what people have to say about it once it is out. The interior is one of the coolest out there right now.

You can just look at the Golf GTI and you'll know what it will be. Since well you know, it's just a Golf GTI with different body panels and a less space.

It looks about 1000x more cool than a Golf GTI too.

Doesn't a barber do male cuts exclusively?

>400HP 5 cylinder engine
>AWD
>Coupe
>Virtual Cockpit
>Quilted leather
>3.7 sec 0-60
Yeah definitely a GTI

sounds shitlord as fuck, how is this still allowed in 2016