Why are so many people afraid to buy unreliable cars...

why are so many people afraid to buy unreliable cars? lots of v12 mercs and bmws and v8 audis and awesome land rovers are just rotting in classifieds because there are so many pussies in this world

Why would I buy an unreliable car when I can get a reliable car that I will enjoy more for less money?

>rotting in classifieds
overpriced

They depreciate hard and parts will rape you for an arm, leg and half your cock. Owning one is a labour of love. Requires similar time and money to that of raising a child, but is more useful.

What are you considering OP, something like a CL 65 or an Audi A8 with the W12 engine?

Hey man I have one
In the shop right now lmao

>"Awesome Land Rovers"
Yeah, I fell for the "Wow what a cool 4x4, and wow it's so cheap!" meme about a year ago. Since then I've poured about 2k into it in replacement parts alone, not to mention all the special tools I've had to buy in order to work on it. Reliability is only a funny meme when the driving experience is supreme, which, in an aging Land Rover composed of plastic and metal about as strong as aged swiss cheese, it is not. Not to mention that you have to ship almost every single part either from Britbongland or some shitty hut somewhere in the Australian outback. I'd honestly rather shoot myself than buy another Land Rover.

>buy expensive shit for no reason

>used germshit car
nope

Because "car enthusiasts" now days prefer things dumbed down and simplified. Nobody understands the idea of learning or sourcing things themselves.

Getting your turbos?

>Kiss.

Keep it simple stupid.

That being said, i agree 100% with labors of love. It's worth taking the more difficult route sometimes, if it's something that will make you happy or yield a far superior performance benefit.

But yea, KISS is a solid engineering principle and you can't blame people for adhering to it.

I find reliability deeply attractive in a car.

Not everyone has money to blow.

Simple /=/ reliable
Simple /=/ cheap
At least not in every scenario.

dat sum c63?

How do you like it? Average mpgs around town? I'm torn between one or getting another 335. There's one here in my city that's clean, low miles, and even cpo'd for a bit longer.

E55
I love it, making nearly 700 torque with pulleys, tune, injector, and headers. Shits cheap too.
I get like 16 mpg, but I'm not easy on the throttle. 335 manual would be fun, they're entirely different cars though.

335 in manual of course.. they're getting harder to find. but the n54 is so sweet when it's running properly.

I test drove the c63 and the effortless power was nice. autobox tranny didn't seem too bad either although it felt kinda dimwitted in manual mode.

buying a new car is suffering

That's a cool looking 6

Rest of the thread: stop posting ugly fucking Mercedes

The 63s are a lot more raw than any of the M cars for sure, but yeah.. auto.

"No"

way more power. and the same size tire as the 335 lol.

>13B swap
perfect car

Because I can only own one car.
I'm not a mechanic.
I'm not rich.

Because cars are physically difficult to work on, given all the lifting, supporting, and digging through bodywork that you usually have to do, especially on car makes known for being unreliable

>not having a perfectly level garage with a full shop's worth of tools and manuals
>2016

Luxury power is best power

Tein coils coming in Oct
Final drive gear change on the list
EcuTek E85 tune down the road

mid 12's here I come.

What are you, fuckin gay?

That's a weak shitpost. I worked at a BMW dealership in Belgium and we had no nigger customer except a few diplomats with LWB 7 series or 5 GTs. That doesn't mean it was better since the typical BMW customer is the worst dickhead imaginable, especially the smaller models and SUVs. Bigger models and M owners are more chill.

In the states all second-hand BMW / Mercedes are driven by nigs but new ones are still mostly driven by whites even though white people are moving over to Audi, Lexus, and Tesla

Checkmate, Veeky Forums, there are about 50 times more BMWs than niggers in my country

>each nignog owns 50 BMWs bought with drug money

Some people can only afford one car and need to get to work every day.

Because petrol is fucking expensive,

1.59 (Euros per liter) =
6.72101869 U.S. dollars per US gallon.

So it's more like, 2l displacement tops, or the poorhouse.

LPG masterrace reporting in.
0.40 euros per liter = 1.70 US dollars per gallon

>tfw you're poor as fuck but can still afford to own a pos landbarge

1.59/l? Last time I checked it was 1.44/l or something.

Mid 12s with a turbo, i trust? Ive been in the process of scrounging up the last parts for my gs400 single turbo setup

Wont need FI for 12s.people routinely run low 13s with bolt ons and a tune. Headers, injectors, 70mm Tbs, final drive, 85tune should be enough for 12s no problem.

Im torn between SC and turbo though thats way down the road. SC is better to DD but tarbo is more power generally.

>1.59 (Euros per liter)
What fuel is that? The basic shit (95) where I live goes for about 1.35€ - 1.37€/liter

>v12 mercedes
>need new coil pack
>$1400
>might as well do plugs at the same time
>24 of them

>France
>being surprised everyone is a nigger
the guy that made that post was probably a nigger

C'mon, german cars look like shit to a lot of people. Can't blame 'em for not buying them.

>spending 1400 on a coilpack
Get them from the manufacturer for 800 dumbass

>german cars look like shit to a lot of people
maybe to ferrari driver or something
>Can't blame 'em for not buying them.
They don't buy them because they can't afford them.

How it looks is irrelevant when I pass your shitbox :^)

Yeah, better off driving some four cylinder.

m-muh ims bearings

nothing to worry about.

>Yeah, better off driving some four cylinder.

Unironically a 4G63T with a good turbo on it will make more power, be more reliable and cheaper than almost any V12 benz.

I've still been looking at 850s since the one I passed on, I'll probably end up getting one. Even with my skillset and access to equipment on the mechanical and bodywork side I still recognize I'll be lucky to break even when I fix it up. If everyone really knew what it took to keep some of these cars on the roads the cars would sell for even less than they do now, or more likely would just be in the junkyard. Delusional people still buy them though and can't let go, or go in to deep with repairs and feel they can't five up.

I bought an 08' 535xi for cheap knowing it had problems I would later come to terms with.

Man I want an older BMW so bad they look so fucking classy. And yeah the n54 is badass

That car is so ugly lmoa

Because being stranded at the side of the road, or worse yet, where there's no shoulder, sucks more than pretty much anything else.

I should get more tanned and move where that is a thing

Nigger gas is $2.69 a gallon for premium here

Shoulda bought a Cherokee, friend

>Unironically believing this

What condition was it in when you got it? Pics?

Because the people that can afford the ridiculous repair bills can afford to just buy the cars when they're new

I think I last paid around $2.62 for premium a few days ago

aw man GS400, this is what you did to that merc?
fuck man. do you even think before you shit all over the definition of taste or is it intentional?

Sup fellow KY bruh
Where you at?
Capitol/Lex myself

Newport/Bellevue
Wassup

Nope this is mine lol
Although I think it looks good blue

>passing anyone with a stanced car

Whatever makes you feel better slowfaget

Nm homeboi
Wonderin if there are more than a few of us in the quad-state area
If so, a meet up might be pretty cool, appalachia has some sick twisties that'd be pretty gud for some fun
Just a thought tho