/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Melon Edition

pastebin.com/tfYw51Rr (POI)

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free poimium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>5.13 (LIVE)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0513/

>Imperial Japanese Navy destroyer tech tree rework (WEEBS™):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/new-jpn-dd/

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favorite wowsg:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Ubermensch Clan:
NA: [HURTU]: na.wargaming.net/clans/wot/1000010943/

>Untermensch Clans:
NA: [KUMA]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021519
NA: [NTR]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000007315/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_ship
youtube.com/watch?v=ft-BPYbUNsU
youtube.com/watch?v=InhIIdLxp8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Let's talk about botes for a change?

If you could bring one warship back to full fighting condition, which would it be?

Why did the previous thread die? Shitposting in the OP?

this op sucks

bismarck or tirpitz

yamato maybe simply because it was the largest BB.

one of the museum BBs, maybe Massachusetts or one of the Iowas

No other correct answer

the enterprise (1705)

Thanks again Jake senpai

No competition desu.
Why wouldn't you bring back the biggest and best looking BB ever built?
Hell if only to see what she was actually capable of, seeing as she never got a chance to do anything and most of the records about her being destroyed.

this op is ass

Iowa..., oh wait.

I wish I had online friends

Yamato definitely. Would be nice to see what she truly was capable of.
Would be nice to see her become a museum. Would be nice to be able to enter her secret place.

Then go out and try to make some, that's how other people have been doing it lately
/wowsg/ is pretty nice guys, all you have to do is join the chat and ask to div and just have fun boteing with people

Would be nice to sail around and experience the world with her. Must have been a pretty nice view from that pagoda mast.
;_;

>last thread gets deleted for no reason
>new thread has a completely off-topic image for the new general

Didn't the janitor causing shit on Veeky Forums get removed? What the fuck is this.

I my internet is down till tomorrow. Ill join it tomorrow

>iowa bridge
>hotel pagoda
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

>a refitted Yamato with better joint welding, Tomahawks, and nuclear propulsion
She'd be the highlight of any battlegroup she sailed with. ;_;

>there will never be vids of Hotel and Museum bombarding Korea together
>there will never be vids of Hotel and Museum patrolling the Persian Gulf together
;_________;

>there will never be vids of Hotel
>there will never be Hotel

ok ill ask again

best tier 1-7 cruisers? guess its between VMF and IJN, which are best for bullying destroyers and other cruisers? which have high DPM?

How do i Fuso?

Lost like 10 games in a row with it, Kongo was amazing but this shit is giving me a cancer. What a trick for it?
Or it is just shit ship.

/wowsg/

Can your tell me why battleships aren't used anymore?

Especially with new weapon systems like ship mounted rail guns, aint-rocket lasers, ship launched missiles, and helicopters, a battleship doesn't sound bad to me.

Nazi cruisers.

You're not on the stock hull are you?
But anyway just stick around between ~8-15km and shotgun everything to death

>bullying DDs
VMF
>bullying cruisers
Anyone can bully cruisers, so long as they show you the right angle. No cruiser line currently will reliably penetrate angled cruisers with the same gun caliber.
>highest DPM
I haven't worked it out, but I'm pretty sure that's VMF.

German cruisers are good all rounders with high rate of fire.

VMF

Have you freeXP'd to the second hull yet? It's all roses then.

Battleships were obsolete by the beginning of WW2.
What you want is called an en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_ship

i thought they were supposed to be not that good.

>those casemates and fucking ski ramp
every time
But it's because building a low number of really big ships (that engage directly in combat and aren't CVs) is just nowhere near as effective or consistant as a bunch of smaller ships that can together mount more capabilities than a big new BB.
Also this shit takes a while to design and build anyway, and shit like railguns aren't exactly in full scale deployment as standard weaponry yet

because all those things can be put on smaller, faster, more maneuverable ships.

Stock PoorFag still, ok i will ses later how it will work

Stock Fuso might be the worst stock grind in the game, there's not really another better use of free XP in the game.

>bottom of the page has references to Strike Cruisers
>reminds me of old Star Trek games Nebula class, which were just giant space Torpedo launches

Fund it

They have good AP, and a sufficiently high RoF to start fires with their HE.
They're also pretty sturdy thanks to sloped citadel armour.
Their maneuverability is decent enough, concealment is discreet.
To me they're very balanced, i don't think they have any serious shortcoming but their HE could use a krupp buff.

Modern navy these days is about speed and firepower, meaning carrier groups are always going to be dominant.

Also redudancy, why mount all these weapons to one massive platform, when you can mount them to a handful of others? Battleships were built to handle their main guns, but modern firepower and accuracy far outstrips the need of large bore guns.

but do the russians have better AP?

TFW you're bad but you somehow pull off a great carry...

Dun-fucking-kek'd

Also thanks for bombing me at the end, Cartman :3

>tfw also no qt hotel gf

Nope, german AP is the best damage wise, while USN has the best penetration and autobounce angles, though they have low shell velocity and mediocre gun ranges.

>this is supposed to be impressive

>Playing halloween mode

dont german cruisers have low shell velocity as well? i remember seeing a video of the yorck and on paper it said the guns had 900 m/s velocity or something like that but in practice the shells seemed to pretty much hang in mid air for what seemed like forever.

>every shell hit starts a fire
>there's no captain skills to put it out quicker
It's like playing against endless Zaos

This user talks about T9. At T7-8 and T10 situation is a lot different.
Only Yorck actually has slow shell. Not actually slow, but has high drag, so it loses speed fast. At other tiers it is different but Germans usually in the faster side of things.

i literally do fuck all in the Baltimore and have no control on my victories

Is this normal?

We're talking average 20k dmg a game and highest 50k

>8 kills
>t6
>Solo carrying
>Not impressive

it depends on the ships as you go down the line as far as I remember, generally the germans get pretty good initial shell velocity but due to light shells they don't really keep it like some of the other nations
the Yorck is just kind of weird though and really just kind of an odd one out in the entire line so it's not really a good idea to base anything off of it.

WHY WONT THE FIRES STOP

woah, cool guy here

>We're talking average 20k dmg a game and highest 50k
at T9?
what
no that really isn't normal, the Baltimore isn't really a very good ship but it's not that bad

I find Baltimore very tanky. Though I played only about 7 battles.
t. other user, that recently got Baltimore

its tanky vs over CAs yeah but i find my self watching my team do the work like a cuck while i'm sitting here trying to outsmart their DDs going from rock to rock

if you are dying too early you don't know how to CAsual

if you are not dying you need to learn invisifire or to pick targets that are distracted

post load out and capt skills

>only got a chance to play spooky mode once before work.
What ships are the spooky ships based on? I only used the BB and I could tell that was the German T3 but what about the other two and the enemy ships?

>Weekend
>5 matches in Roon, 80k avg. 0 victories cause absolute shit teams

>Working day evening
>win 4 matches in a row with roughly the same stats

Weekends are absolute cancer, i can only stand playing DDs in the weekend, so i can be sure at least a cap point is taken.

that was kawaichi

wakatake and st louis i belive.

>DD
Walkietalkie
>cruiser
St. Cuck
>Zikasa
user, rub your brain cells together.
>Rasputin
Nikolai hue

RAH, RAH, RASPUTIN
LOVER OF THE RUSSIAN QUEEN

Basic enemy ship seems to be the Mikasa, the boss is the Nikolai
DD is a Wakatake
CL is a St Louis
BB is a Nassau

It's fucking Nassau. How do you guys keep on mistaking it for Kawachi?

Which game? In Armada 1 and 2 they were fragile ships with 4 special abilities when other ships only get 1.
>Make fleet 1:1 ratio of Nebula and Sovereign class starships
>Gemini effect
>We come in peace, shoot to kill

because it has that retarded gun set up

I suck at CAs but I have like 50k in it after 25 or so games. It gets better when you get the range upgrade and the hull for faster jukes. I haven't got the guns yet either and that should help with AP penetration and damage.

That's how I always manage to confuse the Scharnhorst with the Yamato

>press alt
>see ship name

?

user...

And the hull, casemates/secondaries, and superstructure are all completely different. Do you mistake the Nurnberg and Roon, too, since they have the same gun setup?

tbqh not many ships have their gun setup on a retarded hexagonal formation

i suspected it wasnt kawaiichi because its guns were actualy accurate

>retarded
>getting 3-4 guns on someone while angling is retarded

baka

It works in game but IRL it was buttfucking stupid for numerous reasons.

playing the kongo makes me so angry

>A full crash back is almost a non-event. That's where all four screws are reversed from full ahead to full astern. It takes a little over a mile for the ship to come to a stop before going in reverse, but there is no feeling of inertia throwing you forward - unless you turn the rudders inboard toward each other to close off the passage of water between the twin keels. That is called a "Barn Door Stop" and only the Wisconsin has ever tested it. A former XO of Whisky said that when they threw a piece of wood over the side from the bow at the onset of that maneuver, the ship came to a stop with that wood no further aft than turret III. That's stopping a 57,000 ton ship traveling at 33 knots in about 600 feet, which means that anything that is not tied down winds up on deck or against a forward bulkhead.
Iowa modeled as coming to a dead stop from full speed in under 200m when?

youtube.com/watch?v=ft-BPYbUNsU

Thanks for carrying me senpai.

Ill sent you an email tomorow

how do you manage to die in this game mode?

the ships are ridiculous and you get fast repairs along with a couple of repair parties.

>Can your tell me why battleships aren't used anymore?

The primary role of a battleship is to fight other battleships, it's why the have the armor that they do, and its why they have to mount giant ass guns that fire fuck huge armor piercing shells. Being able to shell beaches or be a floating AA battery are side effects and are roles that can be much better accomplished through other means.

No battleships to fight means that there isn't a mission for battleships and thus no reason to build them.

>He asks while he has three fires going

there were like 7 mikasas around, and the game was about to end so whatever

never because WG doesn't want anything but more sheckles

also avoiding torps would be so fucking easy

>fast repairs
>100s

What the fug is this ?

fast enough for me

play the game dude

NA event

>Acquire 4 fires
>Put them out
>replaced by 4 more fires in the next 20 seconds

GEE HOW DO PEOPLE DIE IN THIS GAME MODE???

As hints, If you have no intention of completing the objective, it's quite easy not to die. Zikasa only fires within 4km, and the catapults are really slow and predictable, so the only thing that can actuallly get you is Rasputin, which you need not ever really engage.

If you're actually trying to get Transylvania to Mount Doom, you're going to have to actively fight Rasputin and draw it away from Transylvania while the remaining Zikasa close in, and there will be a lot of secondary fire to dodge even if Rasputin is focused on somebody else.

t. Raptor and his incredible moving goalposts

youtube.com/watch?v=InhIIdLxp8g

is the range of the secondaries on the Zikasa the same as on the regular Mikasa

Prefer carriers but only good at battleships

>prefer BBs but only any good at CAs

iirc it's equivalent to a fully secondary spec MIkasa.

Why is that godzilla such an uneducated spergy autist? and why does raptor pal around with that kind of garbage

birds of a feather flock together

Who is "Godzilla"?

Who is "raptor"?

Are these two things boat-related?

godzilla is either raptors friend or raptors sekret autism account on reddit. raptor is a shitty redditor who hangs out here and sometimes posts embarrassing weebums of himself fucking up

How much xp do you guys usually get over an hour of play?

Asking yellow-green shitters