Why do people defend fwd? All cars that use fwd are objectively inferior for performance...

Why do people defend fwd? All cars that use fwd are objectively inferior for performance. Why don't the manufacturers just shell out the extra cash for rwd?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yaFNVt8jBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever you say faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=4yaFNVt8jBU

Because the vast majority of car buyers doesn't care about performance potential (FWD isn't a limiting factor until you get to something like 300hp anyway) and manufacturers care about maximizing their profits.

Then why is that slower than a miata cup car?
I'm literally not corey.

>muh performance

into the trash it goes

The MPG benifits are negligible too. That's why I'm asking.

Stupidity. They let manufacturers jew them out of a good car.

Cost benefits, MPG benefits, no driveline interfering with cabin space, slightly less potential points of failure.
It makes for an all around better car for people that don't care about being the fastest on the toegay, and it doesn't really limit anything until you start trying to force more than 300hp through there.

Rwd is shit in the snow and ice. Rwd is nice for a weekend toy but I've got to have fwd, awd, or 4wd to get to work in the winter.

Watch this thread explode into golden meme faces, smug anime pics and fastestlaps posts and hit 300 replies in 30 minutes, I'm calling it now

What you're saying here is that you really can't drive
What a fucking faggot

Is this a serious question? Because the Miata cup car is fucking fast.
I'm not saying fwd is in any way better than rwd or awd. Fwd can be fast though, really fast if they're engineered well. Like the type R or GTI Clubsport.

Can you fuck off? I'm so tired of asking questions and people derail it. I just want to know

They didn't offer the car I wanted in rwd and I live in ohio so i have to deal with some snow

>rwd is shit in the snow
It really isn't.

>i got to have fwd or awd for the winter
Then why don't you use awd for the winter??? Fwd is just worse in nearly all applications

Give up, all you are really doing is making a flame war.

If you want an honest answer, its because people buy a FWD car because its cheaper than a RWD car when you factor in insurance and other things, and since they spent so much money on it they need to defend it to the death and take anything against it as a personal attack. Trust me, my roommate has a ricebox Cobalt. Pic related is his car.

posting in a corey thread

Because I don't spend my money lik a 12 year old and FWD is cheaper to buy and own than AWD. I drive the thing for ~3 months a year, why the fuck should I spend more than 3k on it

Different cars are made to fit different purposes. Do some research, dumbass.

get ready for fwd shills up you asshole buddy
>inb4 MUH CIVIC TYPE ARRRRR BERGERKING TIME
>inb4 not acknowledging torque steer
offtopic, but does anyone else think that maisie williams looks like an autistic pig? how do people like that cunt?

>but does anyone else think that maisie williams looks like an autistic pig?
So, like most Brits?

because there is this new thing called weather and being able to sit three people in the back seat. they aren't as fun and really aren't meant to be tracked. but if you need a nice, cheap car that doesn't fishtail when it rains you should get a fwd car.

And cheaper products are usually shittier

What do you drive?

FWD is superior for high fuel efficiency and better than RWD for bad weather.

Most people in the world just want something that's basic transportation with low cost and good gas mileage

Posting this thread makes you look like a fucking retarded meme spouting faggot.

I literally don't give a fuck. The engine is fine, even if it's showing a little wear.
Tires are new and ready for winter
Suspension isn't shot
Literally use it to drive to the other side of town twice a day during the winter, it doesn't need to be a fucking tank because I'm not a cuck.

It's still inferior though

Not according to my bank account.

It is according to facts

Like your mom existent sex life

Not an argument

>mom existent

This desu senpai

Chevy HHR for commuting to work/uni/grocery shopping

Nissan 300zx for small errands and fucking around

My bank account contains nothing but facts tho.

>>inb4 not acknowledging torque steer
Not all FWD vehicles experience torque steer.

Pros

>cheaper
>lighter
>better mpg
>safer on snow and rain
>better all around dd

Cons

>harder to go sideways in the rare moments you bring it to a track

Stock ion redline or Chevy cobalt SS are great value buys for a fwd car.

>muh performacne
>why dont automakesr make econo boxes more expensive, durrrrrrrrrrr
>redesigning entire platforms
>less interior room
>way more parts
>more drivetrain loss
>shittier in snow and rain
i could go on, but youre a fuckin retard anyway

found the fwd shitbox owner who needs to justify their purchase

Yea, that's about it though. Most fwd is just a waste of time

>lighter
At the sacrifice of weight transfer

>defending fwd
die

>>inb4 MUH CIVIC TYPE ARRRRR BERGERKING TIME
using inb4 to disprove facts, lol how desperate

So you admit FWD is inferior?

Man you're a idiot if your argue one platform is better for one thing.the best benefit for a fwd car is the ability to put it where ever you want at higher speeds. Same cannot be done in other drive types, and if you think so I would love to see a awd or rwd take a sharp turn at 50+ because it would be hilarious

Even the FR-Slow is faster than the MX-5lower hardly an achievement.

Don't worry Mazda, maybe next year you'll beat a fwd civic from the 90s

>2.0
>DOHC
>a million:1 compression
>155bhp
I really don't understand

emissions?

Stay mad

Because cheap RWD is nonexistent in Miami.

Now fuck off and die you bus-riding scum.

>slower burgerking times means a car can't be fun

I want bus riders and faggots to leave this board and never come back.

>different drive wheels means a car can't be fun

I want bus riders and faggots to leave this board and never come back.

Idiot