Audi A4 / RS4 / B5/B6

I see there are a few people on Veeky Forums with this car. Lets talk about it.

personally I have a 1.8t quattro, APR tune, test pipe, forge splitter, forge wastegate actuator, rebuilt turbo, kw coilovers, FMIC.

i had a friend who had the a4b5 with a k04 turbo
and pretty much every suspension, engine, and transmission modification done to it

it was constantly apart in his garage he ended up selling it for a current year A4 2.0t quattro

i kinda like the new ones.

I have one

>Audi
>literally the Mitsubishi of Europe

smfh famalam

the 1.8t is pretty reliable family

I want one and I want to shove a V8 into it.

which v8? why not get the stock 2.7 twin turbo?

My friend has an Audi A4, quattro with turbo?
I dont know but he has an A4.

Transmission wont shift into Reverse anymore so its sitting.
Talked to the neighbor across the street from me (hes an Audi Mechanic), told me to not even bother with a lower model if it has problems.

>tfw kinda want an Audi

you can swap the transmission from the 2.7l and it has shorter gears.

Just the regular ol' Audi 4.2 V8. 2.7TTs are kinda rare and expensive, whereas old A8s and A6s with a busted auto tranny are easy to come by around here.

Also glorious V8 noise.

i know a guy who did that and it was glorious.

I know nothing of Audi (Toyotafag), and i dont have the time, money, or expertise to work on an Audi.

its really not that bad, its just different.

i like the way the old one looked inside and out over the new one

but he is in love with his new one he got new wheels suspension exhaust and front clip and euro headlights

Hmmm how are the Audi v8s?
Not looking to make power, just something to cruise around in.

Early ones with timing belts are pretty solid, later ones with timing chains are a total bitch.

i never personally had a v8 but it depends on if you want a small engine with big turbo, or a n/a v8 for swag. anything with a timing belt is gonna be reliable.

blasphemy. if anything swap a five cylinder in it

forgot my image

ooo yeah like a diesel inline 5 with the s4 head?

Nah, if I wanted 5 cylinders I'd go all the way and get a B4 80.

Which I also might do, depending on what I can get.

N/A all day.

whats to talk about rebadged VW's?

B5 Jetta
>rotated engine
>non turbo
>FWD
>ugly fat body

>B5 A4
>turbo
>AWD
>streamlined body
>heated door locks

The truth hurts you so bad you need to compare different chassis?

Jettas are based on Golfs you dumbfuck.

Plus, none of that shit you listed is in any way relevant.

Pently of models with turbo, awd is also availabe for VW.

And the streamlined body and rotated engine.

LOL

The Jetta and A4 never even shared a platform though.

The A4 is a B-platform car like the Passat, whereas the Jetta/Golf is an A-platform car.

What's funny is that the B5 Passat is one of the few generations that shares a lot of parts with its Audi cousins, the front is almost identical to the A4 and the rear suspension is nicked straight from the A6.

This also means, yes, you can V8 or 20VT swap a B5 Passat.

Close the thread boys. One more goyim that fell for the muh audi muh premium meme.

Parts bin cars. Made exactly from the same parts like a VW with a marked up price for fools that believe the marketing the jews at vag headquarters threw at them.

Owning an audi is like sticking letters to your forehead saying:

>IDIOT

Passats and A4s/80s usually don't share platforms though, the B5 was one of the few exceptions.

You can find a lot of other shit across all of VAG's range though (engines, AC units, switchgear and so on).

One of you sent me here, I kinda already got my answer but couldn't help to hear some more.

You should brush up on your vag knowledge senpai.

Passats and Audis are the same shit. Different body panels, same mechanics.

Only to appease the plebs some parts are only offered in some models to keep the illusion of them being different cars. Not enough to grant them a different car status though.

You wanna hear how you're an idiot for going after a 23y old VW?

i fucking love my b5 a4 2.8. such a compliant ride and can be sporty when you want it. loves carving canyons. its been incredibly reliable too. i always talk about it here lol
got it at 100k miles, just hit 130k two years later, with the average of one service at the shop a year, each about $1000, totally worth it, has never left me stranded, interior is gorgeous to this day, and perhaps one of my favorite exteriors of all time. the shifter is just so good albeit a bit long on the throws. no mods besides a WAT sticker pumping an extra ~15hp.

Passats share engines with A4s (and Golfs, and Polos, and Seats, and Skodas, and probably even A6s) but they're not the same car. A transverse-engined Passat is more closely related to a Golf than to an A4.

Audi a shit, this one repair cost me 75% as much as I paid for the car itself.

Never again.

I am pretty sure its already established that everyone on this board is an idi/o/t

The share engines, chassis, suspensions, transmissions, plastics, trims, and every other bit n bob thats hidden beneath the body panels jocko.

That right there makes them the same car.

thats not even bad lol...
if you cant handle some extra TLC, get a ford or civic where things cost like $200 at the price of sitting in a plastic rattling tub

>same transmission
>fwd vs awd

I can guaran-fucking-tee you that no Passat transmission will also fit any A4, with the exception of the B5 models.

audi owner just are a class on themselves

like supreme idiots

this is a B5 thread fucko

Because there aren't fwd audis.

Because there aren't 4wd passats

lel

try harder faggot

And i can guaran-fucking-tee you that you're wrong.

dude just get it and don't lie to yourself when it comes to parts/repair. its a badass car. get it checked out before you buy. pissing off Veeky Forums is also worth it.

>spend $15k
>still only get 400whp
>everything breaks
>fix it again
>instantly falls apart again
Audi

Passats have a transverse engine in most generations (B5 is an exception).

All generations of A4 have had a longitudinal engine.

How are these gonna share transmissions?

the a4 (b5) also came in FWD.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

01e transmission is an example of a tranny that was used on passats and audis at teh same time

many more other transmissions were shared

memes

In B5 platform cars. B6 Passats and onwards are transverse again, so that transmission isn't gonna fit.

using that in an argument is moot as its the equivalent of a bmw guy buying a 318 or 320 and thinking hes hot shit

Do you have any idea how cars work?

You came late to the party.

>audi

>rebadged vws

There i ftfy.

Are you fucking stupid?

Cause you sound like one. You just got proven wrong.

Way to completely fucking miss my original point. The B5 is an exception to the Passat family in that it has a longitudinal engine and literally is an Audi in disguise.
Other generations have a completely different drivetrain layout and are built on different platforms.

nah fuck that too heavy. use the one out of the recent golf/beetle and boost it

so kind of what gm does with cadillac and all it's other brands?

The price is in GBP, means it was like a $2100 repair.

$2100 on a $3000 car is not 'some extra TLC'

Except Audi doesn't innovate like Cadillac does and just sells VW parts with a massively marked up pricetag

Now you're just going on full damage control module.

You are wrong once again in your affirmations.

Engine layout poses no issue to the sharing of parts.

Since you are stupid and you're firing in every direction, HRN transmissions are another example for the B6 generation.

The wishes audi had for a complete separate line up of chassis have already been curbed by VW and they've been ordered to stay in line and use the group parts.

So yeah, cuck. audis were, are and will continue to be simple rebadged VWs.

Learn your shit about cars.

Pretty much. Only that the VW jews have been much more successful at up marketing a rebadged VW and making people thinking they're buying into something special.

repair labor does not depreciate like a car.

it is TLC, because its a fucking audi and it has higher quality parts, dont get me wrong, some shit they do is stupid like how in virtually all b5s you have to fucking take out the engine and front end for basically everything but look youre not owning a cheap jap/american grocery getter, it was a 40-50k$ when it came out, dont cry when something inevitably goes wrong like in any car and expect to pay civic prices.

>people pay top dollar for a VW in a fancy suit and think they actually have something special
News flash: Your car is shit and it's nothing special. You're willingly letting yourself get jewed here, you bunch of absolute cucks.

>because its a fucking audi and it has higher quality parts
>this is what audifags actually believe
It's a VW. You're paying Mercedes money for the German equivalent of a shitbox.

Aah yes I always think of Cadillac when I think of an innovative car company, because it's still 1955 here too.

>higher quality parts
>exactly the same 2.5 engine availible in a Skoda or VW of the same period
>1600 being in any way reasonable for a fuel pump replacement
>any other car a fuel pump replacement would be a 5 minute job and cost as much as a cup of coffee

hmm

>higher quality parts

> exactly the same fucking parts you find in a vw, a seat or a skoda

lel

what a fucking idiot

Cadillac is working on their own DOHC V8, and are responsible for developing the current High Feature V6 and the very successful Alpha platform (used by the ATS new and Camaro, to name a few)

That's more than Audi can claim

top shelf bait here folks, real premium stuff

repair costs get proportionally greater as a car's value diminishes.
what do you want them to do, not charge you labour because the car's almost worthless?
are you one of those faggots who buys a 5 grand M5 and is surprised that it still has the running costs of a 50 grand car?
stupid fucking faggot

my 98 A4 quattro adjusted for inflation cost $41,000 USD

youre implying that vw is bad. even a vw has better fucking parts than a shit tier old ford or honda. the build quality is undeniably superior
and no an awd b5 isnt the same car as a fwd passat besudes sharing an engine, even the chassis in a passat is stretched

are you this dumb? Audi is the one making the innovation and that trickles down to VW. Audi developed the quattro system. Audi is the one racing.

VW is literally Germany's shitbox car manufacturer, right down there with Opel.

I'm not saying its unfair, I'm just saying that anyone who got slapped with a bill like that on such a shit car and goes 'damn that looks like a fair price, sure is a great situation I'm in right now' is a cock sucker, like you.

Their own DOHC V8 huh? Oh wow, it's like 1985 over there now.

>Audi developed the quattro system
You mean the quattro system that hasn't been used by VW or any other VAG group car in 10+ years, and now Audi themselves don't even use other than on their S and RS range of cars?

youll understand when u sit in an audi. meanwhile feel free to stay in ur rusty shitboxes that rattle to death at 20mph , god forbid highway speeds. ill be fucking ur gf in my solid german 90s car

Sounds like you are saying it's unfair desu. Next time just get a civic and stfu.

>they don't use it in every car so therefore its bad.

waaaaaa i hate cars you like.

another faggot who gets mad when companies make cars for the masses. i bet u get all butthurt when u see Macans, a3s, or 318s smoke you. these lame pleb cars are meant to bring up revenue , who gives a shit about base model cars

Are you aware that there were and are 4wd passats? And that's where the 4wd audis come from?

> stretched chassis

Thats it. You're clearly retarded. Or simple a troll.

Oh the old washed up racing pedigree argument.

If you think a company that has been bought by VW, that takes orders from VW, that uses VW money, that uses VW parts and acts according to a general plan from VW to comply with all the brands in the group does anything without being told to do so by VW, you're wrong, you're very wrong.

audi develops nothing

audi uses what VW tells them to use and uses parts made for the entire group

For fucks sake, it goes to extreme of fucking lambhorginis using parts originally designed for shitboxes like Seat Ibizas.

You're just a troll.

>damage control

VW is literally Ford of Germany. You're paying top dollar for Ford-tier parts and somehow even worse reliability.

>owned an Audi for a year
>tries to tell me about my own car

Get out of here shitposter.

Even those korean fucks make their own their own V8s and V6s now, that hardly counts as fucking innovation you stupid yokel.