/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed, use ctr-httpwn instead of updating if you want to play online. NTR has been updated to work (astronautlevel2's build).
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-Installing a9lh without downgrading on the New 3DS (up to 9.2) is now possible.
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-IOSU and CFW Booter released, no stable CFW yet. gbatemp.net/threads/445840
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you own a legit copy of SSB.

>Vita
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-ePSP exploit discovered, ARK might be ported to 3.60.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FIX94/iosuhax/tree/rednand-sigpatches
jii.moe/4yKn4k-DZ.gif
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-rednand-thread-guide.446395
twitter.com/AnonBabble

EPSP WHEN

If you know of a working Pokemon Go bot, please reply.

inb4 >Underage Unovabortions trying to be funny

From the previous thread:
github.com/FIX94/iosuhax/tree/rednand-sigpatches
Looks like somebody's made a build of redNAND with signature patching for Wii U.

>Underage Unovabortions trying to be funny

can anyone tell me if you can play wii u games from the sd card using loadine?

i try to load captain toad but get nothing but a black screen. my impression was that this was possible.

Has anyone tried to play USB MH3U on Wii U with a CFW 3ds? It says you can play locally, does that mean you could usb install/loadline mh3u and play with a freeshopped mh3u?

Here.
I'm running menuhax into RXTools. Is switching to Luma really this easy? What will the instiallation be like?
jii.moe/4yKn4k-DZ.gif

it is possible and working fine since forever
you must have fucked something up
did you format the sd card the right way?

yes you can. you probably messed up folder structure or got a bad/corrupt rip
read the sticky you absolute mouthbreathing mongoloid

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Underage Unovabortions
Do you realize how dumb saying stuff like that is?

Also fuck off with your mobile shit

The more I try to install a vita game, the dumber I feel.
Where do I have to put vpks so that vitamin installs them?

formatted the card using my mac to a basic 'FAT' setting. i'm guessing i couldn't have gotten this far if it was incompatible with the wii u.

but i'll take this into account and maybe use my 3DS to reformat if i can't figure this out, thanks.

i'll try another rip then, thanks

I have, that's how I have RXTools running before there's been such a nice and easy to follow guide. Other than a gif, I don't see an explanation on how to go to menuhax rxtools to Luma3DS.
I don't see how this helps. I'm not asking about DSiWare, and I already have emunand set up.

What is stopping us from running commercial DS roms on the 3DS from the SD card again? I was following along with the thread in the OP, but somewhere I missed or forgot something crucial.

gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-rednand-thread-guide.446395

>I don't see an explanation on how to go to menuhax rxtool
try reading, ape. i upgraded from the first version of rxtools to luma/a9lh yesterday without a problem

the vpk folder for easy find
technically speaking it could be anywhere

I haven't tried it, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

That's literally it? I've been trying since 9 AM.
Does the dlc go there too?

Read the OP dumbhead

If you want to switch to loading your EmuNAND through Luma, then yes, it is that easy.

If you want to switch to running Luma on A9LH SysNAND, there are a lot more steps involved.

>64 gb sd
reeeeeeeeeeeeee
i'll wait for the other team

nah dlc is special case since you don't "install" them
just put them in the correct folder ux0:/addcont_plain/[gameid folder]

is the game you are trying to install don't have mai dump or something?

That's how I got cfw in the first place, but the vitamin thing is just a repeat of the maid dump instructions.

>he can't afford $20

>vita
>cfw
>vitamin
dumbhead

Alright, I'm on 11.1.
However I have a copy of oot3d and powersaves. Can I still access homebrew?

EPSP WHEN?
P
S
P

W
H
E
N
?

>Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed, use ctr-httpwn instead of updating if you want to play online.

I'm an idiot. Who does the advice about using ctr-httpwn apply to? Can a9lh users still play online by updating normally?

Yes. Whatever you do, DO NOT UPDATE. 11.2 fixes a potential new downgrade method that won't require a system transfer.

It said in the dump section that it was vitamin and unzipping the vpk and trying to install it that way did not work. It installed, but did not run.

yes but just homebrew you'll need a hardmod or another 3ds if you want to hack it

The advice about ctr-httpwn only applies to those with just homebrew on their systems. If you have CFW in the form of a9lh or emuNAND, you're safe to update. Make sure your Luma3DS is running the normal 6.3.1 build before you do, and not an hourly dev build.

I was just playing the current Damascus Gear dump only to find out that it only has the first DLC.

Since the DLC is only an empty file, I decided to copy its folder, rename it to the following number and install it with Mai. It unlocked the DLC.

Thanks to the Senran Kagura user for the idea.

Alright, thanks.
Hope you won't mind more queries when I inevitably fuck up.

IWait, people use homebrew without CFWs? Why?

>Valkyrie Drive Bikkhuni is over 3gb and 6k+ files
jesus mang

This is a hypothetical, but: Assume that you would like to remove all traces from A9LH from your 3DS console; for example, if you were planning on selling your console or giving it to a sibling or cousin or sexy niece. Would you be able to remove everything through the 3DS' native "Format System Memory" option in System Settings, or would you have to do something else in order to remove A9LH?

worth it for dem titties

Because it's kickass.

The real answer is that morons who updated past a downgradeable firmware and screwed themselves out of CFW don't have other options. And you can still do some cool stuff like SNES emulation through the HBL.

>hypothetical
Bull fucking shit, but no. It needs more than that.

>sexy niece

Do tell.

I see.

So if I have Luma, which is an emunand, I'm fine.

Why can't I find a ticket for Fatal Frame?

>Luma, which is an emunand
Stop posting family.

Post hypothetical pictures of your hypothetical niece, then we'll talk.

I'm just curious to know what you'd need to do in general. Preptime, if you will.

No.

Pretty much, yes.
And there ARE people who are more interested in the 3DS as a platform for homebrew development rather than CFW/piracy. But those people are just weird.

>sexy niece
I demand proof.

>sexy niece
I'm intrigued, tell me more.

restore a backup that never had a9lh and deselect keep a9lh

Anyone got the Gundam Breaker 3 1.20 update?

No.

But why would you want to remove A9LH?
You don't lose anything by having it on there.

I used to come to /hbg/ to read and talk about all the news in console hacking, help people with questions, and use and post dumps of games.

Now, I come to /hbg/ to express how much I hate some of the people that ask stupid questions.

Do it faggot.

Thanks, Daddy-O.

Again, I'm just curious to know how it's done.

No.

But to install it, you need an emunand right?

Which would be a9lh...?

i got you senpai

That's how you know you've become a regular.

it ended up being a bad rip. tried splatoon and everything worked.

thanks for your help!

(Yooouuu)...

I can't say for certain, but I believe you can actually use safea9lhinstaller to uninstall a9lh by running it as a payload and choosing the uninstall option.
I can't think of any circumstance where you would want to, though.

But why?

anybody have a weird bug when the vita got your game size wrong? my DOA xtreme 3 have the latest patch and running fine and dandy, but the size and version information is wrong
size is only 31mb and version is 1.00

I installed that loli theme that we have floating around, but it won't let me select about half the backgrounds when I go to change them. Anyone know how to fix it?

What loli theme?

God damn, when the fuck will there be an 11.+ downgrade that doesn't require a second 3DS?

I knew that question was coming but I don't have the link to it.

It's just that half the backgrounds show up as blank space in the selection screen. They show up when I make extra panels, but I can't manually select them.

soon, will still require dsiware though for now

There is its called gunhax

What's the last video game you've bought /hbg/.

Hardmode: At full retail price

>bought

Fast Racing NEO

GTA V

corpse party back to school edition

Just bought dariusburst cs and deathsmiles from the degica steam sale last weekend.

Last full price game was borderlands 2 and boy what a mistake that was.

FNAF: Sister Location

Trails of Cold Steel
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
(both around the same time)

Both of those games I regret buying at full price because Digimon got fucking grindy and Cold Steel got super fucking repetitive.

WOFF

SMT4A
Still haven't played it. Slowly working through DQ7 which I also paid full price for.

I haven't opened either of them and installed cia's even though I bought physical copies. Have the soundtrack replacement patch on DQ7.

error?

A man of true taste.

Who knows which devs to support.

mankind divided

MHGen.
Pirated the shit out of MHX before Gen was announced though.

Xenoverse 2
No PS Plus though

Mafia 3. It's pretty good.

New to hacking
Can you pirate DLC as well?

I can't for the life of me remember the last thing I bought at full price. Probably a Wii U game before Amazon started doing their 20% discount.

Touhou: Genso Rondo was the last thing I bought though.

read the sticky retard

emunand is nand redirection
a9lh is an exploit
two entirely different things

no point usb installing it, i'm just grabbing the eur loadline

5 hours

The person that made the theme probably didn't properly add thumbnail files. You can go check other themes to see how the file structure is supposed to look like and fix it yourself.

Cubic ninja, so I can hack and pirate games for my 3ds.

Mario Maker

DOOM

Hardmode: I don't fucking know. It's been a long-ass time.

Stella Glow. But I want to pay for EOV. Fucking hell, Atlus