Help me pick

Need help. Buying a new car around 60k. A lot of good used cars in this price range. Narrowed it down to a couple that seem like the best value.

Corvette ZR1
Nissan GTR

The ZR1 is amazing, light, easy to mod. The used market is filled with nice low mileage examples because they are owned by old men.

The GTR is a great machine with better/more exotic looks. but it has the fuckboy stigma. Cost a lot to mod, but the insurance is much cheaper than the ZR1.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwqo0OpicPA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neither. A lightly used cayman s or more used 911.

not a big fan of the 996 look

Gtr is easier to modify than zr1
Twin turbo v6>stupidcharged v8

Both great cars user the GTR seems more usable I guess it depends on how to intend to use it.
My I only concern with both vehicles i guess is the lack of Ecoboost® technology.
Ecoboost® is really a must have feature for me and my family the extra low down torque it provides combined with class-leading gas mileage is really a no brainer.
It's race proven design is also a reassurance at the track.
Your basically looking at the complete package when you choose an Ecoboost® Motor.

You can get a 997.

Why not a C6 Z06? you can get it to ZR1 levels of power while keeping it NA and its even cheaper than a ZR1 and later model years came with all the same comfy features like magniride.
youtube.com/watch?v=wwqo0OpicPA

60k could get you a mint NSX and leave enough left over to either buy a high miles 90s corvette OR you could get gun and kill yourself

997 Turbo or a C6 Z06 and new springs/retainers so it doesn't drop a valve + a downpayment on a house

What's the point of such a fast car anyways?

>60k NSX
What is this, 2010?

bruh 40k can get you a clean one

i already have a mk4 supra why would i buy some naturally aspirated v6 trash

>High tech, high strung v6
>Easier to modify than a big V8 with huge aftermarket and tons of information on how to do everything

>high strung
LOL. Itcan make over 1000hp on factory turbos
You want high strung? Look at the fucking lt4

>pigfat unreliable automatic v6 warranty void
vs
>lightweight v8 delicious subercharged RWD with manual

Pretty ez choice f a m family t b h des u

>high strung
Bullshit

C6, not C7.

all zo6 ugly af tho

isn't the GTR notorious for powertrain issues?

only first gen afaik. glass trannies

>a 996
>new
>60k

nigger what

997 Carrera S or 991 Carrera

Both about the same performance-wise. 991 has a nicer interior, modern in most every way, 997 is a bit more lively, with a shorter wheelbase.

new z51's start around 60k and you can add power, cooling, brakes and aero as you wish to get z06 performance eventually if you enjoy the car

First gen had launch control trans issues. Most have been fixed. Gtr can get RELIABLE and daily drivable 1200 who. In the tuning world, it kills the corvette. Just look at the Texas Mile or tx2k, the biggest tuning events in the states for proof. Rumor has it AMS has a not yet released 2800whp gtr to destroy it's own 2000whp gtr. Never trust the posters from a rip off of a Japanese picture board.

It depends what you're after OP.

If you want 14 year olds drooling over your car get the GTR

If you want 40 year olds drooling over your car get the Corvette