/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

Holy shit we hit the bump limit Edition

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU (embed)
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a (embed)

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PNUzTM8XjJo
pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mysterious_Akavir
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

member defenguin?

Waifus, lore and harmony.

Oh? How so?

oh fug, who dis?

You've got large arms but you look like a troublemaker.

EZ2C Dialogue Menu or Better Dialogue Controls?

Waifus
Husbandos
Harmony
Lore
Stuff

I usually go around taking care of troublemakers funnily enough. Though I do fuck things up every now and then there is usually a purpose behind it. Like taking out the vampires in castle Volkihar for example.

#
You are telling me that you clearly didn't read the monuments.
Jurgen Windcaller?

Who's excited to Special Edition?

Apparently you didn't read the monuments either, can't even tell us what your point is.

How do I make it so I have archer armor with good stats?

Most archer mods have shitty stats, no bonuses and no defense.

Excited is a... strong word

Is it just (more) HD with new consoles, or is it something more?

You daft cunt, the monuments describe the exact events that led to the Way of the Voice, and why they do what they do.
If you "don't get it", it's probably because you didn't read them.

Well for PC it's basically just an already modded stock version of Skyrim, but 64bit instead of 32.

tes5edit and change the stats

I was kind of excited but turns out it's still a while away since it's not a midnight release.

>Yeah, what reason is that, exactly?
Not him, but the reason why the greybeards don't become warriors is because, originally, the tongues were warriors, who fought in the Nordic armies.

The Nords used the power of the voice to rule over High Rock, skyrim, Northern Cyrodiil, and Morrowind.

However, the Dunmer, and their Dwemer allies, eventually rose up against the Nords, and defeated them at the Battle of Red Mountain(not the same battle that the Dwemer vanished)

Jurgen Windcaller, who was one of the most powerful voice users of the time, claimed High Hrothgar to ponder how strong voices could fail, and eventually came to the realization that the voice was not meant to be used for war.

When the other voice masters heard of his attempts to push this teaching ,they challenged him to combat, and Jurgen using his mastery of the voice, swallowed their shouts for many days, until they eventually could fight no more.
Understanding that Jurgen turely had the strongest voice, the other voiced master submitted to his teachings, and became the first greybeards

The point is that your original statement made no sense to the post you were referring to.

Yet the Dragonborn is an exception because he's dragon-souled, a gift from Akatosh and can, therefore, intrinsically learn Shouts.

It's still sloppy writing.

>Finally got the pre-loader
about damn time Todd

Sorry, my question of "what reason is that" was rhetorical. I know about the history, I just think it doesn't really add up logically.

Jurgen Windcaller decides that the voice isn't meant to be used for war, and should only be used to worship the gods... but it was the gods who gave humans the voice specifically so they could use it for war.

It made sense, it was just calling the question out for what it was
However, I think this conversation is moving away from the purpose.

Oh hey, thanks for the Guar.

>but it was the gods who gave humans the voice specifically so they could use it for war.
Except they didn't.

The gods didn't give the Thu'um to man for war.

The dragons taught the Thu'um to humans, since many dragons wanted Alduin gone.

On Kyne's orders.
The Thu'um is meant to honor the gods. It can be used for violence, but only for specific needs.

I don't know how to use that

Emblem IV from the 7,000 Steps

"Kyne called on Paarthurnax, who pitied Man

Together they taught Men to use the Voice

Then Dragon War raged, Dragon against Tongue"

Kyne gave man the ability to use the voice, but it was the dragons who actually taught them how to use it.

Sorry I wasn't hyper technical in my original post.

You see this?
See how you actually quoted a stone instead of acting like a child saying "you didn't read it, I'm right because I said so"
Do that more

The idea was that you can't just use it like a Nordic nuke.
It was a tool meant for specific circumstances. You can't just Thu'um the grayskins because they suck, but because you do it to honor the gods in some way.

And I bet I'd ruffle some feathers saying this, but using the Thu'um for Talos makes sense.

A R U R U N
R
U
R
U
N

Okay so are you saying Kyne gave man the ability to use the voice for shits and giggles?

Obviously it should be used in moderation, but the pacifistic interpretation of the Greybeards is also extreme, and the way Arngeir flips out on you for wanting to use the voice against Alduin is just stupid and bad writing.

That was a different user, I'm that other user.
I don't see how quoting the book we can all read from is so different from telling you to just read it yourself.
However, I think we both made a mistake, because I didn't infer from your questions that you were already knowledgeable of this. Might've been your fault for not making it clear, might've been mine for not understanding that.

What do you do when you don't know what to do?

>Okay so are you saying Kyne gave man the ability to use the voice for shits and giggles?
That's like asking if Akatosh made Mankar Camoran a dragonborn for shits and giggles.

Basically.

The Gods don't care how people use the powers they give them.

They never have.

Keep going, and hope everything works out okay.

>the way Arngeir flips out on you for wanting to use the voice against Alduin is just stupid and bad writing
It's been a while sense I did the main quest line, when did this happen?

Yes, thank you for the pet, Xi. It must have taken weeks to get him here from Solstheim but he looks healthy enough.

Find something to do.

I kind of am tbqh, I'll dick around in vanilla for a day or two. Then when most of the mods are updated to SE standard I finally have a rig that can take anything Skyrim could possibly throw at it.

When you come back from Sky Haven Temple and ask Arngeir about Dragonrend he calls the shout "evil" and says it goes against the Way of the Voice.

Consistency is overrated.

This talk of Akatosh has me wondering, the Wiki says Akatosh is in every pantheon, but I didn't see him in the Nordic pantheon. And wasn't Akatosh/Aurie-El the one who killed Lorkhan/Shor

When is thrillho coming back, lads

Considering he probably hates you all, never. Stop wondering.

Drink until you do know.

He loves us.

So what you're saying is don't stop drinking.

do any of u know where i can get mods for skyrim on xbone 360? or if it's even possible to get mods on 360?

Ah, this takes me back.

how so, user?

I love you and you love some of us.

I didn't expect RSCO to make *this* much of a change. Aventus and the other boys looks nice and I want to make them followers, but adventuring with young boys sounds like a dangerous slippery slope.

I'm not seeing this on the Wiki, maybe I just need to look harder.
Paarthurnax is who lets you use the Elder Scroll to learn the shout.

i remember aringer saying something about how all the other shuts were made naturally by dragons, but dragonrend was made by nords and fueled by hatred towards the dragons, and that's why it's bad

The wiki doesn't have every bit of dialogue. Paarthurnax is much less of a petulant baby about it than Arngeir, maybe because he was actually there.

Kek
Arngeir: omfg this shout is hateful and mean m'kay
Paarthurnax, their spiritual leader: shit was fucked, had to be done

>but adventuring with young boys sounds like a dangerous slippery slope.
its only a slope if you have sex mods. do you?

This is a joke post right?

doesnt sound like a joke. more like a question.

Well the answer is, there is no modding for the previous gen consoles. It can't be done.

Yeah, it's basically an abomination Shout. It's made up for dragon words, but with human concepts (mortality, especially).

youtube.com/watch?v=PNUzTM8XjJo

I like "Rustic Children" myself. It's a much lighter mod and is usually a lot more compatible with what I tend to run with. That combined with "Almost Everyone is an Adventurer" and "Relationship Dialogue Overhaul" may result in being able to take on a couple apprentices and have them go on adventures with you.

Then when it's time to settle down you could adopt them and be a good parent instead of someone like my father who fucks you in the ass, makes you lick his tattoos, then disowns you a few years later.

Sorry to bother everyone

Is there a website or list of mods that will make the game look absolutely amazing?

I used to have 100+ to make it look great but havent played in like a year

Im sure theres a resource or all in one website to point me towards, please?

pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf

"mortal" and "finite", two things dragons arent. And "temporary",, ??????? starting to see why arngier doesnt like this shout, coulda used a better word than "temporary". like had they said the dragon word for "permanently" they could have permanently dragonrend'd them instead of having them be under dragonrend for like, what, 30 seconds?

So did she scream when you broke her ankles to stuff them into the wood like that?

Tesgeneral is a good place to start. Alternatively look at the Most Endorsed or Most Downloaded Mods on Nexus Mods.

Sounds like that negro is rapping in gookenese.

It's probably the limitations of the game itself and also the fact that you can't 'permanently' kill a dragon; you can only take its soul.

Personally, I always imagined that Shout giving dragons an existentialist crisis worthy of Sartre.

>???????

>pastebin.com/7gF2VLaf
Sorry I meant for skyrim

Rustic children is just skin textures and tweaked meshes for the vanilla clothes, the kids still look like ugly potatoes.

well i mean permanently putting them under dragonrend, not permanently killing a dragon.

but yeah ur right, if dragons stayed under dragonrend for the duration of the battle, that'd be pretty lame. like my dragons flying sometimes.

Hence " It's a much lighter mod and is usually a lot more compatible with what I tend to run with."

Any mod that changes the kids' faces requires modifying their races and creating new races that support facemorphs. As soon as you do that and you add a mod that also has childrace actors in it, shit starts to go south.

Its easy to make patches for it, just go into the CK and generate their facegen

>havent played in like a year
you haven't missed out on too much

Man, it's been a long time. Game feels more clunky than I remember.

Alduin is the Nordic variation of akatosh.

Specifically, while Akatosh is the dragon-god of time, Alduin is the aspect of him that represents time's end.

>And wasn't Akatosh/Aurie-El the one who killed Lorkhan/Shor
It depends o nthe story.

Some say Akatosh/Auri-el killed him

Some say Triminac killed him on akatosh/Auri-Ell's orders

While others say Lorkhan tore out his own heart.

The truth of the matter is that Aaktosh is the conjoined twin brother of Lorkhan, so Akatosh killed Lorkhan, which means Lorkhan killed himself.

See pic related for all the connections

>tesg is going to become tech support general for the next week

see u later fags

So let me get this straight

When skyrim remastered is released, if you want to move your mods from the original over, then the mod author would have to edit his/her mod and make it compatible with SSE?

You realized how many modders have either stopped caring altogether to go back to skyrim modding or have even died?

I wish there was just an easier and universal way to convert a mod. shame.

With the Tiber Septim bloodline completely dead and the empire possibly dismantle maybe in Elder Scrolls VI the player character will be the reincarnation of Talos with the goal of reuniting Tamriel?

For most mods literally all you have to do is open it up in the new CK and then save.

Nope, I guess that's a fair point. I just need to look for a good, follower boy then.

There is, just open up the esp in CK, close it, and unpack the bsa

The whole point of the end of Oblivion was that Martin Septim because the next Alessia, and essentially fulfilled the pact made with Aaktosh.

The gods wont send another person to reunite Tamriel, the gods don't WANT Tamriel untied under one person anymore.

That's why they gave Mankar Camoran Dragonborn powers, so he could dismantle the Empire.

And Martin was made so he could save the world from Dagon and end the pact.

nah fuck that just get skyre and call it good.

>skyre

What is so special about Tamriel when it is not the only continent nor the biggest?

>tfw your older sibling's had the game for over a year and hasn't even completed a cornered rat
>they didn't even realize that equipping a spell unequipped their greatsword until you mentioned it to them

For bigger and more complex mods I assume it isn't that easy. How would I know if a mod needed more than just being opened in the CK to be ported?

>Mankar Camoran
>Dragonborn

Source?

Because being able to wear the Amulet of Kings seemed more like a developer gaffe to me.

Probably because it's the(ir) current kalpa?

Tamriel is the largest landmass on Nirn.

As for what makes it important
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mysterious_Akavir
>Akavir is the kingdom of the beasts. No Men or Mer live in Akavir, though Men once did. These Men, however, were eaten long ago by the vampiric Serpent Folk of Tsaesci. Had they not been eaten, these Men would have eventually migrated to Tamriel. The Nords left Atmora for Tamriel. Before them, the Elves had abandoned Aldmeris for Tamriel. The Redguards destroyed Yokuda so they could make their journey. All Men and Mer know Tamriel is the nexus of creation, where the Last War will happen, where the Gods unmade Lorkhan and left their Adamantine Tower of secrets. Who knows what the Akaviri think of Tamriel, but ask yourself: why have they tried to invade it three times or more?

>Sneak into Thalmor embassy
>Get this guy to help me out
>He turns out to be pretty cool

Post adventures!