He doesn't have meme hole rotors

>he doesn't have meme hole rotors

what kind of p/o/orfags are you guys?

seriously though, these and chanel rotors do they really make any noticeable difference?

>drilled
Mostly aesthetic. Used to be better, but regular brake rotors got less shit.

>slotted
Functional, but may also wear brake pads quicker. Racecar, bro. Brakes are a wear item.

>does reducing braking surface improve performance

>do cooler brakes make my steel brakes better?
LOL op.

Drilled rotors are entirely marketing from supercar companies. An F1 cars rotors aren't drilled because the brakes would legit shatter. Even under normal driving conditions drilled rotors can shatter

I bought my 911 from this dealership. Cool C&C there the morning I drove up.

I don't get drilled. Is that a Porsche meme to get your car to service quicker.

Plus shit it down.

i swear by slotted rotors and carbon ceramic brake pads

i have them on every car i own

F1 rotors are drilled up to 1200 times.

I know you're trolling but why the fuck would ever do that. Carbon ceramic pads don't work properly until they're heated up. Enjoy dying on a 5 minute drive to 7-11

[your mom joke]

No they are not.

Check out the C&C in Annapolis if you're ever near by, it's awesome

I have only had brake fluid boil once, and I was left-foot braking every corner to get over-steer on a FWD.

The main reason? Probably old brake fluid.

If you are actually racing your car, it might be worth it. Otherwise, don't bother. Make sure you have fresh, properly bled brake fluid instead.

P.S.

>tfw brake pedal goes to the floor and nothing happens

They look nice, but they don't offer anything really, if anything they make it more annoying to keep them clean, and add a place for rust to get a foothold on the face of the rotor, since the brakepad can't rub the shit off them like it does the rest of the surface

F1 rotors aren't drilled because of the rules u idiot

same reason they use 14" wheels, because of the rules, which is mostly to keep the size of the brakes smaller

Dyno sheet.

Fun fact: at no point in the World Endurance Championship technical regulations it is said that brake rotors must not be drilled, regardless of the material used to make them.
Yet all GT cars (that are forced to run steel rotors) use slotted rotors, while protos (carbon brakes) all go for a smooth surface.

Slotted/drilled rotors, help alleviate gas build up under intense breaking. So the brake shoes don't chatter against the disc surface giving a solid grip.

It's not used on legit race cars or cars woth ceramic pads because they would warp too far out of spec under the heat and forces generated (think bright red glowing discs). Ceramics can't be drilled or slotted with out significantly weakening the structure of the rotor causing warping and in some cases shattering.

Useless if you don't do tackdays. Straight vents would be better if for cleaning if you like to brake hard.

They don't have ABS either. It's just sports rules. They'd be more effective if drilled though.

Changed the rotors and pads on mine, bled the brake fluid out as well, put it back in but forgot to pump it back up. Boy Ive never braked with my eyes harder in my life.

>Slotted/drilled rotors, help alleviate gas build up under intense breaking.

Yea maybe on pad compounds from the early nineties, but that sure as shit isn't the case in this century mate.

>Ceramics can't be drilled or slotted with out significantly weakening the structure of the rotor causing warping and in some cases shattering.

Brembo Carbon Ceramic brake rotors have holes in 'em. I just looked.

But he knows better than engineers who work on brakes!

Drive a car with a smooth disc in a rainstorm and then drive a slotted/drilled disced car in the same weather. The lack of brake response on smooth discs is actually unsettling at first, but drilled/slotted brakes respond almost immediately.

Since it rains a shit ton where I live, I prefer the latter discs. I don't give a fuck about the added wear because I'm not poor.

>Do stress risers increase the Chance of rotor failures?
Of course they do. Drilled is a meme, the only thing you need is slotted (and only if you're on a track).

Yes, it also allows for proper and even cooling :^)

>drill holes are generated by a computer for the best air flow possible
>Veeky Forums says its a meme
No surprises here.

>diesel fiat

all these engineering shit are hard make sense, pretty cool though

Same effect in snow? On my car it seems ice and snow gets onto the rotor. I have to brake for a pretty good distance to remove it.